File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
ryanntheredhead said:
Hi there,

I received an email from CIC just now that my application has been updated (automated email for any updates done in GCKey). I checked both GCKey and ecas for me and my sponsor and there is no change anywhere. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I'm in the final stages here. Doc request August 29, sent what they asked for August 30 and haven't heard anything since then. People that applied 20 days after me have gotten through over two weeks ago so I'm hoping my turn is soon.
Ryan I am clinging to every word, lol! I don't have myCIC as you know, so I don't get any updates like that. I hope that it's positive news and they're working on your (and maybe our) app too!

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
lalicatter said:
Ryan I am clinging to every word, lol! I don't have myCIC as you know, so I don't get any updates like that. I hope that it's positive news and they're working on your (and maybe our) app too!
I know I need to stop thinking about it, but it feels so close that I just can't help myself! But don't worry, I'll definitely be letting you know if/when I hear anything.

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
I'm so confused :)
So you fill out a B4 for goods you are bringing with you, and a separate B4 for goods to follow? Or are they 2 different forms?
Any help is appreciated, thank you

Jli

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 15-11-2016
LANDED..........
25-11-2016
tigermilo said:
Hi I have a question for you. I'm sponsoring my husband and he has a charge from 8 years ago. He had a felony which was dropped to a misdemeanour and spent a week and a half in county jail. On his background declaration he indicated that that he was detained and in jail and also explained what happened. He's going to pay for his FBI check some time this week (we haven't even submitted our application yet). Should we, in the meantime, send his State police check or just give the receipt for the FBI check? Did your friend apply for criminal rehabilitation? Should we do that? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really stressing out over his background
Hello, my husdand has an arrest to his fbi record, it happened three years ago. When it's going to be five years, he is going to fill the form for a canadian pardon. I think this is what your spouse should do as well.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
ryanntheredhead said:
Hi there,

I received an email from CIC just now that my application has been updated (automated email for any updates done in GCKey). I checked both GCKey and ecas for me and my sponsor and there is no change anywhere. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I'm in the final stages here. Doc request August 29, sent what they asked for August 30 and haven't heard anything since then. People that applied 20 days after me have gotten through over two weeks ago so I'm hoping my turn is soon.
I was just thinking this morning that the automated 'update' email could indicate that payment of RPRF has been recorded on the account. That would be an account update but one you wouldn't see. It would also be consistent with the person from Ottawa in July who said payment took about 4-5 weeks to be recorded on the application. Just a guess! :)

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
lalicatter said:
I was just thinking this morning that the automated 'update' email could indicate that payment of RPRF has been recorded on the account. That would be an account update but one you wouldn't see. It would also be consistent with the person from Ottawa in July who said payment took about 4-5 weeks to be recorded on the application. Just a guess! :)
Okay that definitely would make sense. Which is good news, now just get to work on our applications! I'm waiting to see some sort of status under Review of Submitted Documents in MyCIC too since I submitted documents with my RPRF. I'll let you know if/when that happens.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bcgirl1 said:
I'm so confused :)
So you fill out a B4 for goods you are bringing with you, and a separate B4 for goods to follow? Or are they 2 different forms?
Any help is appreciated, thank you
they are the same form. there is a box to tick whether the list is "goods to follow". if you have both types of goods, then you need 1 form for each list.

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
CDNPR2014 said:
they are the same form. there is a box to tick whether the list is "goods to follow". if you have both types of goods, then you need 1 form for each list.
Thank you so much CDNPR2014!!! One more thing, my husband received his COPR and planned to land in Dec but has to cross into Canada this month for work. Does he have to do his landing the first time he enters or can he wait until Dec to do it as planned?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bcgirl1 said:
Thank you so much CDNPR2014!!! One more thing, my husband received his COPR and planned to land in Dec but has to cross into Canada this month for work. Does he have to do his landing the first time he enters or can he wait until Dec to do it as planned?
hi, i posted this on the last page, but it got lost in the shuffle:

no he doesn't. he can come as a visitor, business or otherwise, without landing as a pr. it is not required for him to land the next time he enters canada. the only rule is he must land by the expiration date listed on the COPR. he can certainly come for work, then land when he plans to in December.

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
CDNPR2014 said:
hi, i posted this on the last page, but it got lost in the shuffle:

no he doesn't. he can come as a visitor, business or otherwise, without landing as a pr. it is not required for him to land the next time he enters canada. the only rule is he must land by the expiration date listed on the COPR. he can certainly come for work, then land when he plans to in December.
OH wow that's great news! Thank you for all your help :)

itsfubb

Apr 24, 2016
Hello All,

Can anyone offer advice on their experience with visitation during the Outland Spouse Applications?

My husband wants me to send the application and then just stay with me (as a visitor) while it is being processed . I've explained to him that we might not be able to do that as it would look like he is living here (Montreal). How could we spend as much time together during this process, should he move closer to the border or come here after we receive our approval?

My Husband is from Florida and is currently working there, I am from Montreal. We just recently got married and are finalizing our paperwork.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated as we both feel very lost ! :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
itsfubb said:
Hello All,

Can anyone offer advice on their experience with visitation during the Outland Spouse Applications?

My husband wants me to send the application and then just stay with me (as a visitor) while it is being processed . I've explained to him that we might not be able to do that as it would look like he is living here (Montreal). How could we spend as much time together during this process, should he move closer to the border or come here after we receive our approval?

My Husband is from Florida and is currently working there, I am from Montreal. We just recently got married and are finalizing our paperwork.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated as we both feel very lost ! :)
he can certainly come visit you while he is waiting for his application to be processed. what's important is he doesn't want to look, act or talk like he's "moving", as he has no right to "move" to canada until he is landed as a pr. meaning, he wants to only use the term "visiting", be prepared to show ties to the us, have proof of his PR application (either submitted or being worked on), and not show up with everything he owns. more than likely he won't even need to show this proof, it is a good to have in case they ask. it is perfectly acceptable to say, "i am here to visit my wife. i have a pr application submitted/am working on my pr application". if they don't stamp his passport, then it is assumed he has a 6 mo. entry. if he wants to stay longer than his initial entry, 1 month prior to his visit ending, he can simply apply to extend his stay as a visitor and request as much time as he wants. many people do this and it's not an issue. he also doesn't have to do 1 long trip. when i was going through the process, i would stay in canada for a month or so, then go back to the states for a month or 2 and go back. when cbsa sees you know the rules, and you're not trying to work in canada illegally, they are pretty lenient with PR applicants.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
Jli said:
Hello, my husdand has an arrest to his fbi record, it happened three years ago. When it's going to be five years, he is going to fill the form for a canadian pardon. I think this is what your spouse should do as well.
I was thinking we should do that too but it says that application typically takes a year to be processed and we don't want to be away from each other longer than we have to. It's also $1000

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get Pre-arrival help before arriving in Canada and arrive prepared. These services are free ( payed by the Canadian government) Hence the list on IRCC website. Check them out at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

For general help you can check out http://nextstopcanada.ca/ . It is the only general settlement service for people who are not in Canada yet and you will find it at the end of the IRCC list I just provided for you. But Check the list. See what will be best for you.

Best of luck!

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
Jli said:
Also, is his application still being processed? Did they start looking into his background yet? I just want to know how other people who have a criminal background applications went and how long it took to be processed