+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Learner02

Aug 5, 2022
Hey all! I just got a request from the Toronto Consulate to courier ship (via their dedicated courier) to the consulate for visa issuance. I'll be shipping it from Calgary to Toronto consulate, then changed the pick up location (where the consulate sends my passport when they're one) to Calgary.

Any experience on how long I can expect from the day I submit it to the courier, to when I can expect to go pick it up? I imagine maybe a few days more considering it's getting shipped across the country. However, any insight here is helpful as I'm bouncing all over the place with travel plans so I'd love to know or be able to anticipate how long it will take. They didn't ask for any documents outside of just my passport so I assume it's as simple as them getting it and processing it, but I have read that you can't inquire about the status until after 6 weeks or something so I just want to make sure it's not going to take ages.
Interesting!

About your question, I am not sure the return delivery will be that significant as there are multiple flights going from Toronto to Calgary. Once your visa is processed, you should get it within 2 to 3 business days.

I have a follow-up question: what was the basis of the request to send your passport for visa issuance? Is it the normal questionnaire or you were contacted by the embassy to do so (your post seemed like it)?

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
Interesting!

About your question, I am not sure the return delivery will be that significant as there are multiple flights going from Toronto to Calgary. Once your visa is processed, you should get it within 2 to 3 business days.

I have a follow-up question: what was the basis of the request to send your passport for visa issuance? Is it the normal questionnaire or you were contacted by the embassy to do so (your post seemed like it)?
Sounds good thank you! I'm in quite an interesting position indeed. Here's what happened.

1. Got O1 petition approval (i797) and went to consulate interview.
2. arrived for interview, was immediately told I could have gone to POE with this and not the consulate (although it doesn't say that ANYWHERE online)
3. Interview was 2 minutes, immediately got refused for administrative processing 221g but the slip didn't ask for any info just said they'd be in touch
4. Same day, I get a D5355 or whatever additional security screening questions
5. Submit that, don't hear from them for a month
6. I end up going down to the POE with my passport and i797 and they stamped my Passport with an 01 stamp and let me in
7. I've legally been in the States (getting settled in, SSN etc), then I receive an update from the consulate.
8. My CEAC went from "refused" to "administrative processing"
9. In the email, the only "additional document" that was requested was my passport, along with a memo that said: "Processor comments The US. Consulate in Toronto requests that you submit your passport for visa issuance. Best regards, The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team"

Is this normal? I printed out the courier thing they asked me to send in along with my passport, and on that piece of paper shows a bar code to scan that says I paid for a Machine Readable Visa. My guess is they reviewed the info, my petition etc and realized I should be approved, and are now just asking me to mail in my passport to get the visa created. Only complication is that now I have to come back to Canada for this whole process so I was curious how long I could expect this to take.

Reactions: Learner02

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
Hey all! Anyone have experience with wait times to get your passport back? I shipped it to the Toronto Consulate using their courier instructions after I was asked to submit it for visa issuance. I'm trying to figure out when I can book a flight back to New York.

I submitted it via Canada Post on November 25th. It was delivered to the Consulate on Monday, November 28th.

I didn't receive any receipt confirmation from the consulate - so I'm curious how long I should expect it will take to process. All I sent in was the passport as there was no request for more information, but just the passport, so I hope it's a quick turnaround and I'm not stranded in Canada for too long.

hmz0943

Jan 7, 2019
Hey all! Anyone have experience with wait times to get your passport back? I shipped it to the Toronto Consulate using their courier instructions after I was asked to submit it for visa issuance. I'm trying to figure out when I can book a flight back to New York.

I submitted it via Canada Post on November 25th. It was delivered to the Consulate on Monday, November 28th.

I didn't receive any receipt confirmation from the consulate - so I'm curious how long I should expect it will take to process. All I sent in was the passport as there was no request for more information, but just the passport, so I hope it's a quick turnaround and I'm not stranded in Canada for too long.
Hi I am in same scenario I submitted even earlier then you on 23th November it was delivered and since that time I don’t have any status update. Did you at least got status received?

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
Hi I am in same scenario I submitted even earlier then you on 23th November it was delivered and since that time I don’t have any status update. Did you at least got status received?
I have not received a status that they've received it, have you? I've heard they don't tell you when they received it, but just when they have an update on the status.

saaammm

Oct 4, 2022
Oh your case is different you might went for interview right? I did the Dropbox
Yeah I did the interview. Are you referring to a dropbox like the cloud storage thing? Like you submitted all the documents digitally? Then shipped your passport in physically? Have you already received an approval or it's still pending a decision?

hmz0943

Jan 7, 2019
Yeah I did the interview. Are you referring to a dropbox like the cloud storage thing? Like you submitted all the documents digitally? Then shipped your passport in physically? Have you already received an approval or it's still pending a decision?
No I send my documents with passport through Canada post for visa stamping. No my status show “No Status” still after a week.

Ozzyyy

Dec 25, 2021
Hey all! I just got a request from the Toronto Consulate to courier ship (via their dedicated courier) to the consulate for visa issuance. I'll be shipping it from Calgary to Toronto consulate, then changed the pick up location (where the consulate sends my passport when they're one) to Calgary.

Any experience on how long I can expect from the day I submit it to the courier, to when I can expect to go pick it up? I imagine maybe a few days more considering it's getting shipped across the country. However, any insight here is helpful as I'm bouncing all over the place with travel plans so I'd love to know or be able to anticipate how long it will take. They didn't ask for any documents outside of just my passport so I assume it's as simple as them getting it and processing it, but I have read that you can't inquire about the status until after 6 weeks or something so I just want to make sure it's not going to take ages.
Do you have any update yet

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
hello there! need a quick help plz....i'm eligible for dropbox in CANADA so need to send docs..wondering what is the below?
  • Confirmation letter for your H-1B dropbox appointment

sangappa

Feb 2, 2019
No I send my documents with passport through Canada post for visa stamping. No my status show “No Status” still after a week.
I am also in same boat, Dropbox to Toronto via CanadaPost. Sent: 25 Nov, Delivered: 28th Nov. Since then no update, DS160 tracker shows: "No Status". It more than a week, getting worried now. Atleast received message should have appeared now.