+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply PR from US and wanted to check a question around whether I should include my US born kid in the application.

I am looking for more generic information around what could be the pros/cons of applying for a PR for my kid who is a US citizen. Want to make sure that we are doing the right thing for him and not messing up with any of the US citizen rights and not causing more harm rather than benefits.

Should we include him in the application now or may be sometime in future when we finally decide to move to Canada for good. Which one could be the better option?

I think that since US and Canada both give dual citizenship so we should be fine in getting Canada PR and that would not hurt for him.

Can anyone please check and guide on this? I think many of us are in similar situation so wanted to understand some perspective from personal experiences.

Thank you !!

Regards,
Sachin.
You have to include all dependents. You have a option of selecting accompanying or non accompanying. Other then taxes, there are no special consequences for US citizens.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Guys
How much time SFO consulate takes to provide PCC. Its been more than 2 weeks and they are neither responding on calls or email. Any where else I can contact them. They don't even bother to reply. I am really tensed and confused regarding this. Please help if some one has experienced the same.
Thanks in advance.

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
Any advice on where to do the medical exam in the US Mid West? I would really appreciate any personal experience with these physicians.

I don't see any panel physicians in Ohio or Indiana currently.
The next nearest is in Louisville, Kentucky. But no appointments for the next 45 days.
Farthest among these options and the most expensive is UPMC, Pittsburgh. Appointments available only in mid-June.
Earliest appointment and cheapest of these options are in West Bloomfield, Michigan. It's not a medical center, looks like a home-office.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Any advice on where to do the medical exam in the US Mid West? I would really appreciate any personal experience with these physicians.

The next nearest is in Louisville, Kentucky. But no appointments for the next 45 days.
Farthest among these options and the most expensive is UPMC, Pittsburgh. Appointments available only in mid-June.
Earliest appointment and cheapest of these options are in West Bloomfield, Michigan. It's not a medical center, looks like a home-office.
Ah shoot, there was a good one in Cincinnati when I applied. Can you get to Chicago? There are two there and it's Chicago so you can make a weekend of it. The one in St. Louis may work too. I called them since we were going to be around there one weekend but they only do the exams certain days of the week. They sounded nice (and competent) enough though.

Reactions: american_dream

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Can anyone tell me do we need to send two separate envelopes for husband and wife Indian PCC application to Newyork office or can we send it in one envelope?
Thanx in advance

Arminder_1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Guys
How much time SFO consulate takes to provide PCC. Its been more than 2 weeks and they are neither responding on calls or email. Any where else I can contact them. They don't even bother to reply. I am really tensed and confused regarding this. Please help if some one has experienced the same.
Thanks in advance.
My PCC caem in a little over 2 weeks, so this is normal. And yes they dont pick up the phone or reply to emails, so you are not the only one :)

Ang&Guille

Nov 28, 2017
Hi guys!
We did our landing a couple of weeks ago. We drove through Ambassador Bridge in Detroit. The process was smooth although the officers were kind of confused about it because we were not moving in with our things. We told them we had to go back to the US and get them in a couple of months. They gave us our goods to follow form, we attached the detailed inventory and they stamped everything. We were very prepared to present documents of the process and of course PROOF OF FUNDS and they did not ask for any document at all.
Our only issue was that the officer did not allow us to put a Canadian address for the PR cards to be send there because we were going back to the US, so he put our Minneapolis address instead. We will be moving for good August 15 (90 days from now) and I now the cards are taking 50 to 6 days to be delivered. Anyone know if they allow or mail the cards to US addresses?
I have been trying to change the address online but it is not working. In the website they give a 188 242 2100 number but that only works within Canada? Any ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks!

sbdiuo

Apr 25, 2018

I went to the one in St Louis on April 30. I made the appointment on April 25, so there is a good chance that they are not fully booked. But panel physician works only on Mondays and Fridays. He is very good, reaches you via email before you go to exam and sends you every detail to prevent any mistake. Nurses are also very nice, they know their job. Everything was quick and straightforward for me.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi guys!
We did our landing a couple of weeks ago. We drove through Ambassador Bridge in Detroit. The process was smooth although the officers were kind of confused about it because we were not moving in with our things. We told them we had to go back to the US and get them in a couple of months. They gave us our goods to follow form, we attached the detailed inventory and they stamped everything. We were very prepared to present documents of the process and of course PROOF OF FUNDS and they did not ask for any document at all.
Our only issue was that the officer did not allow us to put a Canadian address for the PR cards to be send there because we were going back to the US, so he put our Minneapolis address instead. We will be moving for good August 15 (90 days from now) and I now the cards are taking 50 to 6 days to be delivered. Anyone know if they allow or mail the cards to US addresses?
I have been trying to change the address online but it is not working. In the website they give a 188 242 2100 number but that only works within Canada? Any ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks!
That's ridiculous thing to do for PR card. I don't know why Detroit Windsor border keep insisting on having 'own' Canadian address for PR. I landed at the same border and they said the same thing to me. Getting US address is as good as bit getting anything. They won't send PR cards to non Canadian address.

Call cic and update it. Online form doesn't work too. This is the number to call from US.. *67 6139444000. *67 is to mask your caller identification, otherwise it'd disconnect US numbers.

apcanada

May 11, 2018

I went to Tulsa to get it done. It's fairly small clinic you can wrap it up quickly. There is another one in St Louis. Where are you in the MidWest ?

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
I went to Tulsa to get it done. It's fairly small clinic you can wrap it up quickly. There is another one in St Louis. Where are you in the MidWest ?
Thank you. Cincinnati, Ohio.