Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Reichel said:
Thank you good to know, Would this medical exam be covered by US medical insurance if i have one, or how much would thinscost us? The nearest panel physician from Vegas is LA and Salt lake., anybody been at this place?
I went to a USHealthWorks in Seattle, WA. I submitted my insurance, though I still got a bill that made it seem like my insurance wouldn't pay. It only cost me $62 though, so perhaps my insurance WAS billed, partially. I'm not sure, but that was the only Panel Physician nearby (in all of Washington, I believe), and it wasn't expensive to me, so try to shop around, if possible. It's not that expensive for everyone.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Staunts2015 said:
I went to a USHealthWorks in Seattle, WA. I submitted my insurance, though I still got a bill that made it seem like my insurance wouldn't pay. It only cost me $62 though, so perhaps my insurance WAS billed, partially. I'm not sure, but that was the only Panel Physician nearby (in all of Washington, I believe), and it wasn't expensive to me, so try to shop around, if possible. It's not that expensive for everyone.
I am in Seattle too. I did my medical there and it was for $395. My insurance doesn't deal with USHealthWorks unfortunately. How do you know that your insurance was billed partially? Is there a way for you to find out the total cost?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
luissuarez said:
I am in Seattle too. I did my medical there and it was for $395. My insurance doesn't deal with USHealthWorks unfortunately. How do you know that your insurance was billed partially? Is there a way for you to find out the total cost?
Prior to my appointment, I asked if they take my insurance (Regence Blue Shield) and they said they do. Then I got a bill in the mail, and the wording made it seem like they were still waiting on the insurance payment or something. When I called to see if I should pay the amount (~$62) or if they're still waiting for the insurance payment, they told me to please pay that amount. So if everyone else is paying upwards of $400-$500, I assumed that my insurance was, in fact, applied, and that the $62 was a copay or deductible. I could probably contact my insurance company to find out the total cost.

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
disney said:
Hi Everyone!! I am new to this forum and a little nervous about the process (my husband is SOOOO eager to have it done so he can work anywhere he wants). Here is our story:

1) My now husband used to work for a Canadian company in the USA. We worked on the same team - me in Canada, him in the USA. We met, fell in love etc. Did long distance for two years.

2) At beginning of Year 3, he got a 3 year work permit to work in Canada with the Canadian company. The work permit is tied to his current position in Toronto, with current company. He has no rights to switch jobs or even cities.

3) We get engaged and then just got married - "Celebration in Las Vegas"; Legal wedding @ city hall in Toronto yesterday.

4) We are ready for sponsorship now, and he REALLY wants to switch jobs/company.

5) We both have NEXUS cards.

A few questions:
- Based on posts in general forum, everyone has said that Outland is best route to go for Americans, even if they are living in Canada. Does everyone here agree?
- Can anyone point me to somewhere that shows how a successful package was set up (which forms, evidence, etc).
- Does out case sound simple? I am worried they will delay it because he already is on a work visa, living in Canada.

thanks all!
1. Definitely Outland. Without a doubt unless you want to wait 2-3 years for inland.
2. That's pretty much in the packet. Nothing fancy. Just follow instructions.
3. Yes it is simple. I have a work permit in Canada. I got DM last week, hopefully a good decision. We shall see. But a work permit shouldn't be an obstacle. If your husband really wants to switch jobs, he can always look for a company willing to sponsor him on a work permit. But honestly if the process takes 4-6 months, I would just ride it out if it's not bad.

Hope this helps!

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Reichel said:
Thank you good to know, Would this medical exam be covered by US medical insurance if i have one, or how much would thinscost us? The nearest panel physician from Vegas is LA and Salt lake., anybody been at this place?
Alright so #1 - Not anymore sadly. I was lucky and got mine done back on Dec 20th, 2016 and I just made the cut-off for new up-front appointments. The CIC cut them off and my doctor who did my exam told me fairly soon (at that time was late dec) they were cutting them off from even being able to schedule new people in for the immigration exams.

#2- Go to Canada if you can and get it done if your insurance doesn't cover it, like if you live near the border... It's cheaper, I've heard.

#3- My insurance wasn't covered at the ONLY one in WA State (Seattle), but they did end up reimbursing me because my benefits package covered all of the procedures I had done. I paid $395 USD up front at the clinic. I suggest you contact your insurance provider and ask. The "exam codes"for all of the exam stuff will be on your receipts which you can provide to your insurance provider and they will tell you if you are covered/can be reimbursed. Your exam may be different than mine depending on what your pre-existing conditions are though.

Good luck.

disney

Mar 11, 2017
MasterDen said:
1. Definitely Outland. Without a doubt unless you want to wait 2-3 years for inland.
2. That's pretty much in the packet. Nothing fancy. Just follow instructions.
3. Yes it is simple. I have a work permit in Canada. I got DM last week, hopefully a good decision. We shall see. But a work permit shouldn't be an obstacle. If your husband really wants to switch jobs, he can always look for a company willing to sponsor him on a work permit. But honestly if the process takes 4-6 months, I would just ride it out if it's not bad.

Hope this helps!
It helps!! Thank you:)

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Quick question, since ECAS shows Decision Made will I be receiving a Passport Request since I’m from a visa-exempt country (USA)? It looks like others have but after reading older threads other users haven’t ever had a PPR and had their COPR mailed out. We were going to have my COPR mailed to my wife’s address in Canada and not mine in the USA, figure it will be a little faster if it’s not international.

If I do get my PPR, I’d like to mail it overnight via UPS, as I don’t trust the snail mail. Is there any possible way to do this if they request a prepaid return envelope? I guess if we have it shipped to Canada the Xpresspost should be no problem?

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
I think people are misinterpreting the post about Service Canada being closed. As far as I know, that's where you go to apply for your social insurance number. They don't do it at the border.
Yeah, I definitely misunderstood that. I thought I was seeing people on different posts saying that their SIN was issued at landing.

acwikla4769

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1- 14-11-2016
File Transfer...
11-01-2017
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-21-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Copr recieved 3/13/2017
LANDED..........
3/23/2017
our COPR arrived today!!!!!!!! odd though they have listed condition 51 even though we have been married for more then 2 years

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
Hello everyone,

We just sent our application via Xpresspost today. Both of us are living together in Canada but we applied via the Outland/Family Class route since it appears to have a much faster processing time. We'll keep you posted as to the timeline of the process. Speaking of that, I can't find any place in our profile to update the timeline so it appears under our posts. I did a search in the forum and it says to edit your profile and click on Forum Profile Information. The problem is that this section doesn't appear in our profile. Anyone know what's going on there? Thanks!

sirbill

Sep 6, 2016
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2017 (mailed 24-03)
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
eta 17-07-2017
BlueGreen said:
Hello everyone,

We just sent our application via Xpresspost today. Both of us are living together in Canada but we applied via the Outland/Family Class route since it appears to have a much faster processing time. We'll keep you posted as to the timeline of the process. Speaking of that, I can't find any place in our profile to update the timeline so it appears under our posts. I did a search in the forum and it says to edit your profile and click on Forum Profile Information. The problem is that this section doesn't appear in our profile. Anyone know what's going on there? Thanks!
Congrats on completing step one! Now the waiting begins...

You can't update your profile with info until you've reached some number of posts (10 maybe?).

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
sirbill said:
Congrats on completing step one! Now the waiting begins...

You can't update your profile with info until you've reached some number of posts (10 maybe?).
Great! Thanks for the information!

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends,

I am going to land next week, need guidance about leased Toyota car.

Is there any problem in taking leased car for landing in Canada via land border? What I have to inform border agent about leased car?

Thanks

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
2calgary said:
hi friends,

I am going to land next week, need guidance about leased Toyota car.

Is there any problem in taking leased car for landing in Canada via land border? What I have to inform border agent about leased car?

Thanks
Car has to be paid off in full and clear title. you'll have to return it to your dealer.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barch88 said:
Car has to be paid off in full and clear title. you'll have to return it to your dealer.
Thanks

If I am not importing it, can I take it to Canada temporarily (1 month) during landing only?