29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
iiiEllie said:
I'm considering emailing my MP. We are sending new photos again on Monday because the ones signed for Feb 10th either got missed in the envelope or weren't accepted, the email they sent claimed they were still missing. - An email we got 11 days after DM.

The lack of communication is insane. They obviously got the package we sent because they had my husbands updated email and we corrected their spelling of his middle name. (Which has been updated on ecas)

The call center agent even told us that his copr was valid through august 28th. I am dreading how long sending more photos is going to delay our application and the copr finally being sent.
Crazy! It's unreal to me.
Same thing happened to us about them saying they don't have something. I sent my FBI report with a new copy of my passport with my name change, in the same envelope. ECAS was updated with my married name but then got the request for the FBI report. I cannot understand how things get so messed up internally at CIC. Makes you wonder what computer systems they use to hold all the data paperwork they receive.

Hopefully emailing your MP will help shed some light. We emailed ours today but I know it's a holiday weekend. So maybe when everyone's back to work on Tuesday we will hear something.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, I can't imagine how excited you were to see DM and thinking your COPR was close behind!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Our case sat from August 27, 2014 until May 2015...The reason I know it sat is because the only notes in the case notes were my requests for case notes...In May2015 I emailed the Minister of Immigration...Did not hear a word from their office but we did here from CIC via the site and then first week of June with a letter dated 27MAY2015 requesting more meds...we had done Meds up front in March 2014...from then on it was contact every week until got the PR in hand on 23DEC2015...I personally do not have a problem with communicating with CIC via the site but I have a problem when the site says updates every quarter and not updated for 10 or 11 months or updated each Tuesday and three Tuesdays later the site is updated for one week...I am thinking the site may have been setup by the same people that set up the ACA site at the beginning...The heart ache and pain that we went through was insane....I know there are worse cases then ours but just coming to this site and seeing people getting approved after us knowing our application was sitting somewhere was disheartening...

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Sunset0505 said:
Our case sat from August 27, 2014 until May 2015...The reason I know it sat is because the only notes in the case notes were my requests for case notes...In May2015 I emailed the Minister of Immigration...Did not hear a word from their office but we did here from CIC via the site and then first week of June with a letter dated 27MAY2015 requesting more meds...we had done Meds up front in March 2014...from then on it was contact every week until got the PR in hand on 23DEC2015...I personally do not have a problem with communicating with CIC via the site but I have a problem when the site says updates every quarter and not updated for 10 or 11 months or updated each Tuesday and three Tuesdays later the site is updated for one week...I am thinking the site may have been setup by the same people that set up the ACA site at the beginning...The heart ache and pain that we went through was insane....I know there are worse cases then ours but just coming to this site and seeing people getting approved after us knowing our application was sitting somewhere was disheartening...
It's maddening isn't it?! I'm sorry you had to go through that.
I ordered notes last week, hopefully it will shed some light on why my app is just in limbo? I am starting case inquires or emails weekly to CIC copying our MP and McCallum soon. I just feel like there has to be a better more efficient way of processing apps and giving info to applicants. They have to know that most applicants watch these boards to help and cheer each other on in the fight, so we know that apps aren't processed in order or the same way.

subzero09

Mar 26, 2016
Hi everyone,

What is the policy on applying through the outland application process for a couple living in Canada - one spouse is a Canadian citizen and the other is a U.S. citizen? Legally, is it OK for the U.S. citizen spouse to be in Canada on a visitor visa during the outland application process?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
subzero09 said:
Hi everyone,

What is the policy on applying through the outland application process for a couple living in Canada - one spouse is a Canadian citizen and the other is a U.S. citizen? Legally, is it OK for the U.S. citizen spouse to be in Canada on a visitor visa during the outland application process?
I want to start by making a correction here. American citizens are visa exempt, so the American spouse would be there on visitor status, not a visa.

Secondly, it is allowed for the American spouse to be "visiting" Canada on visitor status during the application process. That person cannot work or study. It's important to convince CBSA that s/he is only visiting when entering the country.

Yes, you can apply outland while staying in Canada.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
unicornpants said:
I actually involved my MP on the advice of someone on here where it'd been over 120 days and we hadn't received SA. For the stages after that, I don't know if there is much they will do if you haven't exceeded the "normal processing times". I do agree that it is EXTREMELY frustrating to see so many cases moving forward and you can't get any reason(s) on why your own is taking so long. CIC has a serious issue with communicating/customer service.

I expect our time is going to be much longer than what appears to be the standard so we'll be sharing the pain. Hang in there!
You guys are making me feel better. I know I still am within a decent waiting time but it's really heartbreaking to see all of the US cases of my month and the month after get approved while I haven't even gotten a request for FBI yet. Sometimes I can't even go on this forum because it makes me so frustrated.

Canusa2016

Mar 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-06-2016
File Transfer...
SA approval 27-07-2016, started processing 29-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2016
Here is my situation: I am about to submit to sponsor my American husband. He is unemployed and lives on significant investments/savings. I'm a law student, so only employed in the summer months, but without debt thanks to family loans.

How should I explain my situation on "IMM 5481 Sponsorship Evaluation." I'll be employed May 2 to August 17 this year, but not the rest of the year, and my income for 2015 and 2014 taxes was listed as $1. Will this be a problem?

Also, should I include option-c for 2015 and 2014 in my application?

Thank you - any and all advice is hugely appreciated!!

fleuredeflorida

Jan 23, 2016
I have a question about the four photos that you have to send along with the application. Of all the pieces that have to be pulled together, this is seemingly the most simple but I am getting hung up on where exactly I need to get these done. Are these passport photos, essentially? Or do you have to go to an actual "commercial photographer" as it states in the checklist. And if I get them done somewhere that does passport photos, would the name of the "photography studio" just be the business that took the photos?

What did everyone else do?

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
fleuredeflorida said:
I have a question about the four photos that you have to send along with the application. Of all the pieces that have to be pulled together, this is seemingly the most simple but I am getting hung up on where exactly I need to get these done. Are these passport photos, essentially? Or do you have to go to an actual "commercial photographer" as it states in the checklist. And if I get them done somewhere that does passport photos, would the name of the "photography studio" just be the business that took the photos?

In the application guide it states the needed specifications for the photos

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
fleuredeflorida said:

Usually the "professional" photo places are cheaper than the big box passport photo kiosks. The big box stores have a set price per photo and getting more than the usual 2 can be pricey. You should be able to get them done anywhere that does passport photos though, as they just need to adjust their settings as per the photo specs (make sure you bring that with you).

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
fleuredeflorida said:

I went to Shoppers drug here in Canada. They have guides for all different photo specifications too, you just tell them what you need. I think it was almost $14 and they give you 8 photos. They stamp a few of the photos on the back with the date & place. If you are in the states you can go to Walgreens. It's any place that takes passport photos. I heard that Walmart was pretty pricey, which was surprising.

I hope this helps!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
iiiEllie said:
I'm considering emailing my MP. We are sending new photos again on Monday because the ones signed for Feb 10th either got missed in the envelope or weren't accepted, the email they sent claimed they were still missing. - An email we got 11 days after DM.

The lack of communication is insane. They obviously got the package we sent because they had my husbands updated email and we corrected their spelling of his middle name. (Which has been updated on ecas)

The call center agent even told us that his copr was valid through august 28th. I am dreading how long sending more photos is going to delay our application and the copr finally being sent.
We had a similar thing happen, it ended up taking over 4 months to get his PR card because they requested a passport scan then sent another letter a month later requesting the same scan because they didn't get the one we faxed. I ended up faxing them 4x and mailing the damn thing.

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
Aquakitty said:
We had a similar thing happen, it ended up taking over 4 months to get his PR card because they requested a passport scan then sent another letter a month later requesting the same scan because they didn't get the one we faxed. I ended up faxing them 4x and mailing the damn thing.
We sent new photos this morning. The call center can only tell us they still need them, so either the first ones failed (which I doubt) or they didn't bother looking in the envelope for them. I am just hoping this doesn't delay us months. Had to file a visitor extension this morning as well.