29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Aquakitty said:
Reading some of your posts it seems there were a few screwups on CIC's side with your docs, so that probably caused the delay. I'm betting you will hear something in the next month. You haven't had any real doc requests or anything, correct?
Only doc request was on February 16th asking for my FBI record which they had. I instantly emailed them back with a copy of the FBI record and UPS tracking proof they received it. On March 2nd they responded to my email stating they had my FBI request and if they needed more info they would let me know.
I know others have waited longer but lately it seems Ottawa is processing quickly except a few that seem to be lost in the shuffle. In the beginning I hardly looked at ECAS and wasn't in a rush as I knew it would be a long time but now I'm getting concerned as my medical expires in May and my old company would like to hire me back letting me telecommute from Canada. I don't really want to miss the opportunity. I feel my current job is checking ECAS and that doesn't pay well :p

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
carr1 said:
Only doc request was on February 16th asking for my FBI record which they had. I instantly emailed them back with a copy of the FBI record and UPS tracking proof they received it. On March 2nd they responded to my email stating they had my FBI request and if they needed more info they would let me know.
I know others have waited longer but lately it seems Ottawa is processing quickly except a few that seem to be lost in the shuffle. In the beginning I hardly looked at ECAS and wasn't in a rush as I knew it would be a long time but now I'm getting concerned as my medical expires in May and my old company would like to hire me back letting me telecommute from Canada. I don't really want to miss the opportunity. I feel my current job is checking ECAS and that doesn't pay well :p
I know your feeling right about now.
We got DM Feb 29th, 2.5 weeks after a photo request and us overnighting the photos to them. Update March 11th that a letter has been sent to us. Nothing yet. So we called today and were told nothing has been sent, the last update is them requesting photos on March 10th.. MARCH 10th, after we got DM..

unicornpants

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
8-12-2015
File Transfer...
24-2-2016
Med's Request
Done up front
Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
carr1 said:
Questions for others....at what point if any did you involve your MP? I'm frustrated (as I know others are too) with the process. I know the times can be up to 17 months but watching other US applicants be approved in 4 months or less and I'm moving into month 8 is frustrating. I'm so happy for all approved but the fact that CIC doesn't process apps in order, and leave some of us hanging for months is crazy. Even applying for notes takes 30 days?
The whole fact that you are so out of the loop through the whole process is maddening.

Sorry, I'm just venting and unsure if we should involve the MP or not. I'm just ready to be working here and be part of society paying taxes.
I actually involved my MP on the advice of someone on here where it'd been over 120 days and we hadn't received SA. For the stages after that, I don't know if there is much they will do if you haven't exceeded the "normal processing times". I do agree that it is EXTREMELY frustrating to see so many cases moving forward and you can't get any reason(s) on why your own is taking so long. CIC has a serious issue with communicating/customer service.

I expect our time is going to be much longer than what appears to be the standard so we'll be sharing the pain. Hang in there!

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
iiiEllie said:
I know your feeling right about now.
We got DM Feb 29th, 2.5 weeks after a photo request and us overnighting the photos to them. Update March 11th that a letter has been sent to us. Nothing yet. So we called today and were told nothing has been sent, the last update is them requesting photos on March 10th.. MARCH 10th, after we got DM..
Unreal! This is the frustrating part; no communication and the call center you can call 10 times and get 10 different answers!
I'm sorry and feel for you, I hope you get COPR soon!

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
unicornpants said:
I actually involved my MP on the advice of someone on here where it'd been over 120 days and we hadn't received SA. For the stages after that, I don't know if there is much they will do if you haven't exceeded the "normal processing times". I do agree that it is EXTREMELY frustrating to see so many cases moving forward and you can't get any reason(s) on why your own is taking so long. CIC has a serious issue with communicating/customer service.

I expect our time is going to be much longer than what appears to be the standard so we'll be sharing the pain. Hang in there!
Did the MP help? We were delayed on SA too, I think ours was on day 76. It's just strange how some apps fly through the process and others are in the slow lane?
I received a request for my FBI check which they already had but someone in Mississauga marked it as a state police check. Then I see other US applicants get DM without even submitting the FBI check but just a letter stating its been applied for.
Again I'm so happy for everyone when the get DM but I'm also an activist and am so frustrated in the inconsistencies in how they process apps. Also the lack of communication is awful, even when you apply for a visitor extension you get emails every so often letting you know your app is being processed.
We emailed John McCallum, probably useless but I needed to voice my concerns :) the new budget wants to help with up to 305,000 new immigrants this year they need to streamline the process and cut the times. I know many people that have decided not to try to immigrate to Canada and go with their spouses country as timelines are way less.
Sorry I know I'm ranting, excuse me!!

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
If they want to appease people, they would make ecas much more useful. I mean how difficult would it to be, to have a system where you log on and it will say what stage your application is really at. For example, like in the GCMS notes, have eligibility, security, medical etc. and then when then applicant passes each point just update it to 'completed' or whatever. That way people at least know what is happening with their application, what part the VO is working on.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I can say they are at least looking at improving the system, as I received a long survey from CIC a couple weeks ago. I mentioned a lot of these issues in it, hopefully others are too.

carr1 said:
...Then I see other US applicants get DM without even submitting the FBI check but just a letter stating its been applied for. ...

Really?? Where did you see that? If that is really the case, that's a pretty big FU on CIC's part.

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
canadausa#11 said:
If they want to appease people, they would make ecas much more useful. I mean how difficult would it to be, to have a system where you log on and it will say what stage your application is really at. For example, like in the GCMS notes, have eligibility, security, medical etc. and then when then applicant passes each point just update it to 'completed' or whatever. That way people at least know what is happening with their application, what part the VO is working on.
Exactly!!

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Aquakitty said:
Really?? Where did you see that? If that is really the case, that's a pretty big FU on CIC's part.
People on the September Outland thread, a huge FU from CIC if they are telling the truth.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
WOW I think I found it... she/he didn't even send proof of the FBI check before they got DM!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2015-outland-spousal-applicants-t347599.0.html;msg5013174#msg5013174

Gypsysoul said:
Ummmmm so did we ( decision made) but i havent sent in my FBI proof yet. Whats going on???? Im nervous!
Ok now i really need that address to send my fbi application proof!!!
Ok just got off the phone with CIC. Sent attachement via email. Very happy and hoping for more good news soon! Recieved DM. Wonder what happens next?
Recieved email reply. Copr in the mail!!!
Ps email reply took 48 hours.

Applied sept 3, 2015 from US.
DM last week lol
Did not send FBI just proof of applying via email

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
ja7toronto said:
Thank you everyone!! This forum has been so helpful that it made the process so much easier.
We applied on September 9th. We were worried that our application was delayed because CIC requested an FBI Background check and we only provided a police background check from Chicago. However, they emailed us and told us it wouldn't negatively affect the process.

Here was our timeline:

Sept 9 - Application Received
Nov 19th - Started Processing
Feb 2 - Documents requested (FBI and Updated Passport)
Feb 16 - Decision Made
Feb 19 - COPR

So we are super excited. My wife is going to make the official move to Canada in May.

I wish you guys all success and I hope to see more DM's !!!!
Or this one, plus I think there was 1 or 2 more. Just makes me shake my head about CIC.

unicornpants

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
8-12-2015
File Transfer...
24-2-2016
Med's Request
Done up front
Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
carr1 said:
Did the MP help? We were delayed on SA too, I think ours was on day 76. It's just strange how some apps fly through the process and others are in the slow lane?
I received a request for my FBI check which they already had but someone in Mississauga marked it as a state police check. Then I see other US applicants get DM without even submitting the FBI check but just a letter stating its been applied for.
Again I'm so happy for everyone when the get DM but I'm also an activist and am so frustrated in the inconsistencies in how they process apps. Also the lack of communication is awful, even when you apply for a visitor extension you get emails every so often letting you know your app is being processed.
We emailed John McCallum, probably useless but I needed to voice my concerns :) the new budget wants to help with up to 305,000 new immigrants this year they need to streamline the process and cut the times. I know many people that have decided not to try to immigrate to Canada and go with their spouses country as timelines are way less.
Sorry I know I'm ranting, excuse me!!
They actually did help which I was quite surprised by.

As for changes in immigration, I'll believe it when I see it. It's just like any other political party where they make promises but don't always follow through. And in this case if they do follow-through likely none of us will see it because that's going to take time.

Arecbee

Mar 22, 2016
I got DM this morning.

Question: how long does it take to get their snail mail correspondence? (I live on the west coast)

Bonus question: if you get denied does it still say DM? And then you wait and get denied via their snail mail?

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
unicornpants said:
They actually did help which I was quite surprised by.

As for changes in immigration, I'll believe it when I see it. It's just like any other political party where they make promises but don't always follow through. And in this case if they do follow-through likely none of us will see it because that's going to take time.
Thanks! We are going to forward the email we sent to John McCallum to our local MP also.

I'm sure immigration reform will take a long time but examples like this may help in the fight. Now that December applicants are getting approval I'm starting think my app is lost in some pile somewhere :)

I just would like future applicants to not have to go through what others have had too. Long processing times and no communication. I can only imagine what it is like for the spouses that have to stay in their own country and wait for COPR. Keeping families apart for such long times is ridiculous.

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
I'm considering emailing my MP. We are sending new photos again on Monday because the ones signed for Feb 10th either got missed in the envelope or weren't accepted, the email they sent claimed they were still missing. - An email we got 11 days after DM.

The lack of communication is insane. They obviously got the package we sent because they had my husbands updated email and we corrected their spelling of his middle name. (Which has been updated on ecas)

The call center agent even told us that his copr was valid through august 28th. I am dreading how long sending more photos is going to delay our application and the copr finally being sent.