Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Good news for me, and possibly all of you!

So another member here said that they emailed Ottawa asking for status of their case. I did the same thing, and received the following email back within ~6 hours:

Dear ANDREW PHILLIP STONE:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø Please provide an ORIGINAL FBI clearance certificate for yourself. The clearance you have submitted appears to be a photocopy and was not issued by the relevant authorities. Please note that electronic criminal reports on line are not sufficient. You must provide an ORIGINAL FBI .

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:

You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).

DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:

· Have you married or divorced?

· Have you given birth or adopted a child?

· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)
If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Case Officer

So, I am assuming this is PPR?? I also used a channeller, which sucks, because now I have to wait a few weeks to get those. But I had no updates from ECAS, and nothing emailed. NO CONTACT until I emailed them. Now, it looks as if everything is good to go, as soon as I get the police cert.

I advise anyone who is going through Ottawa to email them and ask for an update on the status of their case. You just might get a PPR...

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
apstone said:
Good news for me, and possibly all of you!

So another member here said that they emailed Ottawa asking for status of their case. I did the same thing, and received the following email back within ~6 hours:

Dear ANDREW PHILLIP STONE:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø Please provide an ORIGINAL FBI clearance certificate for yourself. The clearance you have submitted appears to be a photocopy and was not issued by the relevant authorities. Please note that electronic criminal reports on line are not sufficient. You must provide an ORIGINAL FBI .

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:

You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).

DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:

· Have you married or divorced?

· Have you given birth or adopted a child?

· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)
If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Case Officer

So, I am assuming this is PPR?? I also used a channeller, which sucks, because now I have to wait a few weeks to get those. But I had no updates from ECAS, and nothing emailed. NO CONTACT until I emailed them. Now, it looks as if everything is good to go, as soon as I get the police cert.

I advise anyone who is going through Ottawa to email them and ask for an update on the status of their case. You just might get a PPR...
congrats on your PPR

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
apstone said:

Congratulations! Yes, it seems that once they have your FBI and your passport copies, you'll be getting your PPR. Hope you'll be landing by the new year. :D

URIFiggy

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Ottawa > LA for finalization
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012 for Stage 1; 07-09-2012 for Stage 2; 10-01-13 for Decision Made
File Transfer...
02-08-2012 to Ottawa; 07-09-2012 to LA
Med's Done....
31-03-2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt; CPR issued 08-01-2013
LANDED..........
18-03-2013
apstone said:

Congrats! Are you the sponsor? I sent in an email request earlier in the week, but I'm not sure if they'll respond considering I'm the applicant.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
URIFiggy said:
Congrats! Are you the sponsor? I sent in an email request earlier in the week, but I'm not sure if they'll respond considering I'm the applicant.
No I am the applicant.

While I am happy for the PPR, I am also annoyed with them rejecting the channeller FBI Cert. I am most mad at myself, though, because for the past few weeks, I thought it might be a good idea to get a backup FBI cert in case this was rejected. however, I assumed it would be fine, so I didn't. Now, I have to wait 4-6 more weeks to send off for my visa. At least the end is in definite site.

Is there any data yet on how long Ottawa takes to send you a visa back after you submit your PP?

Again, I advise everyone going through Ottawa to send an email, my case was submitted 4/23.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Also, does anybody have any recent data on how long it is taking to get FBI certificates? I see on the website they are saying 5-6 weeks, which is still ridiculously long, but anybody have any luck getting them quicker?? ::)

also, my address is going to be changing on Nov 1. I should just change it on the ECAS now, right? I am worried about it not getting logged in time or something

i am assuming 5-6 week for FBI stuff, plus 3-4 for processing in Ottawa, plus 1 week mailing times....should be done by 12 weeks. 3 more months seems interminably long...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
apstone said:
Is there any data yet on how long Ottawa takes to send you a visa back after you submit your PP?
You are only the second person I've seen - both in the past 24 hours - where the PPR came directly from Ottawa. Everyone else has originated from LA as far as I know. So we don't have a track record yet.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
apstone said:
Again, I advise everyone going through Ottawa to send an email, my case was submitted 4/23.
I think it was just your time, My application was submitted the same day as yours and I got RPRF last month and PPR last week... if my RPRF had been paid I believe I would have gotten PPR in Sept...

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
Wow. Ottawa is chugging along today. It seems like maybe they've worked out the kinks. From here on out, I wouldn't be surprised if the processing time from ottawa for new apps drops significantly.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Creampop said:
I think it was just your time, My application was submitted the same day as yours and I got RPRF last month and PPR last week... if my RPRF had been paid I believe I would have gotten PPR in Sept...
might have been my time, but there are others who are in Ottawa who applied before us who are waiting still. Also, I think it is too big a coincidence for them to send me the email literally 6 hours after I sent them one requesting information.

It may have "been my time" for a while, but they were lagging on sending the notice? In either case, I don't think it can hurt, at this point, for anyone who has been at Ottawa for ~2.5+ months to send an email.

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
I keep seeing these PPR requests...what if I sent a photocopy of my passport with my application? I am still expecting CIC to reject my FBI letter since it was through a channeler (authorized mind you) but let's say I get past that. Will they still require I send another copy of my passport?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MisterDBarton said:
I keep seeing these PPR requests...what if I sent a photocopy of my passport with my application? I am still expecting CIC to reject my FBI letter since it was through a channeler (authorized mind you) but let's say I get past that. Will they still require I send another copy of my passport?
Yes. I sent a complete copy of my passport with my application, but they still wanted to see my physical passport (LA did. Ottawa doesn't seem to want it.)

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
computergeek said:
Yes. I sent a complete copy of my passport with my application, but they still wanted to see my physical passport (LA did. Ottawa doesn't seem to want it.)
I sent a complete photocopy of the passport with the original application and they still wanted another one as the PPR, so I don't fully understand that part of the process. In fact, now that I received the PPR (which again was just asking for a copy of the biopage) I'm really unsure of what comes next. I feel like I'm one of the first to be going through this, so I might just be the guinea pig here.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:
I sent a complete photocopy of the passport with the original application and they still wanted another one as the PPR, so I don't fully understand that part of the process. In fact, now that I received the PPR (which again was just asking for a copy of the biopage) I'm really unsure of what comes next. I feel like I'm one of the first to be going through this, so I might just be the guinea pig here.
It is a mystery of their faith. One they do not share with mere applicants (supplicants?) such as us... lol

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
So after the Buffalo office closed, we haven't had a spreadsheet tracking US outland files only anymore (except for the LA thread). Would anyone be interested in reviving the Buffalo spreadsheet or making a CPP-O spreadsheet?

I think it'd be useful, especially because the Ottawa timelines are non-existent.

(and I'm not volunteering to do it because I've already taken on October 2012 :p)