+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

prshankar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
Just to come back to this. Approved for B2 visa, I was able to accompany my wife and translate for her. Interview was only 1 min long but the wait to get there was 2.5 hours.
Need info on below details.. can someone pls help me with this info at the earliest
1) I have booked the appointment longtime back, but due to status updates and education information, I have created the new DS160 form can I update the new one on the appointment day?

2) does the photo should be the same as the one we upload in ds160 ? or can I take the new one aswell ??

Virah

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, my husband submitted DS160 in November 2022 and got an appointment in sep 2023. When he submitted he dint had a job but now he is working. Should we update this using DS160?

Minigolf123

Aug 13, 2018
Hi, my wife's B1/B2 dropbox application status was changed to "refused" today morning and in the afternoon, she is asked to appear for an in-person appointment at Toronto consulate. But have been asked to schedule only after receiving the passport. Since, there is a long wait times for in-person interview appointments, how soon will the embassy return the passport or can she book an appointment before receiving the passport.

prshankar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
Hi, my husband submitted DS160 in November 2022 and got an appointment in sep 2023. When he submitted he dint had a job but now he is working. Should we update this using DS160?
yes you can create the new the DS-160 form and let them know during the appointment day.. i did the samething, they accepted new one

prshankar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
thats up to you, but they do ask for sure whether you are working or not.. Then you need to explain if required.

prshankar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2021
Need info on below details.. can someone pls help me with this info at the earliest
1) I have booked the appointment longtime back, but due to status updates and education information, I have created the new DS160 form can I update the new one on the appointment day?

2) does the photo should be the same as the one we upload in ds160 ? or can I take the new one aswell ??
which consulate is it?
my status has been changed to approved on the same day.. but not sure why it is not changed to issued. but my dependents application stautus has been changed to issued and courier number generated.. any idea ?
fyi, we have booked the appointment together

W3456

Mar 10, 2023
Has anyone received a waiver recommendation from the Toronto consulate in conjunction with their visa application? How long did it take to hear back from DHS about the waiver?

Reactions: Ibtii10

iamrfmas

Dec 2, 2022
Hi guys, Is there any ongoing forum/link/telegram/WA groups to discuss B1/B2 visa appointment slots in Canadian consulates? I got an intv appointment in Toronto for next year but hoping to get in sometime in this year.
Please let me know. Thank you.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have an interview at USA Consulate in Toronto on the 28th of March early in the morning. Is there anyone living in Windsor area that has an appointment same day? I am thinking of deoarting from Windsor area between 12 and 1 am same day so that I can get there around 5am. I'm trying to cut cost of hotel booking and all. So, if there is anyone in similar condition, please, contact me if we can share ride, or use a RideShare together. The departure time is between 12 am and 1 am.

Jvemuri

Jul 30, 2018
Hello,

I am living in the US and applied for H1B extension while I have a PR card. I am not actively living in Canada, while choosing US Visa appointment from Toronto,
1. Do I need to select as a resident of Canada or a Resident outside the Canada?
2. Is the appointment availability in May 2023 if residents of Canada is different for the US Consulate toronto?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,

I am living in the US and applied for H1B extension while I have a PR card. I am not actively living in Canada, while choosing US Visa appointment from Toronto,
1. Do I need to select as a resident of Canada or a Resident outside the Canada?
2. Is the appointment availability in May 2023 if residents of Canada is different for the US Consulate toronto?
1. You need to select "Resident outside of Canada
2. Yes its different but if you are a resident of Canada you would be getting a Dropbox option

success12345

May 7, 2015
Hi,

- I am currently in Canada with the expired USA visa.
- There is a wrong arrival entry showing on i94 travel history document which is after the expiry of visa.

How do I rectify the i94 records which is showing the false "Arrival" entry?

Thanks!

Last edited:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

- I am currently in Canada with the expired USA visa.
- There is a wrong arrival entry showing on i94 travel history document which is after the expiry of visa.

How do I rectify the i94 records which is showing the false "Arrival" entry?

Thanks!
Next time when you enter it gets corrected automatically. No issues.