Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
danawhitaker said:
Looking at the new kit, this wasn't on the checklist. This is one of the things you're supposed to provide after mailing the application. The guide mentions uploading a copy.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, it seems to be part of the new process, so you need to submit it again:

Submit your Schedule A – Background / Declaration (IMM 5669)

View form IMM 5669 (PDF, 399.68 KB)

All applicants over the age of 18 and all principal applicants (including a dependent child under the age of 18) must upload a validated electronic copy of this form within 30 days from the date of the acknowledgement email or letter.

To speed up processing and avoid delays, we strongly recommend that you:

fill out this form electronically while waiting for your acknowledgment of receipt
make sure the form is validated
save a validated copy so it’s ready to upload to your online account as soon as you link your application
Important: When you are completing your personal history, don’t leave any gaps in time. Pay close attention to questions 6 and 9. Gaps in time will cause delays in processing because we will ask you to re-submit a new form. Your application can only be processed accordingly with your response and will be assessed based on the information you provide.
Thanks, both of you. I went home tonight after work and just uploaded my already saved copy. I did have to do a quick edit since now I know my UCI and Application Number, I filled that section in, and for some reason it wouldn't validate with the "Ongoing" box checked (even though the copy I mailed off was validated this way), so I just put 2017/01 in the YYYY/MM field that it requested I fill out (bold red); after that the document validated and I simply uploaded it to the CIC Website.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to review and proceed?

I also sent in my Police Certificate with my application package. I assume they want the form uploaded but will still hold on to my Background Check from the FBI, or would I have to get another one? They just requested that one document for the Schedule A..

Thanks!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
barch88 said:
Thanks, both of you. I went home tonight after work and just uploaded my already saved copy. I did have to do a quick edit since now I know my UCI and Application Number, I filled that section in, and for some reason it wouldn't validate with the "Ongoing" box checked (even though the copy I mailed off was validated this way), so I just put 2017/01 in the YYYY/MM field that it requested I fill out (bold red); after that the document validated and I simply uploaded it to the CIC Website.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to review and proceed?

I also sent in my Police Certificate with my application package. I assume they want the form uploaded but will still hold on to my Background Check from the FBI, or would I have to get another one? They just requested that one document for the Schedule A..

Thanks!
No idea on how long it takes for them to review and proceed. From what I can tell, you're among the first people here starting to go through the process with the new application kit, so consider yourself a guinea pig of sorts. A lot of the answers you'll get from people will be best guesses about what seems logical or likely, but without much precedent to back them up.

As for the police certificate, my guess would be that they did note that you included that and you might not be asked to upload it again, based on the fact that it states it will ask for both the 5669 and the police certificate through MyCIC upon linking. That's just speculation on my part, however, and time will tell what they actually do.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
danawhitaker said:
I believe the new version of the form can be validated, so it's easier to enter into their system. Prior to the new kit, they were entering that information manually. But if that's the case, why not allow the applicant to fill it out and send the barcodes with the initial package like you do with the other forms that can be validated?
Aquakitty said:
The checklist has all that information.

Does anyone else think this new 5669 requirement is confusing? I mean, they put the document in the same category as the other forms, yet it's supposed to be sent later. I don't really get the purpose of asking for that form later, or the PCC for that matter. The medical makes more sense.
to me it makes sense why these items are now being requested later. these items are date specific. if someone submitted the form/police clearance in January, it is highly likey it wouldn't be reviewed for 4-6 months (or in some cases even longer) when the file is picked up for processing. Remember, Ottawa is quick. Most visa offices take significantly longer process files. technically, a person's police clearance and personal history could change multiple times while the file waits to be picked up, so it makes sense they would want it to be the most up to date information based on the time the application is processing. Also, i believe these forms have commonly been requested during processing for various visa offices, so it could also just be a way for them to say, "well we request them again later on for a lot of files, why make someone fill it out twice."

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
to me it makes sense why these items are now being requested later. these items are date specific. if someone submitted the form/police clearance in January, it is highly likey it wouldn't be reviewed for 4-6 months (or in some cases even longer) when the file is picked up for processing. Remember, Ottawa is quick. Most visa offices take significantly longer process files. technically, a person's police clearance and personal history could change multiple times while the file waits to be picked up, so it makes sense they would want it to be the most up to date information based on the time the application is processing. Also, i believe these forms have commonly been requested during processing for various visa offices, so it could also just be a way for them to say, "well we request them again later on for a lot of files, why make someone fill it out twice."
Except they're asking for these things at Mississauga, before sponsor approval is even happening. Not at the final visa office. And they tell you to initiate the process of obtaining the police certificates early because they can take a while to obtain. There's not going to be a huge difference in the information on 5669 between when the application is mailed and when AOR1 is occurring. It would make more sense if they were asking for those things down the road at the VO that will process the application.

ardie514

Sep 13, 2016
My apologies if this question has been asked and answered. I've been searching but can't find what I'm looking for. I am a U.S citizen living in Australia (also have AU citizenship). Family and I are moving to Canada in April/May for husband's new job. He also has Canadian citizenship so is sponsoring our family. Per advice from an immigration lawyer we submitted the full application prior to my receipt of FBI background check completion, with a note and receipt showing it was in progress. Application was received at CIC end of Nov. Sponsorship approval happened quickly and our PR application is being processed, up to the Medicals received stage. I just received my FBI report. I emailed a case specific enquiry to ask where and how to submit the FBI check to add to application, but haven't received a reply yet. In an effort to not delay any more than necessary I thought I'd ask all of you Should I mail immediately to Ottawa office with UCI number? Wait until they ask for it? Thanks so much for your help.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
danawhitaker said:
Except they're asking for these things at Mississauga, before sponsor approval is even happening. Not at the final visa office. And they tell you to initiate the process of obtaining the police certificates early because they can take a while to obtain. There's not going to be a huge difference in the information on 5669 between when the application is mailed and when AOR1 is occurring. It would make more sense if they were asking for those things down the road at the VO that will process the application.
oh, i'm not sure why i thought these are being requested after SA. the one thing that is consistent with IRCC is that they don't do things logically.

ardie514 said:
My apologies if this question has been asked and answered. I've been searching but can't find what I'm looking for. I am a U.S citizen living in Australia (also have AU citizenship). Family and I are moving to Canada in April/May for husband's new job. He also has Canadian citizenship so is sponsoring our family. Per advice from an immigration lawyer we submitted the full application prior to my receipt of FBI background check completion, with a note and receipt showing it was in progress. Application was received at CIC end of Nov. Sponsorship approval happened quickly and our PR application is being processed, up to the Medicals received stage. I just received my FBI report. I emailed a case specific enquiry to ask where and how to submit the FBI check to add to application, but haven't received a reply yet. In an effort to not delay any more than necessary I thought I'd ask all of you Should I mail immediately to Ottawa office with UCI number? Wait until they ask for it? Thanks so much for your help.
the report will be requested at some point, so personally i'd wait to mail the original copy until it's specifically requested. Things tend to get lost easily there. i'd say if they don't send a response after 3 weeks, then send a copy by fax or email and wait for original to be requested.

ardie514

Sep 13, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
oh, i'm not sure why i thought these are being requested after SA. the one thing that is consistent with IRCC is that they don't do things logically.

the report will be requested at some point, so personally i'd wait to mail the original copy until it's specifically requested. Things tend to get lost easily there. i'd say if they don't send a response after 3 weeks, then send a copy by fax or email and wait for original to be requested.
Thanks for that.

Cath-Toronto

Jun 22, 2016
Request for additional proof!

I received an email from CIC from the do not reply email address saying that I had new mail in My CIC.
When I checked it was a PDF letter stating that they needed additional proof from me in 45 days, and that I email it to them by "responding to this email"
I have compiled everything, but I do not have an email address to send it to because they did not email me asking for the additional proof, they put it in MYCIC
Not sure what to do, relaly frstrated, just want to send this off, but don't knwo how!

HELP!

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Cath-Toronto said:

I received an email from CIC from the do not reply email address saying that I had new mail in My CIC.
When I checked it was a PDF letter stating that they needed additional proof from me in 45 days, and that I email it to them by "responding to this email"
I have compiled everything, but I do not have an email address to send it to because they did not email me asking for the additional proof, they put it in MYCIC
Not sure what to do, relaly frstrated, just want to send this off, but don't knwo how!

HELP!
Use the case specific enquiry form. Just google it and the page comes up. Just make sure you enter all the required fields correctly (i.e. UCI # etc.) Then you should receive an e-mail that they got your documents. You might not, so if you don't within 10 days, I would call in to make sure everything was received.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Cath-Toronto said:

HELP!
If they requested documents on MyCIC, then submit the documents through MyCIC. Technically, that's still email (electronic mail).

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Just curious about something...

For those that kept track, about how long after you noticed MyCIC state your background check was "In Progress" did you receive your DM? Also, do you have NEXUS?

I've been "In Progress" on MyCIC a week now. I have my appointment for NEXUS intake next week in Calgary, and it would be good to know if I might get DM before then.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully the wait is almost over...

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
Omegabyte said:

For those that kept track, about how long after you noticed MyCIC state your background check was "In Progress" did you receive your DM? Also, do you have NEXUS?

I've been "In Progress" on MyCIC a week now. I have my appointment for NEXUS intake next week in Calgary, and it would be good to know if I might get DM before then.

My BC was "In Progress" for 5 weeks! Yes, 5 weeks. We did not have Nexus. I dount yours will be in process that long as I have a feeling our wait had a lot to do with it being right around Christmas.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
I have DM made on sponsor, PR in progress, medicals passed/completed, background check says not needed at this time, interview (not needed at this time).

I have a NEXUS pass.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Omegabyte said:

My husband's background check changed to "In Progress" on January 18th and he has yet to get DM. I was hoping to by now, but I know lots of others were waiting since before December. HOWEVER, my husband did have a juvenile record (which we included court documents to prove the charges were dismissed) so I assume that might cause a delay. Oh and we both have Nexus.