+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

gopherblack

Oct 30, 2022
It takes anywhere between 30mins to 1hour max. Considering you reach the consulate exactly 10mins before. They wont allow you too much prior your appointment time.
Thanks for replying. That's the whole time spent at embassy, correct? including security, standing in line, etc.?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Renewals are straight forward and interview waived. Once you complete the DS-160 and the payment, system will prompt you to proceed to send the passport and photos based on the following conditions.
  1. Be renewing a visa issued in the country where you are applying that is either still current or expired within the past 12 to 48 months
  2. Be a local citizen or permanent resident of the country where submitting the application and be physically present in the country
  3. All 10 fingerprints were taken at the time the last visa was issued
  4. The previous visa was not lost, stolen, or revoked
  5. The most recent visa application was not refused
  6. Renewing visa is the same category as the one that is going to be expired/already expired
  7. Meet other eligibility requirements as applicable
There's no extra charge to send your documents as well. System will generate Canada post return shipping label which you will drop off at the post office. Consulate has a list of selected post offices where they return the passport when the processing is complete. You are allowed to select the post office close to you

Your account Sign in or Create an Account | Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Canada | English (usvisa-info.com) will show the return tracking number and you will receive a message from the consulate with a QR code when your passport is ready to pick up at the post office. (They do not mail passports to the home addresses)

I am not aware of the dropbox. This is how I renewed my visa in February 2023.
Thanks for the detailed reply

annabkmv

Jul 8, 2023
My timeline for the interview waiver application:

May 30: Documents sent
June 5: Case created
June 8: Refused under 221g. Asked for my resume. Kept my passport.
July 7: Visa Issued.

I definitely did not expect them to keep my passport for over one month. I have to fly somewhere ASAP and I cannot even buy my tickets. The best part is that my visa got issued on a Friday, so now I have to wait till Monday for them to maybe ship my passport.

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone
I filled the ds160 form (visitor back in 2019dec) covid happened, they rescheduled it den I rescheduled twice after that..now I have an appointment that I am attending next week but my status has changed from being on work permit to that of PR in canada..do I need to update my ds160 form by creating a new one?.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hello everyone
I filled the ds160 form (visitor back in 2019dec) covid happened, they rescheduled it den I rescheduled twice after that..now I have an appointment that I am attending next week but my status has changed from being on work permit to that of PR in canada..do I need to update my ds160 form by creating a new one?.
Did you ever held a US visa before? Based on your explanation this must be your first visa application to USA. Well, you have better grounds for the approval being a PR. I had an error on my DS160 and I sent a letter explaining that and it was accepted. (I did a renewal by post) Since you have an in-person interview I believe you will be able to share your PR status with the officer without making a new form. Please see if any other applicants here could guide you through a different direction.

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
I hope someone can help with this inquiry. My partner applied for a US B2 visa last week and was able to secure an interview date at the Calgary consulate for July 2025. I understand that to try and reschedule for an earlier interview date, we have to keep checking the portal for cancellations. My questions are:

1) Is there a limit to the number of reschedules we can do? I have heard rumors ranging from 3-5 reschedules an applicant is allowed before they are locked from any further reschedules on the portal. Does any one know if this true?

2) The consulate we applied out of is Calgary. However, if we find an earlier interview date at a different consulate/embassy (for example Vancouver/Ottawa), can we go ahead and schedule that earlier date? Is this allowable, or is it a practice frowned upon by consulate/embassy officials?

Reactions: BbT1

kamaal1707

Aug 6, 2021
I hope someone can help with this inquiry. My partner applied for a US B2 visa last week and was able to secure an interview date at the Calgary consulate for July 2025. I understand that to try and reschedule for an earlier interview date, we have to keep checking the portal for cancellations. My questions are:

1) Is there a limit to the number of reschedules we can do? I have heard rumors ranging from 3-5 reschedules an applicant is allowed before they are locked from any further reschedules on the portal. Does any one know if this true?

2) The consulate we applied out of is Calgary. However, if we find an earlier interview date at a different consulate/embassy (for example Vancouver/Ottawa), can we go ahead and schedule that earlier date? Is this allowable, or is it a practice frowned upon by consulate/embassy officials?
I think rumors regarding rescheduling is partly true. I was able to reschedule 3 times from 2025 to 2024. But now, I do not see dates to reschedule throughout the day. I see dates for rescheduling between 7 PM -11 PM EST. This is really frustrating now.

Reactions: PitObi23

Jasmin Singh

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview for non-immigrant visitor visa on Sept 15th 2023 at Toronto, Visa approved on the spot, consular took the passport and ceac show Visa Approved Sept 15th 2023.

However, till date it has not been changed to issued. Could there be any reason for delays? As my friend who applied for the same visa, same day received their passport stamped back by 19th Sept.

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview for non-immigrant visitor visa on Sept 15th 2023 at Toronto, Visa approved on the spot, consular took the passport and ceac show Visa Approved Sept 15th 2023.

However, till date it has not been changed to issued. Could there be any reason for delays? As my friend who applied for the same visa, same day received their passport stamped back by 19th Sept.
What is your status in canada and your citizenship?
LUV

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My husband faced a similar situation. His visa was granted immediately, but we had to wait for over four weeks for his passport without any additional requests. Surprisingly, it then went into administrative processing, despite no further documents or questions being requested, only to be denied later on the grounds that we lacked strong ties to Canada. This situation is utterly absurd given that I am a Canadian citizen, he holds permanent residency, and we both have stable full-time jobs and own a house in Canada. I strongly advise you to proactively reach out and provide documents for financial proof and evidence of your strong ties to Canada. It appears that even though they verify financial information and employment during the interview, these factors are somehow overlooked during processing, leading to a baffling outcome without any document requests for review. The US visa processing system seems to be highly flawed. Unfortunately, there are no adequate phone numbers or email addresses for inquiries. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a way to contact them or submit additional documents for your visa application. All the best!

Reactions: Jasmin Singh

Jasmin Singh

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
My husband faced a similar situation. His visa was granted immediately, but we had to wait for over four weeks for his passport without any additional requests. Surprisingly, it then went into administrative processing, despite no further documents or questions being requested, only to be denied later on the grounds that we lacked strong ties to Canada. This situation is utterly absurd given that I am a Canadian citizen, he holds permanent residency, and we both have stable full-time jobs and own a house in Canada. I strongly advise you to proactively reach out and provide documents for financial proof and evidence of your strong ties to Canada. It appears that even though they verify financial information and employment during the interview, these factors are somehow overlooked during processing, leading to a baffling outcome without any document requests for review. The US visa processing system seems to be highly flawed. Unfortunately, there are no adequate phone numbers or email addresses for inquiries. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a way to contact them or submit additional documents for your visa application. All the best!
Thank you!

Jasmin Singh

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Someone messaged me and said they were in the same situation and it was updated on 10th business day. It is tomorrow for me, I will keep everyone posted if there is any update.

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
Hi All,

‘I applied for my wife and sons US B1/B2 visa last year Aug, got an appointment for 31st October 2023. Today I tried to log in and check the status of the DS 160 forms for both using the visa case number , I am receiving an error message as “ invalid visa case number “. It’s been long that I accessed the account.

Would appreciate if someone else has gone through this situation could guide on what to do next. Should I fill new DS160 forms? How do I map the and update the DS160 forms to the account as the account has old DS 160 numbers, also, do I need to pay again.

‘thanks for your help!

Jasmin Singh

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hi All,

‘I applied for my wife and sons US B1/B2 visa last year Aug, got an appointment for 31st October 2023. Today I tried to log in and check the status of the DS 160 forms for both using the visa case number , I am receiving an error message as “ invalid visa case number “. It’s been long that I accessed the account.

Would appreciate if someone else has gone through this situation could guide on what to do next. Should I fill new DS160 forms? How do I map the and update the DS160 forms to the account as the account has old DS 160 numbers, also, do I need to pay again.

‘thanks for your help!
Print the same old form and go for the appt. Have proofs available for the changes, if any.