Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
I only use the online tool. I've tried to create an account for gkey so many times and it "can't find my application" so I gave up
The application linking process through GCKey is not very user friendly. I had to use the tips from this forum to get mine to work.

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
What did you do to get it to work?
1. Log in with GCKey account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses) - or whatever class you are using to apply for PR
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once) - do not type a city only 1 space
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
1. Log in with GCKey account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses) - or whatever class you are using to apply for PR
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once) - do not type a city only 1 space

4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application
So I applied for family sponsorship (my husband sponsored me) so is it his last name or mine? And would I put 1 or 2? im checking the status of my perm residence

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
So I applied for family sponsorship (my husband sponsored me) so is it his last name or mine? And would I put 1 or 2? im checking the status of my perm residence
Use your last name, since you are the primary applicant. And you would put 2 (1 for you, 1 for your husband - and more if you have children included in the application).

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Use your last name, since you are the primary applicant. And you would put 2 (1 for you, 1 for your husband - and more if you have children included in the application).
Did all of it, still didn't work. wtf. still says can't find it. even included the space

edit: exceeded the number of times. have to try again tomorrow

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
Did all of it, still didn't work. wtf. still says can't find it. even included the space

edit: exceeded the number of times. have to try again tomorrow
When you enter the information, make sure that you enter it exactly as how you submitted the information on your PR application. Otherwise, it will never work.

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
When you enter the information, make sure that you enter it exactly as how you submitted the information on your PR application. Otherwise, it will never work.
I did, I entered everything correctly. I contacted CIC so I hope they will help. I sent them all the info that I wrote in the application finder to prove that I know it, so we will see.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
I did, I entered everything correctly. I contacted CIC so I hope they will help. I sent them all the info that I wrote in the application finder to prove that I know it, so we will see.
Try number of applicants as 1, or try marital status as single. Even if that's not what you put on the application, sometimes things get entered incorrectly on their end. Just last week I saw someone with the marital status thing. I had to put number of applicants as one back in October even though it should have been 3.

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Try number of applicants as 1, or try marital status as single. Even if that's not what you put on the application, sometimes things get entered incorrectly on their end. Just last week I saw someone with the marital status thing. I had to put number of applicants as one back in October even though it should have been 3.
Tried this as well, didn't work

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Please assist with some clarification on the following. I have been under the impression that all dependents need to complete a medical evaluation even if they aren't accompanying the applicant. I am getting ready to submit my application and know that my ex wife who has sole custody due to distance for our minor child won't want to cooperate with medical. Before I go through the process of asking her, I want to be sure that I actually need my little one to have a medical done.

While reading the Basic Guide, I am not confused if it really means all dependents or only if the applicant has sole or joint custody. Any thoughts?

From the guide:
"If you have a dependent child who is a minor and you have joint or sole custody, that child is considered a dependant. The child will need a medical exam even if he or she lives with the other parent and will not be coming with you to Canada.

All of your family members need to be examined even if they aren’t applying to come to Canada with you. If they have not been declared and examined, this may affect your application and you will not be able to sponsor them at a later date"

If in my case I don't have joint or sole custody, do I even need to declare her as a dependent?

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Hey, guys. There isn't an Ottawa VO thread so I'm coming here! We got our AOR2 and I wanted your opinions: should we send the original PCCs and Schedule A to the VO now that they're processing the PA side of our app? Instead of simply waiting to see if they request it? Or is it not-so-common to get requests to send the originals.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Please assist with some clarification on the following. I have been under the impression that all dependents need to complete a medical evaluation even if they aren't accompanying the applicant. I am getting ready to submit my application and know that my ex wife who has sole custody due to distance for our minor child won't want to cooperate with medical. Before I go through the process of asking her, I want to be sure that I actually need my little one to have a medical done.

While reading the Basic Guide, I am not confused if it really means all dependents or only if the applicant has sole or joint custody. Any thoughts?

From the guide:
"If you have a dependent child who is a minor and you have joint or sole custody, that child is considered a dependant. The child will need a medical exam even if he or she lives with the other parent and will not be coming with you to Canada.

All of your family members need to be examined even if they aren’t applying to come to Canada with you. If they have not been declared and examined, this may affect your application and you will not be able to sponsor them at a later date"

If in my case I don't have joint or sole custody, do I even need to declare her as a dependent?
If you are the biological father then yes you have to declare her as nonaccompaning. If you don't you are misrepresenting yourself and could end up in hot water. I would talk to your ex and explain the situation and why she is required to have a medical. if she flat out refuses, then you still need to declare her. Her refusing the medical is not the end of your chances to immigrate. If you are 100% that you never want to sponsor her to Canada you can sign a notarized declaration stating that you are giving up those rights. You should also send in proof that you have no shared custody of her.

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
If you are the biological father then yes you have to declare her as nonaccompaning. If you don't you are misrepresenting yourself and could end up in hot water. I would talk to your ex and explain the situation and why she is required to have a medical. if she flat out refuses, then you still need to declare her. Her refusing the medical is not the end of your chances to immigrate. If you are 100% that you never want to sponsor her to Canada you can sign a notarized declaration stating that you are giving up those rights. You should also send in proof that you have no shared custody of her.
Thanks for the help