23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
fleuredeflorida said:
Hello again- I have another question I'm hoping the wisdom of the board can help me figure out. :D

Does the outland application have to be sent from the US or outside of Canada? My wife and I had been hoping to submit this before I arrive on Sunday (as a visitor) but we've hit some delays with gathering tax documents, etc. Could we send the application from Toronto, or would we need to send it to my parents in FL and have them send it in the CIC?
You can submit an outland application from within Canada. You can also say on your application that you are currently "living" with your spouse (on visitor status). I believe there's a question that asks if you are currently living together. However, make sure it's clear when you cross the border that the CBSA knows you are only visiting.

zubairzi

Feb 9, 2016
Hi,

Another question please. When I log in to check the application status I see this:

1. We received xxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on February 9, 2016.
2. We started processing xxxxxxxxx's application on March 29, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

I already got SA. The above is under my wife's (applicant) status. Does it ever say anything about FBI records received?

Thank you !

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
zubairzi said:
Does it ever say anything about FBI records received?

Thank you !
No. though, this suggests your wife will probably see her passport request (PPR) and request to pay the right of permanent residency fee (RPRF) (if it wasn't paid upfront) soon.

feelings

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-27-2016
Doc's Request.
02-17-2016
Looking for some suggestions on contacting CIC. I filed back in January, received request for documents which I sent but have not received an AOR yet.

All I was assigned was a File # which I cannot track. I see a lot of others have received their AORs. How can I contact on CIC? the Toll free number does not work

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
Just logged in this morning to find decision made <3 I assume this is good news!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
bradybunchmom said:
Just logged in this morning to find decision made <3 I assume this is good news!!
sure is! congrats! you'll see your COPR in probably 1-3 weeks!

canadiangal20

Oct 28, 2015
Hello, so we already got out FBI clearance done and medical check up ... i heard that the fbi/police clearance is only good for 3 months? ... is that true? also can he mail all his side of forms to me with signature and everything and I can mail it to ottawa. or should he come and see me, sign the forms and we mail the package together? does it matter who mails the package to ottawa?

also another question, i am giving birth in late june so he is planning on visiting me for month and a half, and he is bringing the crib and stroller from USA (as it costs less), do you think he will have trouble crossing the border? can he just say he is visiting me and that his wife is pregnant? I am afraid they wont let him cross as he is bringing stuff with him?? ...

i am sorry, i feel like i have posted this question before but for some reason i cant find it and i went all the way back to feb 2016 ... so sorry to double post (maybe).

thank you for your help in advance!

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
canadiangal20 said:
Hello, so we already got out FBI clearance done and medical check up ... i heard that the fbi/police clearance is only good for 3 months? ... is that true? also can he mail all his side of forms to me with signature and everything and I can mail it to ottawa. or should he come and see me, sign the forms and we mail the package together? does it matter who mails the package to ottawa?

also another question, i am giving birth in late june so he is planning on visiting me for month and a half, and he is bringing the crib and stroller from USA (as it costs less), do you think he will have trouble crossing the border? can he just say he is visiting me and that his wife is pregnant? I am afraid they wont let him cross as he is bringing stuff with him?? ...

i am sorry, i feel like i have posted this question before but for some reason i cant find it and i went all the way back to feb 2016 ... so sorry to double post (maybe).

thank you for your help in advance!
You mail the sponsorship and applicant sections together, as one package, to Mississauga :)

Once you have an active PR application in process theyre usually pretty understanding about visiting. And he certainly has a reason! I'm sure it'll be okay.

zubairzi

Feb 9, 2016
Hi,

How many days after it shows "Decision Made" on the CIC website do we hear what the decision is? It just shows "Decision Made" for now. Who will get the correspondence, the sponsor or applicant?

Thank you

jwnmm

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 28-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt; CoPR: 02-05-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Hey guys,

I was wondering, for those with Ottawa VO who received a document request, did they ever send you a confirmation of some sort that they received the document(s)?

On Thursday I received a request for a scan of my passport, and they asked me to reply directly to the e-mail and include my UCI and File No. I replied within 20 minutes or so with the scan.

I received the automated message, but can I expect to receive confirmation otherwise? (I'd be happier knowing the person working on my application can actually find what they requested, lol)

Thanks

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
zubairzi said:
Hi,

How many days after it shows "Decision Made" on the CIC website do we hear what the decision is? It just shows "Decision Made" for now. Who will get the correspondence, the sponsor or applicant?

Thank you
Applicant will receive copr by mail in about eight to ten days. It will come regular mail and you will not have to sign for it. I am assuming you applied Outland.

geelee

Nov 3, 2015
Hello!

Yes been waiting almost over 6 weeks for the mail. Called once and they said it should be out soon. Sooooo annoying! At least they confirmed my spouse was approved.

Could someone enlighten me on what happens next? What does the paper work ask for? Will he have to send his passport in?

Thank you!!!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
geelee said:
Hello!

Yes been waiting almost over 6 weeks for the mail. Called once and they said it should be out soon. Sooooo annoying! At least they confirmed my spouse was approved.

Could someone enlighten me on what happens next? What does the paper work ask for? Will he have to send his passport in?

Thank you!!!
If you have DM and are waiting got COPR to arrive in the mail you don't have to do anything unless you get a letter asking for something else. USA does not have to send passport . I assume you are Outland.
Once you have COPR, you take that and your passport to land.

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen, and my wife is American. We are processing outland, but we have not submitted our application yet.

Her panel physician in Philadelphia is concerned about whether or not she is "in the system" or not. She has had a visitor record for Canada, therefore has a UCI -- but the physician also asked about her IME and bio data forms? Don't we just purely need a referral from her after an upfront medical exam?

Please help us understand. You guys, I'm sure, will know that my calls to CIC don't make it to any humans. :-X

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
I have also been flipping through the pages of this thread. It's really valuable that this exists, even for empathy's sake. I wish I could identify the exact page that would have answers to my specific question, haha.

Great job, everybody. Hope to be another success story.