+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have an interview at USA Consulate in Toronto on the 28th of March early in the morning. Is there anyone living in Windsor area that has an appointment same day? I am thinking of deoarting from Windsor area between 12 and 1 am same day so that I can get there around 5am. I'm trying to cut cost of hotel booking and all. So, if there is anyone in similar condition, please, contact me if we can share ride, or use a RideShare together. The departure time is between 12 am and 1 am.
Hello, Did you get your passport back after your interview? My husband's interview was on March 27th and CEAS shows "Refused" same status as from March 27th. No change since. The officer approved his visa during the interview and confirmed that he will get the passport back in 5 -7 business days. It is already past 10 business day and there are no status changes. We have an emergency travel coming up this April 20th and we don't know what to do. Any one on the same boat as ours? Is there an email or contact number to get a status update or to request the passport back? We called all numbers on the website and getting no help at all

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
HI All,

I have applied US B1/B2 visitor visa for my parents and got the earliest interview date of Jan 2025. Is there a way we can prepone it??
Please advise. Need appointment in Oct/Nov 2023.

Request your suggestions,

Reactions: KanadianGuy

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019
Hello Everyone, I had applied for the renewal of B1/B2 US visa for my Parents. My mother got interview waiver and received her passport with a new visa stamp in 20 days but the officer had asked my father to come in-person for the interview. His interview is scheduled this week. He does not speak/understand english. Can someone please let me know if i can go along with him as a translator? I had called up customer support with the same question and they mentioned yes, you can go along with him as a translator. But the instructions says "In general, only Visa applicants with scheduled appointments are allowed to enter the Consular Section." this makes me nervous. If some one had this kind of experience, please share your thoughts.
Thanks

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hi,if the us 10 years visit visa expired in July in 2019 does it come under the renewl category ,and how do we know if it does .or is it only after we fill D160 .What exactly is the drop box ….Please guide .Thanks

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hello Everyone, I had applied for the renewal of B1/B2 US visa for my Parents. My mother got interview waiver and received her passport with a new visa stamp in 20 days but the officer had asked my father to come in-person for the interview. His interview is scheduled this week. He does not speak/understand english. Can someone please let me know if i can go along with him as a translator? I had called up customer support with the same question and they mentioned yes, you can go along with him as a translator. But the instructions says "In general, only Visa applicants with scheduled appointments are allowed to enter the Consular Section." this makes me nervous. If some one had this kind of experience, please share your thoughts.
Thanks
Hi Vickan,

My parents visa are expiring in august and I am planning to renew their visa from Canada. Do you have similar situation as mine? my parents original B1/B2 visa was done in India and for renewal I am applying from Canada. Are they eligible for dropbox consideration given the interview dates times are 2 years from now.

idkme

Apr 29, 2023
FYI : if anyone needs an early interview appointment due to an emergency .

Qualifications for an Expedited Interview Appointment

Consular sections overseas may be able to expedite your interview date if there is an urgent, unforeseen situation such as a funeral, medical emergency, or school start date. The process to request an expedited nonimmigrant visa interview varies by location. You should refer to the instructions on the website of the Embassy or Consulate Visa Section where you will interview, or on their online appointment scheduling site. You will need to provide proof of the need for an earlier appointment.

In all cases: You must first submit the online visa application form (DS-160), pay the application fee, and schedule the first available interview appointment. Only at this point will a consular section consider your request for an expedited appointment.

Note: Travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conference, or enjoying last-minute tourism does not qualify for expedited appointments. For such travel, please schedule a regular visa appointment well in advance.

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
Thanks
You can go with him inside
Good luck
LUV

Luv-canada

Aug 31, 2021
Hi,if the us 10 years visit visa expired in July in 2019 does it come under the renewl category ,and how do we know if it does .or is it only after we fill D160 .What exactly is the drop box ….Please guide .Thanks
You are eligible for renewal
LUV

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
are we eligible for Dropbox for B1/B2 renewal from different country?

first time visa from India
Renewal from Canada

gopherblack

Oct 30, 2022
How long does the interview take? The whole process at the consulate? I have an interview coming soon but i need to be somewhere after 2.5 hours. Is it doable?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
How long does the interview take? The whole process at the consulate? I have an interview coming soon but i need to be somewhere after 2.5 hours. Is it doable?
It takes anywhere between 30mins to 1hour max. Considering you reach the consulate exactly 10mins before. They wont allow you too much prior your appointment time.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
are we eligible for Dropbox for B1/B2 renewal from different country?

first time visa from India
Renewal from Canada
Renewals are straight forward and interview waived. Once you complete the DS-160 and the payment, system will prompt you to proceed to send the passport and photos based on the following conditions.
  1. Be renewing a visa issued in the country where you are applying that is either still current or expired within the past 12 to 48 months
  2. Be a local citizen or permanent resident of the country where submitting the application and be physically present in the country
  3. All 10 fingerprints were taken at the time the last visa was issued
  4. The previous visa was not lost, stolen, or revoked
  5. The most recent visa application was not refused
  6. Renewing visa is the same category as the one that is going to be expired/already expired
  7. Meet other eligibility requirements as applicable
There's no extra charge to send your documents as well. System will generate Canada post return shipping label which you will drop off at the post office. Consulate has a list of selected post offices where they return the passport when the processing is complete. You are allowed to select the post office close to you

Your account Sign in or Create an Account | Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | Canada | English (usvisa-info.com) will show the return tracking number and you will receive a message from the consulate with a QR code when your passport is ready to pick up at the post office. (They do not mail passports to the home addresses)

I am not aware of the dropbox. This is how I renewed my visa in February 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksp1989 and Renadxb