Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
ecclesiast said:
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen, and my wife is American. We are processing outland, but we have not submitted our application yet.

Her panel physician in Philadelphia is concerned about whether or not she is "in the system" or not. She has had a visitor record for Canada, therefore has a UCI -- but the physician also asked about her IME and bio data forms? Don't we just purely need a referral from her after an upfront medical exam?

Please help us understand. You guys, I'm sure, will know that my calls to CIC don't make it to any humans. :-X
The IME is the identifying number that is given to you when you do your medical and is on an information sheet that they give you to send with your application to the CIC. Just tell the panel physician you don't have one and haven't done a medical before. Even the UCI is optional, but you can go ahead and use her UCI since she already has one for your PR application and with the panel physician. Just tell the physician you don't have an IME and you do have a UCI.

Even if your calls to the CIC made it to an actual person, they're known to give incorrect advice sometimes.

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
Decoy24601 said:
The IME is the identifying number that is given to you when you do your medical and is on an information sheet that they give you to send with your application to the CIC. Just tell the panel physician you don't have one and haven't done a medical before. Even the UCI is optional, but you can go ahead and use her UCI since she already has one for your PR application and with the panel physician. Just tell the physician you don't have an IME and you do have a UCI.

Even if your calls to the CIC made it to an actual person, they're known to give incorrect advice sometimes.
Thank you for your reply!

I'll ask for clarification, if that's okay. If she has not done her medical before (she hasn't), she will not have an IME. There is no issue using her visitor record for her UCI for the PR application? The panel physician seemed concerned that there was a possibility of her having two UCI's floating around by accident -- apparently there have been such incidents, and they are to be avoided.

Moreover, is there any easy way to find out her UCI? I don't anticipate she has a copy of her visitor record on her person.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
ecclesiast said:
Thank you for your reply!

I'll ask for clarification, if that's okay. If she has not done her medical before (she hasn't), she will not have an IME. There is no issue using her visitor record for her UCI for the PR application? The panel physician seemed concerned that there was a possibility of her having two UCI's floating around by accident -- apparently there have been such incidents, and they are to be avoided.

Moreover, is there any easy way to find out her UCI? I don't anticipate she has a copy of her visitor record on her person.
Using her original UCI for her medical and her PR application (as long as you make sure to use it on everything) will prevent there from being two UCIs. There is no issue with this. I've also heard that if someone has a UCI already, but doesn't know it and doesn't use it with the PR application, that the CIC will use the UCI they already have on their application. Either way, I doubt this will be an issue.

I don't think there's any way to find out that UCI without the physical VR.

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
Decoy24601 said:
Using her original UCI for her medical and her PR application (as long as you make sure to use it on everything) will prevent there from being two UCIs. There is no issue with this. I've also heard that if someone has a UCI already, but doesn't know it and doesn't use it with the PR application, that the CIC will use the UCI they already have on their application. Either way, I doubt this will be an issue.

I don't think there's any way to find out that UCI without the physical VR.
Thank you for your help. We will try and identify her UCI number so it can be used for this PR application. Her VR was confiscated at the border on her exit date (once it expired) -- which I think is procedure, so we don't have access to that.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
ecclesiast said:
Thank you for your help. We will try and identify her UCI number so it can be used for this PR application. Her VR was confiscated at the border on her exit date (once it expired) -- which I think is procedure, so we don't have access to that.
Also, since it was only VR (and not anything like a study permit, work permit, etc) I don't think it will be an issue even if you can't find her old UCI.

No problem ;D.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce us. I'm an American citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We've been living in the US for the past 7 years with our daughter, who is my biological daughter and who my husband adopted. Applying outbound and my husband is going to go to Canada at some point to establish roots again.

Our timeline so far:

App received: Mar 15
AOR 1: Apr 8
SA: Apr 21
VO: Ottawa

We actually never received the email for SA nor was it in eCAS. Husband called to find out that he'd been approved days ago. Go figure! Anyway, nice to meet you all!

ecclesiast

Apr 25, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18th
AOR Received.
August 12th
File Transfer...
September 2nd
Med's Done....
October 9th
Welcome, ktorva! Hope you get a clear result soon!

I have another question. My wife is currently trying to get notarized photocopies of her passport/birth certificate -- she says the lady that is helping her is giving her certificates of authenticity, but they are not on the supporting document, they are (the certificates) their own documents. Is this okay? Is there a guideline for how to notarize your documents just the way CIC likes it?

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Got CoPR yesterday! ;D

I'll definitely still be lurking around this forum and replying to everyone even after I land!

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
After almost 2 months of CIC losing our photos, my husband landed in Halifax yesterday. :D It feels almost surreal to be finished with this process. We celebrated by getting his PEI drivers license and buying a car!

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Got my first email from Ottawa today! They're asking immediately for my FBI clearance and giving me 90 days to produce it. I'm not worried, I sent mine fingerprints to the FBI in the first week of March. I am pretty sure I'll have it back in time.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ecclesiast said:
Welcome, ktorva! Hope you get a clear result soon!

I have another question. My wife is currently trying to get notarized photocopies of her passport/birth certificate -- she says the lady that is helping her is giving her certificates of authenticity, but they are not on the supporting document, they are (the certificates) their own documents. Is this okay? Is there a guideline for how to notarize your documents just the way CIC likes it?
If she's American why is her passport/birth certificate in another language? You don't' need notarized copies if they are in English. You can just scan them yourself.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
I just have a couple of questions about eCAS updates.

Right not eCAS shows "In process" for the sponsorship application and "Application received" for the PR application.

My husband never got an eMail for SA, but when he called on Tuesday they said it'd been approved on the 21st of April.

I got an email from Ottawa yesterday asking for my FBI clearance.

My questions are - is it normal for this stuff not to show up in eCAS and 2. Do they usually ask for the FBI clearance that fast? I thought they didn't do that until they were looking at/processing the file.

Thanks!

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I'm a PR holder living in Canada. My wife is a U.S citizen living in New York. We got married in January this year.
I'm gathering documents for a outland spouse sponsorship.
My wife is now pregnant and due around October. She is having her medical next week. I know we can't do xrays till after delivery but hoping we can get a report to hand in with the application. If all goes well, we will apply end of next week.
the FBI criminal check certificate(applied in January) hasn't come through.
Should we wait for the FBI certificate before applying?

And where do we indicate the baby status?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
zubairzi said:
Who does the CoPR go to? The sponsor or the applicant?
The applicant gets it and it will arrive in postal mail. You will not have to go to post office to pick it up it will just be with your other mail.