+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Canada Driving License Exchange

naten

Feb 20, 2018
The reasons to get the physical abstract are :
a. The agents don't accept Online prints in some locations.
b. They need it officially from Texas DMV in an envelope. For my friend they have denied exchange in the Etobicoke Drive center as his abstract letter was not folded like mailed in envelope. I would suggest take it as is to them.

In my case at Mississauga Drive test center they didn't ask for folded driving abstract and the agents were pretty cool about it. I would suggest you take a online print with the receipt and visit the drive center to find out what they say about it.
Thank you! My intended landing destination would be Mississauga as well. Can you tell me where did you go exactly? I do not think I can request a physical abstract mailed to a Canadian address from Texas DMW.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thank you! My intended landing destination would be Mississauga as well. Can you tell me where did you go exactly? I do not think I can request a physical abstract mailed to a Canadian address from Texas DMW.
You need to get that mailed to a forwarding address in USA. Probably they can send you the physical abstracts. I would strongly recommend to at least apply the abstract from Texas DMV.
Exchange Center: DriveTest, 255 LongSide Dr. Mississauga, ON

harryrei

Apr 2, 2018
I exchanged my NYS license for an Ontario one. It was very easy to do. I just filled out a form, provided my long abstract which I got from the NYS, and passed an eye test. They took my NYS license and issue me a temporary Ontario license on the spot. My permanent one came in the mail a few weeks later.

But yes, they took my NYS license and I didn't get it back. It really is an "exchange"
Hi there, did your driving experiences(# of years) also get transferred to new driver licence?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
You need to get that mailed to a forwarding address in USA. Probably they can send you the physical abstracts. I would strongly recommend to at least apply the abstract from Texas DMV.
Exchange Center: DriveTest, 255 LongSide Dr. Mississauga, ON
Thank you so much! I will try that as well. And one more question: did you choose the regular driving record or the most expensive one (20$)?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hi there, did your driving experiences(# of years) also get transferred to new driver licence?
I got a full G Ontario License.

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
I got a full G Ontario License.
Hi, Can you please share your experience? I am from Arizona, hoping to receive PR and move to Canada by Jan 2020.
1. Were you able to exchange your US license for a Canadian one?
2. Did the officers in Canada the online version of abstract/driving history?
3. What information did your driving history contain?

Thank you!!!!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi, Can you please share your experience? I am from Arizona, hoping to receive PR and move to Canada by Jan 2020.

Thank you!!!!
check the drivetest website, it will tell which usa states need an abstract. mine was from california and they did not need an abstract, they just looked it up online. seems like some usa states have direct lookups with ontario.

Reactions: 8494193

check the drivetest website, it will tell which usa states need an abstract. mine was from california and they did not need an abstract, they just looked it up online. seems like some usa states have direct lookups with ontario.
Its similar for QC. I too had a CA DL and they had electronic lookup (no physical document needed).

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013

Thank you!!!!
1. Yes, it was very easy
2. They wanted the original copy that I requested to have mailed to me. They wanted my full history
3. Pretty much my complete driving history starting with when I first got my first license.

goyalv

Aug 13, 2018
I am moving to california and having Canadian AZ license and can I transfer to American truck without any exam ?
Or anybody know the procedure?.

dburrows5

Oct 10, 2020
Hey Guys,

I have a situation. I have a expired US Driving licence because my US Visa expired. I need a DL in Canada. How can I get one ? Will they issue my a Canada DL if my US DL is expired?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey Guys,

I have a situation. I have a expired US Driving licence because my US Visa expired. I need a DL in Canada. How can I get one ? Will they issue my a Canada DL if my US DL is expired?
1. Depends on the province and how long the DL has been expired.

dburrows5

Oct 10, 2020
It is been more than 6 months since it got expired and the Province that I will be travelling to is Ontario.
I have requested Driving record from my DMV and it looks clean for last 6 years.