Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
tinytortoise said:
Perhaps they are in training on "How to process applications more efficiently" ;)
But before they get to that, they are probably doing some team-building exercises.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
IvanP said:
But before they get to that, they are probably doing some team-building exercises.
Yes, on how to get their Tim's donuts to their offices faster ;)

treddy

Apr 11, 2013
Have Americans completed the PR residency (fmaily sponsorship) recently?

I would like to hear from someone who has recently undergone the application process for permanent residency. Seeing as how different countries have varying processing times, I'd like to see if any Americans out there have recently undergone the process. My partner has sponsored me under the common-law partner tract for permanent residency. Two months ago we made the final payment and were told that no interview is necessary. At this late stage I am surprised I am still waiting. The website doesn't help since it is not often updated and still lists our status as "application received". I wish I had a clearer time frame. My partner's friends' application only took one month after the final fee was paid, but I am not sure where they were from. I don't see why this is taking so long. Anyone have personal experience similar and could shed some light on how much longer it could be????

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Re: Have Americans completed the PR residency (fmaily sponsorship) recently?

treddy said:
I would like to hear from someone who has recently undergone the application process for permanent residency. Seeing as how different countries have varying processing times, I'd like to see if any Americans out there have recently undergone the process. My partner has sponsored me under the common-law partner tract for permanent residency. Two months ago we made the final payment and were told that no interview is necessary. At this late stage I am surprised I am still waiting. The website doesn't help since it is not often updated and still lists our status as "application received". I wish I had a clearer time frame. My partner's friends' application only took one month after the final fee was paid, but I am not sure where they were from. I don't see why this is taking so long. Anyone have personal experience similar and could shed some light on how much longer it could be????
Two months ago? You probably have about another 2 months before anything will happen. You should have paid it all up front. So just settle in, it'll be AT LEAST another 2 ish months, maybe more, maybe less.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017

parker24 said:
Two months ago? You probably have about another 2 months before anything will happen. You should have paid it all up front. So just settle in, it'll be AT LEAST another 2 ish months, maybe more, maybe less.
It could also be tomorrow, but paying the fees when you get PPR does delay applications quite a bit - I wouldn't necessarily say 4 months, but definitely 2-3 months from PPR is a fair guess (30 days for COPR after PPR is the norm if the applicant gets PPR and no other requests).

If there are newbies out there reading this thread, paying your entire application fee up front can save processing time.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013

IvanP said:
It could also be tomorrow, but paying the fees when you get PPR does delay applications quite a bit - I wouldn't necessarily say 4 months, but definitely 2-3 months from PPR is a fair guess (30 days for COPR after PPR is the norm if the applicant gets PPR and no other requests).

If there are newbies out there reading this thread, paying your entire application fee up front can save processing time.
True, I'm just basing my guess on the fact of how slow Ottawa is going right now, which is why I think it might be another two months for them with all the backlog that Ottawa is creating for themselves *shakes head*

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013

parker24 said:
True, I'm just basing my guess on the fact of how slow Ottawa is going right now, which is why I think it might be another two months for them with all the backlog that Ottawa is creating for themselves *shakes head*
I think you can knit a blanket faster than what it takes them to print a COPR lol

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013

lunas said:
I think you can knit a blanket faster than what it takes them to print a COPR lol
Agreed. I didn't think we'd be waiting two months after PPR, and yet here we are, waiting. A month, yes .. two, no.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
Last night I sold one of my cars to a woman who immigrated to the US from Ecuador. I told her I was immigrating to Canada and she was flabbergasted that as an American I have to wait for my Canadian "green card". She actually thought that as an American I could drive to Canada and get a permanent residency card at the border by showing my US citizenship. Her perception of how "privileged" we should be based on our US citizenship amazed me.

sunspotss

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo to CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october '11
AOR Received.
december 21st '11
Med's Request
march 21st '13
Med's Done....
march 25th '13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
april 17th '13 ish
VISA ISSUED...
DM august 16 '13
LANDED..........
sooon?
tinytortoise said:
Last night I sold one of my cars to a woman who immigrated to the US from Ecuador. I told her I was immigrating to Canada and she was flabbergasted that as an American I have to wait for my Canadian "green card". She actually thought that as an American I could drive to Canada and get a permanent residency card at the border by showing my US citizenship. Her perception of how "privileged" we should be based on our US citizenship amazed me.
thats interestingly funny.
everyone in my family (im the outland us spouse husband is canadian citizen) thought that just by marrying a canadian citizen i automatically got citizenship! and of course i am in the buffalo backlog -applied in 2011 so everytime anyone asks me why its taking so ungodly long to get PR i cant say anything really in the defense of the immigration system but its just funny how some people think i guess.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
sunspotss said:
...of course i am in the buffalo backlog -applied in 2011 so everytime anyone asks me why its taking so ungodly long to get PR i cant say anything really in the defense of the immigration system but its just funny how some people think i guess.
Geesh, that sucks. Have you stayed in the US during that time or are you visiting your spouse while waiting for approval?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
tinytortoise said:
So many Americans and Canadians I've met think the same thing. They don't understand why I can't work. It's kinda funny and cute, although a tad sad neither understand the system!

I met a Russian immigrate here in Canada that was shocked - completely shocked - Americans come to Canada too. I chuckled at her. It's about love. Of course I'd go to Canada :p

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
amikety said:
So many Americans and Canadians I've met think the same thing. They don't understand why I can't work. It's kinda funny and cute, although a tad sad neither understand the system!

I met a Russian immigrate here in Canada that was shocked - completely shocked - Americans come to Canada too. I chuckled at her. It's about love. Of course I'd go to Canada :p
It's funny, I'm trying to explain to someone right now on facebook who is a friend of mine and she's like "Well it doesn't cost much right?" Ohhh I started laughing :p