Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanadianWife13 said:
Hi, I'm new here and not sure if I am writing in the correct thread. I am filling out the 0008 Form and am not sure what office to fill in for #4 "Immigration Office requested for processing this application". I am sponsoring my husband and we both live in Maryland USA. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks!
This only really matters if you have a choice. In your case, you don't. The office that will process your application is CPP-O (Ottawa). No matter what you write on that form, it will go to Ottawa. CPP-O might choose to transfer it to a different office, but probably not.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
CanadianWife13 said:
Thanks IvanP! I would have put in New York.
I suppose you could put New York, because that's where you'd like to be interviewed (for the rare cases where interviews are requested), but it'll wind up in Ottawa because US-based routine cases are no longer processed in the US.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Hello! Long time fan, first time poster.. :)

I am about to submit my application early next week and just have a couple questions. My husband is Canadian born and living in Canada, I am US born living in the crazy yet fun state of Florida. I have scoured this thread until my eyes bugged out to get the answers and couldn't find them.

I had my Immigration photos done last week but only had two of them printed. Yesterday I was looking at the Photo requirement again and it states to send 4. I am wondering if it's 4 of the Immigration photos or just 4 photos of me in general? I wasn't able to find specific wording in the guide as to what they want and just want to be sure.

PHOTOS
Supply four (4) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions in your guide (see Photos in section on completing the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications

Second question : I called the panel physician's office to book my medical exam and they are booked solid for weeks. The office manager said to go ahead and submit my application and state that I will be following up with the medical exam information. She stated once the application is approved for processing you are assigned a number and can use that number when you take the medical exam so it will process directly to your case. I am figuring it would be faster to get the application up and started then match the Med. Exam to it. Has anyone heard of this? Just wanted to get some feedback. The exam will be done in the next month but I just don't want to wait any longer to get this ball rolling.

This is such a daunting task of current forms, stress, trying to convince a stranger that you are crazy in love with someone on paper... lol it's enough to send me to the store for good beer. :)

Like others have said, this forum really is a lifesaver. I have learned alot from all of you and greatly appreciate the time and effort everyone puts into it. Thank you for everything. :)

John

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Florida Bear said:
Hello! Long time fan, first time poster.. :)

I am about to submit my application early next week and just have a couple questions. My husband is Canadian born and living in Canada, I am US born living in the crazy yet fun state of Florida. I have scoured this thread until my eyes bugged out to get the answers and couldn't find them.

I had my Immigration photos done last week but only had two of them printed. Yesterday I was looking at the Photo requirement again and it states to send 4. I am wondering if it's 4 of the Immigration photos or just 4 photos of me in general? I wasn't able to find specific wording in the guide as to what they want and just want to be sure.

PHOTOS
Supply four (4) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions in your guide (see Photos in section on completing the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications

Second question : I called the panel physician's office to book my medical exam and they are booked solid for weeks. The office manager said to go ahead and submit my application and state that I will be following up with the medical exam information. She stated once the application is approved for processing you are assigned a number and can use that number when you take the medical exam so it will process directly to your case. I am figuring it would be faster to get the application up and started then match the Med. Exam to it. Has anyone heard of this? Just wanted to get some feedback. The exam will be done in the next month but I just don't want to wait any longer to get this ball rolling.

This is such a daunting task of current forms, stress, trying to convince a stranger that you are crazy in love with someone on paper... lol it's enough to send me to the store for good beer. :)

Like others have said, this forum really is a lifesaver. I have learned alot from all of you and greatly appreciate the time and effort everyone puts into it. Thank you for everything. :)

John
PHOTOS

This is the USA specific guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

No, this is not correct information for Family Sponsorship applications. It will delay your application if you send the medical after your application....in fact it is possible they could return your application as incomplete. You do not need the file number...tell them you an "Up front" medical for Family Sponsorship. The panel physicians should know this, but it is amazing how many times you will hear on these forums about physicians and their office staff being woefully out of the loop on current policies and practices.

Good luck with your application!! Just keep posting any questions you have and the folks here are happy to try and help.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
No, this is not correct information for Family Sponsorship applications. It will delay your application if you send the medical after your application....in fact it is possible they could return your application as incomplete. You do not need the file number...tell them you an "Up front" medical for Family Sponsorship. The panel physicians should know this, but it is amazing how many times you will hear on these forums about physicians and their office staff being woefully out of the loop on current policies and practices.

Good luck with your application!! Just keep posting any questions you have and the folks here are happy to try and help.
[/quote]

Ok cool, that's the guide I was using but just was probably overthinking it. I'll get a total of 4 Immigration photos.

Dang, ok. Thank you for the information on the medical exam. Crazy that they would give incorrect information. i will post any questions and update when we get the paperwork on it's way. :)

opmama

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-17-2013
File Transfer...
07-23-2013
Florida Bear said:
John, we did choose to submit without the medical, and to send it later. In our case, we are all in the US, and headed to Canada (the kids and I are moving, my husband will be visiting) at the end of the month. I wanted to have sponsorship approval before we went, if at all possible, because I was told that can make it easier to cross the border, and waiting for the medicals would have meant we wouldn't have had the application submitted at all before we went (or at least not received and in the CIC system).

However, I did it knowing two things could happen. 1) There could be issues matching the medical we will send shortly up with the application. It could get lost and we might have to redo or resend. 2) It will likely take longer to process our stage 2 paperwork. In our particular case, that seemed like the right trade-off, since my husband should have little problem visiting us in Canada while we wait for his approval.

But the fastest, simplest, least likely to get screwed up method is to submit the application with everything already in it. I'm only sharing our case as an example of why you might sometimes make a different choice. (We're worked hard to get to Canada quickly for our daughter to start at her new school in the fall).

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Thank you for the information! I am gonna push this Dr's office a bit to see if they can get me in sooner so my FBI check doesn't go past the 90 days. If it comes down to where they can't, I will send the application with a cover letter explaining the situation and that medicals will follow shortly, give the date of the exam so they could be ready for it.

I wish you the best of luck on speedy processing. :)

Also, are there any restrictions on an applicant visiting Canada while the paperwork is being processed? Is this something I need to mention at the border when crossing back into the states? We have found the folks at the crossing in Houlton, Maine, to be extremely rigid and almost always give us a hard time when Jason is dropping me off at the airport in Bangor. Better to know ahead of time.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
I received PPR today - 6 months to the date of submitting my application :)

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!! :D :D :D

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
tinytortoise said:
I received PPR today - 6 months to the date of submitting my application :)
That is amazing!!

I just got my sponsorship approval - July 15th.

I am so happy! Best of luck to everyone :)

Thaliada

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Ok, I have 2 questions, maybe someone can help me.

1. My husband came to Canada on January 8th as a visitor. We applied for an extension of his visitor visa on May 23rd. However, we did not receive any confirmation from them or anything else. If I go on the website where we submitted the documents, there is no news. His visitor visa expired on July 7th. Can I contact anyone regarding this? Should I worry?

2. I just received my Sponsorship Approval on July 15th. I sent the application with my maiden name. However, my passport is about to expire, and I was thinking if I can change my name to my husband's name. Will that affect the sponsorship process? Do I have to inform anyone? How does that work?

Thank you very much.

Thaliada

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
And I just received PPR for my temporary work permit too. How funny is that?!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Thaliada said:
Ok, I have 2 questions, maybe someone can help me.

1. My husband came to Canada on January 8th as a visitor. We applied for an extension of his visitor visa on May 23rd. However, we did not receive any confirmation from them or anything else. If I go on the website where we submitted the documents, there is no news. His visitor visa expired on July 7th. Can I contact anyone regarding this? Should I worry?

2. I just received my Sponsorship Approval on July 15th. I sent the application with my maiden name. However, my passport is about to expire, and I was thinking if I can change my name to my husband's name. Will that affect the sponsorship process? Do I have to inform anyone? How does that work?

Thank you very much.

Thaliada
At work so I have a tough time checking but AFAIK if you applied for extension before the legal visitor period expired (either marked on passport/document like VR or implied 6 months if no required date) then whoever the application is for has an implied status and does not need to leave unless ordered to do so or the app has been decided upon (in the negative).

I dunno how close you are to the border but I found it quicker and easier to just flagpole at a US border crossing and ask for a 1 year VR.