N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Stevin said:
It took me forever to finally link. I used application number, and place of birth, and # of applicants as 2. Give that a go. Good luck.
You were spot on with the 2. Thanks!!

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
MasterDen said:
You were spot on with the 2. Thanks!!
Yaaaaay! That's great news!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
skyzee said:
Checking obsessively on ECAS & MyCIC at least twice a day.... haven't received AOR1 even though I've linked my application to MyCIC, and it's starting to look like I won't receive it. Will hope for SA by the end of next week... which would have made it a month and a week since application was received.
a month isn't that long to be waiting. as another poster suggested, you can call the call center. if there was any decision made on the sponsor's application, they would be able to tell you. otherwise, it's a waiting game. there are times it take 60-90 days for people to receive AOR/SA. There are many factors to take into account, including application volume. We also don't know if they will continue to process the applications exactly the same way with this new application package. there's a chance we will be seeing notifications sent differently now. there's really no need to worry at this point.

I would recommend stepping away from ECAS and MYCIC. they really aren't that reliable, and cause more frustration than anything. it will happen soon.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
skyzee said:
Checking obsessively on ECAS & MyCIC at least twice a day.... haven't received AOR1 even though I've linked my application to MyCIC, and it's starting to look like I won't receive it. Will hope for SA by the end of next week... which would have made it a month and a week since application was received.

Yea, you need to chill on the checking, you're just working yourself up. You don't have anything to worry about, being an American app...

Live your life like normal and it'll come when it comes :)

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
DM Made today according to ECAS. I am assuming that means "approved" and there were no medical issues or prior convictions.

So, yaaaaaay! I am gonna have to figure out about 'flagpolling'. Last time I called CBSA regarding the import of my partners vehicle, the lady I spoke to went on and on about how flagpolling doesn't mean just driving to the border, and that you have to be out of Canada for a period of time and out of the 'neutral zone'. I didn't fully understand. If anyone has any link to some flagpolling info, please share - I would be most thankful!

Thank you to all who have assisted me with my questions and those who shared kind words which saved me from going totally crazy during the wait! Cheers to all!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Stevin said:
DM Made today according to ECAS. I am assuming that means "approved" and there were no medical issues or prior convictions.

So, yaaaaaay! I am gonna have to figure out about 'flagpolling'. Last time I called CBSA regarding the import of my partners vehicle, the lady I spoke to went on and on about how flagpolling doesn't mean just driving to the border, and that you have to be out of Canada for a period of time and out of the 'neutral zone'. I didn't fully understand. If anyone has any link to some flagpolling info, please share - I would be most thankful!

Thank you to all who have assisted me with my questions and those who shared kind words which saved me from going totally crazy during the wait! Cheers to all!
congrats. great to see ottawa getting back up and running. you will want to be on a look out for a brown envelope in regular mail.

technically, she's right. you do have to "leave canada" to flag pole. there is no time requirement i am aware of or that has been mentioned on this forum. many people do this without issue. what you do is when you get the the US side, you tell them you are "flagpoling to land as a PR". They issue you an "administrative refusal" and turn you back around to canada. the administrative refusal does not reflect on future entries. your other option is to enter the us for a few hours and drive back to canada. Since CBSA officers don't initiate "flagpoling", there's a good chance the officer you talked to didn't have the facts straight.

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
CDNPR2014 said:
congrats. great to see ottawa getting back up and running. you will want to be on a look out for a brown envelope in regular mail.

technically, she's right. you do have to "leave canada" to flag pole. there is no time requirement i am aware of or that has been mentioned on this forum. many people do this without issue. what you do is when you get the the US side, you tell them you are "flagpoling to land as a PR". They issue you an "administrative refusal" and turn you back around to canada. the administrative refusal does not reflect on future entries. your other option is to enter the us for a few hours and drive back to canada. Since CBSA officers don't initiate "flagpoling", there's a good chance the officer you talked to didn't have the facts straight.
Thank you so much for the info! I will await the brown envelope. By then we should be ready to hit the road for our 6 hr drive to the border. Thank you again!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Stevin said:
Thank you so much for the info! I will await the brown envelope. By then we should be ready to hit the road for our 6 hr drive to the border. Thank you again!
well if you're driving that far, you might as well take the day and enjoy yourselves across the border! you'll have no issue upon your return when you have your COPR. :)

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
Stevin said:
Congrats on DM !!!!! :)

And thanks for everyone for their posts... maybe I'll give the CIC call center a call for kicks then haha.

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna -> changed to Ottawa!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Stevin said:

I'm pretty sure I have read somewhere on this forum that to import a vehicle you can't just "flagpole" in the sense that you do to enter as a resident. It was a more complicated process, like you have to stay in the U.S. for 72 hours or something like that. So maybe that's what she was trying to explain? Good luck figuring it out and congratulations!! :D

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
BCgirl_inNL said:
I'm pretty sure I have read somewhere on this forum that to import a vehicle you can't just "flagpole" in the sense that you do to enter as a resident. It was a more complicated process, like you have to stay in the U.S. for 72 hours or something like that. So maybe that's what she was trying to explain? Good luck figuring it out and congratulations!! :D
yes, this is correct. for a car import, the car must have been in the us for at least 72 hours prior to exporting. this is completely separate from "flagpoling" to become pr.

Cath-Toronto

Jun 22, 2016
Hello! I just got an email from CIC asking for more proof of cohabitation. We already sent:

-A letter from our landlord stating that we have lived there together for over a year (we do not have a formal lease)
-Me listed as his common-law partner on his benefits at work
-Letters from our family and friends (two notarized) that say that we have lived together for over a year
-Drivers licenses that list the same address
-My old study permits, which list the same address

He pays the rent and the utilities, so financially we do not split anything in the house, and we do not have joint bank accounts.

Wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and if there is anything else that you can recommend us sending!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Cath-Toronto said:
Hello! I just got an email from CIC asking for more proof of cohabitation. We already sent:

-A letter from our landlord stating that we have lived there together for over a year (we do not have a formal lease)
-Letters from our family and friends (two notarized) that say that we have lived together for over a year

He pays the rent and the utilities, so financially we do not split anything in the house, and we do not have joint bank accounts.

Wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and if there is anything else that you can recommend us sending!
more than likely they are looking for proof of continuing cohabitation, to be sure you both are still living together. this is a normal request. send them everything you have as well as new proof that shows you still live together. have people write updated letters, send proof of you both currently receiving mail at the same location, and proof of the same address on any accounts you have - whether they are shared or not.

centralpork

Mar 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2016
Cath-Toronto said:

Hey there! I received the same exact request, also having originally provided a lease, letters from family and friends, joint renters insurance - and also no joint banking (I did send evidence of money transfers, explained how we do our financial splitting, etc).

When prompted for more info (I got this request right before Christmas), I provided our lease renewal, joint insurance renewal, additional evidence of financial splitting and some emails demonstrating our joint responsibility for household items (appliances were broken, we both were in touch with our landlord & vendors to fix this). I'm assuming it's a pretty standard thing to ask. On that day, my file was updated to show that medicals were passed and background check is in process, no news since but I'll keep this thread posted on when that moves.

Juniorrlopez

Sep 9, 2016
Thunder Bay, ON
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2016
AOR Received.
Oct 13 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
DM - 03/10/2017 Passport Email - 03/18/2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/24/2017
LANDED..........
03/30/2017 by land
skyzee said:
The waiting is hard for sure... My app was sent in early Sept without movement besides AOR1 and seeing applicants whom submitted at a later date get their DM is extremelllly frustrating haha.

Hang in there, I'm sure our time will come :)