Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
How long does it take after the medical passes until they check security and criminality? It's taking so long!!!! Sigh....

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
It says on this on the broker's website:

"Note: Vehicles for export may not be brought to Canada or be in Canada prior to being formally exported by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Failure to comply with the requirements set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations (19 CFR 192.2) may result in a penalty action."

Once you fax or mail them the title and the ITN, you've expressed your intention to export, therefore, you cannot have the car in Canada again until the exportation process is complete. Several people in the forum have already tried to export without leaving their cars for 72 hours in the US and have been turned away.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Panamai said:
It says on this on the broker's website:

"Note: Vehicles for export may not be brought to Canada or be in Canada prior to being formally exported by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Failure to comply with the requirements set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations (19 CFR 192.2) may result in a penalty action."

Once you fax or mail them the title and the ITN, you've expressed your intention to export, therefore, you cannot have the car in Canada again until the exportation process is complete. Several people in the forum have already tried to export without leaving their cars for 72 hours in the US and have been turned away.
Yeah, I was turned away, and really can't wait any longer so I just left it in Buffalo Friday night. Seriously praying it will still be there when I go to pick it up again haha

Dave4236

Aug 8, 2015
ktorva said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum.
My husband is Canadian and I am a US Citizen. We have been married since 2009 and living in the US. We are looking at immigration to Canada and I'm wondering if those processing times are really accurate? It looks like a lot of people are getting processed in much less time than the CIC website says for Ottawa (it says 17 months with dependent children). I am also eager to start looking for work up there and wondering when I should do that and if a company would be willing or able to hire me without having the process completed (with a temporary work visa maybe?). The deal is that we need to get out of where we are living as soon as we are able. I appreciate any tips or insight you might have - conventional or otherwise :D
The timing is never the same from what I have been reading. The 17 months is after a 2 month Spouse Approval time. The times are also when 80% of the cases are done if you read the fine print on the CIC page. From what I have been following here, the more typical time if there is no glitch, is 8 to 10 months on a US sponsored spouse and family. There has been some evidence of a shorter time during the summer for some. There is no good rhyme or reason on some of the timing. Cases are batched and some batches move quicker than others.

Read through the forum older posts to look at some of the glitches that can happen. Many you can have some control over by getting the forms right when submitted. The forums here will again help. The glitches can cause anything from weeks to months to even years of delay. So doing things carefully upfront will have big payback in speed.

I have not seen anything about this, but my gut feeling is that time will get stretched out for probably everything over the next half year. It sounds like with the 25,000 Syrian refugees by Xmas that there will be an "all hands on deck" on the government handling of this. You can be sure that CIC will have front row deck chairs for this so they will be a bit distracted from everything else.

The key thing with the timing is patience.

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 19-08-2015
This is probably the last post I'll ever have to do!

I officially landed on Friday and it was super easy but so is our case so I wasn't expecting to have any issues. Got my SIN number that afternoon and I'm now working. It was by far the most stressful process I've ever been through but so worth it. Ironically our 1year anniversary is in a few days, so we'll have lots to celebrate. I hope everyone else sees progress soon and can say goodbye to this forum haha. Hopefully i can meet some people at the Calgary meet up this month. It'd be great to talk with people who went through the same thing.

Application Received: January 26, 2015
FBI check was sent in March. Forgot to actual date, but we didn't send it up front in January.
Spousal Approval: March 23, 2015
In Process: August 19, 2015
Decision Made: October 24,2015
COPR Received at my US address November 2, 2015
Overnighted to Calgary address
Landed November 6, 2015

Brewbrew85

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-MAY-2015
Doc's Request.
23-NOV-2015
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2015 SA: 28-JUL-2015 eCAs changed to IP: 06-AUG-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 11-JAN-2016
Dave4236 said:
The timing is never the same from what I have been reading. The 17 months is after a 2 month Spouse Approval time. The times are also when 80% of the cases are done if you read the fine print on the CIC page. From what I have been following here, the more typical time if there is no glitch, is 8 to 10 months on a US sponsored spouse and family. There has been some evidence of a shorter time during the summer for some. There is no good rhyme or reason on some of the timing. Cases are batched and some batches move quicker than others.

Read through the forum older posts to look at some of the glitches that can happen. Many you can have some control over by getting the forms right when submitted. The forums here will again help. The glitches can cause anything from weeks to months to even years of delay. So doing things carefully upfront will have big payback in speed.

I have not seen anything about this, but my gut feeling is that time will get stretched out for probably everything over the next half year. It sounds like with the 25,000 Syrian refugees by Xmas that there will be an "all hands on deck" on the government handling of this. You can be sure that CIC will have front row deck chairs for this so they will be a bit distracted from everything else.

The key thing with the timing is patience.
Ive been wondering too about how the 25,000 refugees will affect our applications. Although my husband is telling me not to worry as he says this shouldn't affect it as they will probably have specific people working on those refugee applications. Who knows though. Only time will tell. At least I live close enough to my husband where he can visit me every few weeks if only for a couple of days at a time..

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
The CIC website has a statement today about the processing of the 25,000 refugees. It appears it will not take away resources from other immigration cases. I do wish the refugees to be safe and feel a bit guilty for hoping it doesn't delay all of us.

Brewbrew85

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-MAY-2015
Doc's Request.
23-NOV-2015
AOR Received.
16-JUL-2015 SA: 28-JUL-2015 eCAs changed to IP: 06-AUG-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 11-JAN-2016
Snowisland said:
The CIC website has a statement today about the processing of the 25,000 refugees. It appears it will not take away resources from other immigration cases. I do wish the refugees to be safe and feel a bit guilty for hoping it doesn't delay all of us.
Do you have a link for that statement as I cannot find it. Thanks :)

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rugrat907 said:
Good luck with the case specific email inqury - if you get a response, I'd love to know about it. I am in a somewhat similar situation, with my medicals set to expire next month. So I sent an email asking about that (and also letting them know that I can land in a hurry if needed) and never heard a word back.

Until they ask for new medicals, I'm not doing them...$400 last time and if I don't need to spend the money, I'm not going to. The doctor where I am is really quick and I know I can get an appointment on a couple of days notice.
To keep you updated.
After booking for medical just in case, we haven't heard anything from cic case specific inquiry.
Today was last cancellation date for Thursday exam, and we received GCMS note today saying medicals "Passed", so we'll NOT pursue another medical.
eCAS says "medicals received" and GCMS notes shows 2 separate verifications for passed medical, so I think they'll either extend it or ask us again later. E-Medicals take less than a week, so saving $4-500 would be a better idea for most people.

I did receive a specific additional information request email asking for new address for my spouse, proof of residency, and copy of Option C for 2014 (we only included from 2011-2013) I had NOA amendment going on right now due to CRA audit :mad: , but left it out for now to just avoid any confusion.

Crossing the border was another hassle and a drama itself, but I'll post that in another posting.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Caribou said:
To keep you updated.
After booking for medical just in case, we haven't heard anything from cic case specific inquiry.
Today was last cancellation date for Thursday exam, and we received GCMS note today saying medicals "Passed", so we'll NOT pursue another medical.
eCAS says "medicals received" and GCMS notes shows 2 separate verifications for passed medical, so I think they'll either extend it or ask us again later. E-Medicals take less than a week, so saving $4-500 would be a better idea for most people.

I did receive a specific additional information request email asking for new address for my spouse, proof of residency, and copy of Option C for 2014 (we only included from 2011-2013) I had NOA amendment going on right now due to CRA audit :mad: , but left it out for now to just avoid any confusion.

Crossing the border was another hassle and a drama itself, but I'll post that in another posting.
Thanks for the update. I never heard anything from my case specific inquiry either and haven't received any requests for a new medical, so I'm thinking I'm good.

I do regret not ordering an additional set of notes when I got the last batch in late September - I think I'd know a lot more about my case if I did since the last set was from the time period before I went In Process. I figured I might be done before they showed up, so I didn't order them. And now it really feels like they'd show up after we're done since I'm approaching two months of being IP.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Brewbrew85 said:
Do you have a link for that statement as I cannot find it. Thanks :)
I received it in my email from News-Nouvelles@cic.gc.ca

sobia

Sep 24, 2014
Hello

we received email asking to send my husband passport.
wanted to know how soon after sending does CIC send back with the PR Visa?we have send it through fedex express Prepaid

Thank you

nmclean

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
28-06-2016
king_rupert said:
Not sure if you went through with this already or not. But the 72 hours line is not true.

They need to have your paperwork (VIN and Export number) for 72 hours before you want to go through the border. Same thing happened to me and after chatting with the officer on the way out he said I didn't need to actually wait and that I could have just emailed the paperwork to their border office ahead of time...
The 72-hour line is true. The rule is that the vehicle can't enter Canada. When the officer told you you don't have to "wait", he probably meant that you don't need to stay in the US or leave the car at the border, but the car itself does need to be somewhere in the US at the time the papers are submitted and cannot cross in the meantime. It's fine for Canadians buying cars from the US or Americans moving for the first time, but it screws people who are already living in Canada with a not-yet-imported American car as their primary vehicle.

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
sobia said:
Hello

we received email asking to send my husband passport.
wanted to know how soon after sending does CIC send back with the PR Visa?we have send it through fedex express Prepaid

Thank you

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads - it leaves too much work for others that may have not caught your double posts.

(Your question was answered in another thread, please check there.)

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
nmclean said:
The 72-hour line is true. The rule is that the vehicle can't enter Canada. When the officer told you you don't have to "wait", he probably meant that you don't need to stay in the US or leave the car at the border, but the car itself does need to be somewhere in the US at the time the papers are submitted and cannot cross in the meantime. It's fine for Canadians buying cars from the US or Americans moving for the first time, but it screws people who are already living in Canada with a not-yet-imported American car as their primary vehicle.
I left it over the border this time for the 72 hours and it worked out fine on my second try :p Got the paperwork done, now just waiting for the RIV people to get back to me with instructions to take it in for a federal inspection.