Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
jwnmm said:
Hi everyone! My husband just received SA this afternoon and my portion has now been forwarded to Ottawa. I was wondering the general timeline I could expect as a US outland applicant? Of course, assuming there are no delays, etc.
It's been going fast lately, so 4 - 6 months total.

Brewbrew85

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-MAY-2015
Doc's Request.
23-NOV-2015
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2015 SA: 28-JUL-2015 eCAs changed to IP: 06-AUG-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 11-JAN-2016
I have a question about landing that I hope someone can answer. My husband is landing here in Ontario in a few days. He doesn't have a car, but he's driving WITH his mother and father who will be visiting for 10 days and driving the car back to the US. Will he have problems at the border? It is not his car, it's his grandmothers car and he plans to buy a car when he gets here..

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Brewbrew85 said:
I have a question about landing that I hope someone can answer. My husband is landing here in Ontario in a few days. He doesn't have a car, but he's driving WITH his mother and father who will be visiting for 10 days and driving the car back to the US. Will he have problems at the border? It is not his car, it's his grandmothers car and he plans to buy a car when he gets here..
No, there is no issue, just make sure the border agent at the booth is clear they are visiting and he is landing. they will be sent into secondary where his parent will need to sit and wait while he processes his landing. it's a very easy process, and depending on how long the line is, it will take 10-15 mintues to land, and if he has b4 forms, that will be additional time - again dependant on the wait.

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
Still waiting on Ottawa to send our COPR.. DM Feb 29th, photo request March 10th, they confirmed they have everything needed a few days ago via e-mail. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

sherri_TX_AB

Oct 6, 2015
Hi guys, just checked my information last Thursday, and we received decision made! Waiting on the letter now. Just to repost on my timeline:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on September 21, 2015.
We started processing your application on November 30, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sherri_TX_AB said:
Hi guys, just checked my information last Thursday, and we received decision made! Waiting on the letter now. Just to repost on my timeline:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on September 21, 2015.
We started processing your application on November 30, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
Congrats!

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
iiiEllie said:
Still waiting on Ottawa to send our COPR.. DM Feb 29th, photo request March 10th, they confirmed they have everything needed a few days ago via e-mail. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.
Seriously? That's insane!

I wonder if I'll still get the new photo request?

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
carr1 said:
Seriously? That's insane!

I wonder if I'll still get the new photo request?
I hope not! We have both done more than enough waiting.
Hoping ours gets sent sometime soon..this has turned into such a headache with the photo requests. Haha

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
iiiEllie said:
I hope not! We have both done more than enough waiting.
Hoping ours gets sent sometime soon..this has turned into such a headache with the photo requests. Haha
No kidding!!

I had emailed Ottawa last week, before I got DM, to ask what's taking so long and today I got a response....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application has been finalized and your COPRs were sent to you by regular mail on 2016/04/05 to this address:

XXXXXXX
ON CANADA

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Regards,

GS15789
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

So hopefully I get the COPR soon! I hope you get yours sooner as you've been waiting way too long!! Good luck!

CehNehDeh

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
March 1-additional medical test
Nomination.....
SA: 13-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
File Transfer...
06-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-05-2016
Advice please :))

I am sponsoring my husband Outland and we both live in the US. Just filed last week so we are waiting for SA.

I'm sure this has been asked but it's hard to find a solid answer...we have two children (Canadian citizens) and I would like to at least go ahead and move back to Canada in August with the kids so I can get them settled and registered for school so they can start the school year from the first day...already so many changes for them that I want to make it as easy as possible for them!

Is it feasible that they would let my husband cross the border with us if he has proof that he will return to the US to wait for his PR? Would it better if he flew up there separate from me and my kids and I cross border with all our stuff alone? I realize that rolling up to the border with him and a moving van and the kids may raise red flags as to whether or not he is really going to go back to he US after he helps us move!

If anyone has any insight or knows anyone who may have been in the same situation. It would be much appreciated! The logistics of all this are really stressing me out!!!

**Stephanie**

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: Advice please :))

CehNehDeh said:
I am sponsoring my husband Outland and we both live in the US. Just filed last week so we are waiting for SA.

I'm sure this has been asked but it's hard to find a solid answer...we have two children (Canadian citizens) and I would like to at least go ahead and move back to Canada in August with the kids so I can get them settled and registered for school so they can start the school year from the first day...already so many changes for them that I want to make it as easy as possible for them!

Is it feasible that they would let my husband cross the border with us if he has proof that he will return to the US to wait for his PR? Would it better if he flew up there separate from me and my kids and I cross border with all our stuff alone? I realize that rolling up to the border with him and a moving van and the kids may raise red flags as to whether or not he is really going to go back to he US after he helps us move!

If anyone has any insight or knows anyone who may have been in the same situation. It would be much appreciated! The logistics of all this are really stressing me out!!!

**Stephanie**
it's really not going to matter either way. whatever you are most confortable with. if he decides to come up with you and the kids, then it's important to make sure you all use the right langauge at the border. he is only visiting until approved as pr. CBSA will not have a problem letting him in as long as he understands this fact. bringing a copy of the pr application, receipts for fees paid, copies of correspondence from CIC (sponsor approval letter), and proof of ties to the US will also help.

More than likely, based on what current US applicants are facing, there is a good chance he'll be approved by august and he'll be able to land when you go up.

CehNehDeh

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
March 1-additional medical test
Nomination.....
SA: 13-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
File Transfer...
06-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-05-2016
Re: Advice please :))

CDNPR2014 said:
it's really not going to matter either way. whatever you are most confortable with. if he decides to come up with you and the kids, then it's important to make sure you all use the right langauge at the border. he is only visiting until approved as pr. CBSA will not have a problem letting him in as long as he understands this fact. bringing a copy of the pr application, receipts for fees paid, copies of correspondence from CIC (sponsor approval letter), and proof of ties to the US will also help.

More than likely, based on what current US applicants are facing, there is a good chance he'll be approved by august and he'll be able to land when you go up.
Thank you for your input! Fingers crossed that he will get PR by then!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I plan on landing at Couttes with COPR in late May, probably the holiday weekend. My husband will be with me and I will have two cats in cages in the car. We are importing the car. My husband will stay in the car with the cats during landing/importing the car. Will this be a long process time wise? Will he be able to stay with the car/cats?
We don't have any choice on the date of landing as we are using vacation time to do so.
Thanks for your answers.
Btw, we found a local charity that will pack and remove all contents of our house under the supervision of our realtor after we leave. We will be donating all. Then the realtor will have maids clean and a carpet shampoo service come in. Then she will list the house for sale and we will close using electronic signatures.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Snowisland said:
I plan on landing at Couttes with COPR in late May, probably the holiday weekend. My husband will be with me and I will have two cats in cages in the car. We are importing the car. My husband will stay in the car with the cats during landing/importing the car. Will this be a long process time wise? Will he be able to stay with the car/cats?
We don't have any choice on the date of landing as we are using vacation time to do so.
Thanks for your answers.
The landing process itself is 10-15 min. how long it will take will depend on how many other people are waiting.

the car import process will probably take 20-30 minutes, depending on the wait. when i imported i had to wait for the only officer who does imports to come back from lunch, so it really depends on the timing and how prepared they are to do imports.

i don't see why it would be an issue for him to stay in the car, assuming they allow that at that border. at the border i go to, there is a parking lot that is monitored, so i'm sure if they are curious as to why he's hanging out there, they will ask.

kdubbs

Dec 9, 2015
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-12-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 26-03-2016
Does anyone have experience with bringing their leased vehicle to Canada? My lease is up at the end of the year but I'll be landing in May, so I still have half a year to use it. I'm not sure how it would work at the border crossing and what I would be telling them.

If anyone knows anything about it please let me know! Thanks.