02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
computergeek said:
Have you ordered case notes? If not, I'd suggest doing so, because it will at least tell you what they have (and have not) done on your file.

Though if you've been in process six months, you're one of the unfortunate ones who got caught in the Buffalo to Ottawa shuffle.
When did the Buffalo closure happen exactly? The only news I ever received was my RPRF which came from Ottawa. I don't know if my file ever went to Buffalo or if it went straight to Ottawa or is that even possible?

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Buffalo closed sometime in June, how long ago did you get your RPRF request? I received mine also from Ottawa Sept 14th, got PPR from LA Oct 9th just 25 days later, I expected it to be months from the way everyone says it delays things.... Where did your sponsorship approval letter say your VO was? My husband was approved to sponsor me July 23rd and the letter said my VO was Ottawa... if your letter says Buffalo then it is safe to assume that it went to Buffalo first and then was transferred to Ottawa. Good Luck!

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Creampop said:
Buffalo closed sometime in June, how long ago did you get your RPRF request? I received mine also from Ottawa Sept 14th, got PPR from LA Oct 9th just 25 days later, I expected it to be months from the way everyone says it delays things.... Where did your sponsorship approval letter say your VO was? My husband was approved to sponsor me July 23rd and the letter said my VO was Ottawa... if your letter says Buffalo then it is safe to assume that it went to Buffalo first and then was transferred to Ottawa. Good Luck!
You're right, it's in the sponsorship letter. And it only mentions the LA office. However, when I received the RPRF it came from Ottawa. Sponsorship was approved May 30th, no transfer of file mentioned, just the RPRF from Ottawa on August 21, 2012. I'm hoping, like the rest of Marchers, that it's done by the end of this month. However, a lot of Feb people still haven't received anything, but then someone like yourself from late April has, so it's impossible to really tell. Thanks for answering my question and good luck the rest of the way yourself :)

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Have you ordered case notes? If not, I'd suggest doing so, because it will at least tell you what they have (and have not) done on your file.

Though if you've been in process six months, you're one of the unfortunate ones who got caught in the Buffalo to Ottawa shuffle.
Yeah, I received my notes but they don't tell much. They still haven't started my sercurity checks. I wish my file was transferred to another visa consulate, not Buffalo!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:
When did the Buffalo closure happen exactly? The only news I ever received was my RPRF which came from Ottawa. I don't know if my file ever went to Buffalo or if it went straight to Ottawa or is that even possible?
Buffalo closure was announced at the end of May and apparently was completed within 90 days. Your time line is such that your file probably never went to Buffalo.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
I emailed CPP-Ottawa yesterday for an update on my file not expecting to receive anything in return. I woke up this morning to this message:

"Thank you for your email, please be informed that the application should be finalized in the near future, please send a copy of your spouse's passport, as per following instructions.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:
Ø
Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:
You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

It looks as though my file stayed in Ottawa the entire time and they've made it clear they only want scanned or copied images of the passport. Thank you guys for everything so far and I'll keep everyone updated on the timeline!

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
santoki said:
I emailed CPP-Ottawa yesterday for an update on my file not expecting to receive anything in return. I woke up this morning to this message:

"Thank you for your email, please be informed that the application should be finalized in the near future, please send a copy of your spouse's passport, as per following instructions.
Hey! Exciting! Congratulations!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:

Woot! Congratulations!

Interesting that CPP-O is now finalizing applications directly.

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
santoki said:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:
Ø
Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:
You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

It looks as though my file stayed in Ottawa the entire time and they've made it clear they only want scanned or copied images of the passport. Thank you guys for everything so far and I'll keep everyone updated on the timeline!
Hey, I got that too. Is that the PPR email?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Rose2D2 said:
Hey, I got that too. Is that the PPR email?
Yes, that's the PPR e-mail.

Congratulations!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
computergeek said:
Interesting that CPP-O is now finalizing applications directly.
Yea and of course they start doing it one week after my PPR.... see told ya bout my luck LOL least I know my PP is sitting in LA waiting to be issued Good Luck to all who are left waiting!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Creampop said:
Yea and of course they start doing it one week after my PPR.... see told ya bout my luck LOL least I know my PP is sitting in LA waiting to be issued Good Luck to all who are left waiting!
thanks
i really need it
saw one person getting the email for ppr for the same date i applied on...
hopefully i can get that email soon

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
computergeek said:
Yes, that's the PPR e-mail.

Congratulations!
Now I feel a little bad for how many bad thoughts I've had about Ottawa. They certainly seem to be rocking and rolling now!

The inconsistency of the PPR requests is weird to me. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think I've read before about others having to send a copy of all pages in their passport, even blank ones, and even additional photos, and of course, the US citizens who have had to send in their original passport. Mine was just a one page fax of the info page of my passport (I have no additional notations in my passport: it's naked!).

What's also weird is that they requested my FBI report two weeks ago. Here's the story: I mailed in a channeler copy with my original app. After reading on the forum here, I decided shortly after mailing in my app that I would get the FBI original and have it just in case they requested it. I sat on it though, and decided to send it in during the summer (not knowing about the 3 month thing). They received it in Ottawa on September 21st. I got the email from them on October 4th asking for an FBI cert. Apparently between them sending that email, and me getting the PPR today, they found and attached my FBI cert to my app (So no worries scottandlisag!). When I got the PPR email today, I immediately got pissed because I thought it was them asking for more documents that I knew they already had (I knew this from my atips request, because I sent in a copy of my passport along with the fbi cert). And then I saw on the forum today that it's actually the PPR...oops.

Also, it's confirmed from an email from Ottawa, sent back to me within 5 minutes of me emailing them (wtf?), that my FBi cert that I sent over the summer was attached to my app.

MORAL OF THE STORY: DON'T USE CHANNELERS. IT'S A PAIN IN THE BUTT.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
santoki said:
Congrats!!
So what all did you put in your email to CPP-Ottawa and what address did you send it to? I can't call from the USA and I'm getting to the point that I just want to know for sure that our file is in Ottawa still or if we are going to Seattle like we requested. Thanks

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
mameelynn said:
Congrats!!
So what all did you put in your email to CPP-Ottawa and what address did you send it to? I can't call from the USA and I'm getting to the point that I just want to know for sure that our file is in Ottawa still or if we are going to Seattle like we requested. Thanks
I just sent it to ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca and wrote a short and simple email asking for any updates on my file. No long winded stories, just a short, personal and professional plea.