Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
mruhomau said:
Hi everyone,

As per my previous posts (about a month or so ago ), I mentioned that I will take a stab at filling all the forms for the US PR spousal outland application for my wife and will ask all of my question at once. I figured this will be easier this way to get help. I went through the guide for both the sponsor and principal applicant (wife) and completed my wife and I filled out all the forms required and gathered all the documents and below are my questions :

(i) in form IM1344 , question 1, I am not sure which option is better. That is, should I check " all processing fees less $75 will be refunded " or should I check the other option " proceed with application and processing fees will be retained " . I am unsure why they give these two options and what is the benefit of checking proceed with the application
I'm not exactly sure, either. If you check "proceed", and there's a problem with the sponsor's application, you have the right to appeal that negative decision. If you check "return/refund", you'll get everything back and need to start over again. I chose "proceed", because my wife/sponsor's app is about as cut and dried as is possible. If they balk at that, I definitely want to appeal!

(ii) I am assuming when submitting the application , both the sponsor forms part and the principal applicant ( spouse) forms will be submitted in one application. Is that correct ? if yes, is the whole application supposed to be mailed from the US or from Canada ? At this point we have all the forms filled out and signed, I am not sure if there is a preference as to where the application needs to be mailed from
Yes, both the sponsor's application and the PR app go as one package to CPC-Mississauga. It doesn't matter where you send it from - US or Canada - but sending it via courier (UPS/DHL/FedEx/Purolator) is best. Make sure you use the courier address!

(iii) We are including a cover letter in the application, does the cover letter needs to be addressed from me or my wife ? or can we used "We " , i.e both of us are writing the cover letter
"We" is just fine. You're supposed to be a couple, after all. ;D

mruhomau

May 11, 2016
thank you omegabyte ! These were helpful. As for the "proceed ", I will choose the safest option i.e "proceed " . And since its in Mississauga, I will most likely mail it from Canada ( I live in Mississauga lol ). Maybe I should just go drop it there. haha joking.

If they approve the PR, do you know if they send my wife a letter or is it me ? The reason is that she might be visiting Canada in the month of December

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
mruhomau said:
If they approve the PR, do you know if they send my wife a letter or is it me ? The reason is that she might be visiting Canada in the month of December
The CoPR is sent to the PA (your wife) at the mailing address you give on her IMM0008. You can give your Canadian address as her mailing address, but if you do make sure you include an IMM5476 (Use of a Representative) listing you as her representative.

mruhomau

May 11, 2016
ah ok ! I see. one last question. I remember when I did my own PR ( under the worker's class ), when mailing the application, it specifically mentioned do not stape the forms etc. So I had to use paper clips instead. Is that applicable for the spousal PR sponsorship ?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
mruhomau said:
ah ok ! I see. one last question. I remember when I did my own PR ( under the worker's class ), when mailing the application, it specifically mentioned do not stape the forms etc. So I had to use paper clips instead. Is that applicable for the spousal PR sponsorship ?
Yes. No staples or binding.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
Hi, was talking about doc requests in another thread and realized I may have not sent what they wanted.

I got a doc request Aug 29 for RPRF and additional information proving my common law partner and I are currently living together. In my original application I sent the part of our lease where we signed, as well as a print out from our bank with the same address on it for both of us. The bank form was from February. So I sent them the full copy of our lease, our driver's licenses, and the same bank forms (thinking they missed them?). Now I'm realizing that our lease says one year from May 2015 to May 2016, but we went month-to-month and have no paper documentation of that. So maybe they asked for proof of current living situation because technically our lease is up. I could also get another print out from our bank that has today's date on it if needed. My question is: should I be worried that my proof is not enough or not up to date? And can I send more proof now, a month after I sent the docs requested? I haven't had any movement in ecas or mycic since the doc request so I'm assuming they haven't picked my application back up since Aug 29.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
ryanntheredhead said:
Hi, was talking about doc requests in another thread and realized I may have not sent what they wanted.

I got a doc request Aug 29 for RPRF and additional information proving my common law partner and I are currently living together. In my original application I sent the part of our lease where we signed, as well as a print out from our bank with the same address on it for both of us. The bank form was from February. So I sent them the full copy of our lease, our driver's licenses, and the same bank forms (thinking they missed them?). Now I'm realizing that our lease says one year from May 2015 to May 2016, but we went month-to-month and have no paper documentation of that. So maybe they asked for proof of current living situation because technically our lease is up. I could also get another print out from our bank that has today's date on it if needed. My question is: should I be worried that my proof is not enough or not up to date? And can I send more proof now, a month after I sent the docs requested? I haven't had any movement in ecas or mycic since the doc request so I'm assuming they haven't picked my application back up since Aug 29.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
It would probably be best to send them something more current that shows you are living together still. More proof can't hurt.

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
Hi again all,

Is there any way to speak to an actual person in Ottawa regarding a case? When my husband applied for me last fall we submitted background checks from 3 of the 4 foreign countries I've lived in for over 6 months. The 4th, Japan, required a letter from CIC detailing why I needed the background check in order to schedule an appointment at the consulate to apply for a police certificate. I clearly stated this in the letter that accompanied my application to CIC that I needed this letter. Fast forward almost a year. I just paid my permanent residence fee last week and send the photocopy of the passport and today I received an email from CIC stating that they need a police certificate from Japan within 30 days or they may deny my application. I contacted the Japanese Consulate in Chicago and will go there on Wednesday but it takes 2-3 months for them to issue the certificate and they told me they could not provide any kind of receipt or documentation showing that the I had applied for a certificate. Apparently the procedure has changed since last fall and they no longer require a letter from the requesting agency. I had no way to know of this change. What do I do other than emailing the CIC and stating the facts above? I worked so hard last fall to get the other 3 certificates and the FBI background check. My husband and three children are Canadian citizens and we were hoping to leave for Canada by the end of the year. I'm so discouraged and also not looking forward to the 19 hours of driving I will do on Wednesday to drive to Chicago and back. Any advice and words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
hmks said:
Hi again all,

Is there any way to speak to an actual person in Ottawa regarding a case? When my husband applied for me last fall we submitted background checks from 3 of the 4 foreign countries I've lived in for over 6 months. The 4th, Japan, required a letter from CIC detailing why I needed the background check in order to schedule an appointment at the consulate to apply for a police certificate. I clearly stated this in the letter that accompanied my application to CIC that I needed this letter. Fast forward almost a year. I just paid my permanent residence fee last week and send the photocopy of the passport and today I received an email from CIC stating that they need a police certificate from Japan within 30 days or they may deny my application. I contacted the Japanese Consulate in Chicago and will go there on Wednesday but it takes 2-3 months for them to issue the certificate and they told me they could not provide any kind of receipt or documentation showing that the I had applied for a certificate. Apparently the procedure has changed since last fall and they no longer require a letter from the requesting agency. I had no way to know of this change. What do I do other than emailing the CIC and stating the facts above? I worked so hard last fall to get the other 3 certificates and the FBI background check. My husband and three children are Canadian citizens and we were hoping to leave for Canada by the end of the year. I'm so discouraged and also not looking forward to the 19 hours of driving I will do on Wednesday to drive to Chicago and back. Any advice and words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Sending an email or a fax asking for an extension on the 30 days explaining the wait time for the certificate and providing a phone number for the consulate so they can confirm. Give them as much information as you can.

I have not found any other way of contacting CPC-Ottawa. Best wishes!!

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
itsasyn17 said:
Sending an email or a fax asking for an extension on the 30 days explaining the wait time for the certificate and providing a phone number for the consulate so they can confirm. Give them as much information as you can.

I have not found any other way of contacting CPC-Ottawa. Best wishes!!
Thank you! I'll send an email after I go to the consulate on Wednesday. Appreciate the advice.

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Update...my husband received his COPR this week and he has until next August to land. Im really surprised at the length of time they give him, however he will be landing in Dec. I'm truly impressed with how quickly this all went :)

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
Bcgirl1 said:
Update...my husband received his COPR this week and he has until next August to land. Im really surprised at the length of time they give him, however he will be landing in Dec. I'm truly impressed with how quickly this all went :)
Congrats! I bet it feels good to have that COPR in hand!! :)

Hoping we hear some good news soon.

yajiijay

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
Hello

Just need some help here, CIC just sent me an email.

the email says : In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from the Philippines.

I am sponsoring my wife who is a US Permanent Resident for almost 4 years now. My wife became PR and came to US when she was 20 years old and she's 24 now, so I don't understand why they have to ask for a police certificate from Philippines when she's already PR in US for 4years.

Please help me to understand, i just need an explanation.

Thank you

sjs124

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
06-09-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
yajiijay said:
Hello

Just need some help here, CIC just sent me an email.

the email says : In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from the Philippines.

I am sponsoring my wife who is a US Permanent Resident for almost 4 years now. My wife became PR and came to US when she was 20 years old and she's 24 now, so I don't understand why they have to ask for a police certificate from Philippines when she's already PR in US for 4years.

Please help me to understand, i just need an explanation.

Thank you
For police certificates it doesnt matter how long its been since she lived there. If she lived there for more than 6 months (which she did) then she will need the police certificate.