+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
@sentraj If you used the visa interview waiver program (dropbox), the CO may ask the applicants to appear for an in-person appointment. If the status is showing refused after the visa interview, this is potentially a 221g case. Wait for the e-mail from the consulate in that case.
@Avi_Mathur

Thank you so much first of all for your response.

The application is sent to US Toronto Consulate using IWP. Just wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation and what their stories are as it's really not a pleasant time after seeing Refused.

Senthil

Avi_Mathur

May 21, 2018
@sentraj Have been in the same boat. The CEAC status changes to refused the next day after 'application received'. The applicant will receive an email from the consulate (possibly the next day) that they need to appear for an in-person interview (the applicant needs to schedule the in-person appointment on the ais website themselves, the consulate won't book one for you) and the passport will be released to applicant's mailing address. Once the applicant appears for the interview (take all documents again along with the passport), all three possibilities exist: approved on the spot, 221g requesting additional documents/ additional administrative processing or visa denied.

Avi_Mathur

May 21, 2018
In rare cases, if it's a minor issue, the consulate may seek additional documents/clarification directly through email and the applicant may not need to appear for an in-person interview. Rather, the application status changes from refused to administrative processing and later to approved (although it will still take a couple of days - a few weeks while they process this).

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
@Avi_Mathur Thank you so much for your response.

Just only sent employment letter and paystub along with necessary required document as ked by IWP courier in Program. Thinking could have submitted LCA< Client letter too.

Sentraj

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
@sentraj Have been in the same boat. The CEAC status changes to refused the next day after 'application received'. The applicant will receive an email from the consulate (possibly the next day) that they need to appear for an in-person interview (the applicant needs to schedule the in-person appointment on the ais website themselves, the consulate won't book one for you) and the passport will be released to applicant's mailing address. Once the applicant appears for the interview (take all documents again along with the passport), all three possibilities exist: approved on the spot, 221g requesting additional documents/ additional administrative processing or visa denied.
in our case, application received on Jan 30, and the refused came in just today morning.

petreng89

Jan 30, 2016
hi @Sandhu@1313

Could you please help letting me know your staus as of today?

This would really help

Sentraj
Hi, (RE: DS 160 from Toronto)

I was asked to submit my passport of 19th Jan 2023 and I did sent it the same day. The Passport was received on 23rd Jan 2023, since then I have no update.

Do you think I should email the consulate and get an update on the status?

petreng89

Jan 30, 2016
Hi,

I applied for a DS 160 Waiver since I was renewing my visa that had already expired. I was asked to appear for an interview, I interview on 08Nov2022, I was handed over a green 221g and passport was returned. I submitted the documents that were asked. On 19Jan2023 I received a request to send my passport for visa issuance.
Does this mean the administrative processing was completed? My CEAC tracker still shows Refused, and I have no updates on the passport I had sent on 19Jan2023.
Does it make sense to follow up?

Please guide

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
PLEASE HELP.

My wife and daughter's H1/H4 application is refused and asked to come for an in-person interview.

It's available only in Apr 4th, could you please help suggest the ways you all have used to expedite the process.

OR ANY ONE HAS EARLIER APPOINTMENT that I can use.

You CAN reach me at skrbhuvani@gmail.com

PLEASE HELP.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
@sentraj If you used the visa interview waiver program (dropbox), the CO may ask the applicants to appear for an in-person appointment. If the status is showing refused after the visa interview, this is potentially a 221g case. Wait for the e-mail from the consulate in that case.
@Avi_Mathur

PLEASE HELP.

My wife and daughter's H1/H4 application is refused and asked to come for an in-person interview.

It's available only in Apr 4th, could you please help suggest the ways you all have used to expedite the process.

PLEASE HELP.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
@swan0206

PLEASE HELP.

PLEASE HELP.

Learner02

Aug 5, 2022
@swan0206

PLEASE HELP.

PLEASE HELP.

Hi Senthil,

I can imagine your stress level at this time. However, this shouldn't be as bad as you think.

For the in-person interview in Toronto, there are lots of appointments in March beginning from the 7th to the 31st. You may want to check it out.

Another question: is your wife a permanent resident of Canada?

At the end, it will be fine.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hi Senthil,

I can imagine your stress level at this time. However, this shouldn't be as bad as you think.

For the in-person interview in Toronto, there are lots of appointments in March beginning from the 7th to the 31st. You may want to check it out.

Another question: is your wife a permanent resident of Canada?

At the end, it will be fine.
Hi @Learner02 Yes both my wife and daughter are Permanent residence from Jan 17, 2023, Submitted COPR as proof of Status in Canada.

Sentraj