AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
I went to the one in St Louis on April 30. I made the appointment on April 25, so there is a good chance that they are not fully booked. But panel physician works only on Mondays and Fridays. He is very good, reaches you via email before you go to exam and sends you every detail to prevent any mistake. Nurses are also very nice, they know their job. Everything was quick and straightforward for me.
Thank you, close to six hours drive for me. Will call them and see their availability.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Any advice on where to do the medical exam in the US Mid West? I would really appreciate any personal experience with these physicians.

I don't see any panel physicians in Ohio or Indiana currently.
The next nearest is in Louisville, Kentucky. But no appointments for the next 45 days.
Farthest among these options and the most expensive is UPMC, Pittsburgh. Appointments available only in mid-June.
Earliest appointment and cheapest of these options are in West Bloomfield, Michigan. It's not a medical center, looks like a home-office.
Do you already have ITA? If so, when is your invitation expiring ?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
The pieces are slowly coming together... just got my letter of experience from HR today. Only the PCC and medical left before I can submit everything!

Not sure if anyone knows anything about this, but back in December I transferred a lot of money from the bank account I'm using as my POF out into a CD. The account still had plenty left in it and I've even added more to it since then, so I'm well above the threshold for funds. The transfer shows on my statements. Would CIC need an explanation for that large transfer out of the account?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
The pieces are slowly coming together... just got my letter of experience from HR today. Only the PCC and medical left before I can submit everything!

Not sure if anyone knows anything about this, but back in December I transferred a lot of money from the bank account I'm using as my POF out into a CD. The account still had plenty left in it and I've even added more to it since then, so I'm well above the threshold for funds. The transfer shows on my statements. Would CIC need an explanation for that large transfer out of the account?
No, transferring out is not a problem. If money has been transferred IN recently, they want to know the source.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Any advice on where to do the medical exam in the US Mid West? I would really appreciate any personal experience with these physicians.

I don't see any panel physicians in Ohio or Indiana currently.
The next nearest is in Louisville, Kentucky. But no appointments for the next 45 days.
Farthest among these options and the most expensive is UPMC, Pittsburgh. Appointments available only in mid-June.
Earliest appointment and cheapest of these options are in West Bloomfield, Michigan. It's not a medical center, looks like a home-office.
If Canada border is not far, I will strongly advise you to consider going to Canada. It is way cheaper over there. You will find a lot of options and lot of available appointments even on weekends.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You will definitely need to get a FBI clearance certificate for a 4 month old child . In the eyes of CIC even a 4 month child can commit crimes that would make them inadmissible to to Canada. The challenge here would be getting good prints. You will have to probably take the to child to Wilie Wonker to get it done
No, that is not true. It is only needed for adults over 18 years. Was it meant to be sarcastic?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
If Canada border is not far, I will strongly advise you to consider going to Canada. It is way cheaper over there. You will find a lot of options and lot of available appointments even on weekends.
We wl require tourist visa for Canada to go there for medical,Right? Hw much is d cost of tourist visa? Sorry for my ignorance

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
We wl require tourist visa for Canada to go there for medical,Right? Hw much is d cost of tourist visa? Sorry for my ignorance
100 CAD and it takes about 2 weeks to get it. Doctors typically charge less than 200 CAD for the exam. Canadian doctors are also much more practiced with immigration exams and overall have a good attitude. With the USD-CAD exchange rate, it works out great. You can also make a trip out of it and explore the north while you are there.

Ang&Guille

Nov 28, 2017
That's ridiculous thing to do for PR card. I don't know why Detroit Windsor border keep insisting on having 'own' Canadian address for PR. I landed at the same border and they said the same thing to me. Getting US address is as good as bit getting anything. They won't send PR cards to non Canadian address.

Call cic and update it. Online form doesn't work too. This is the number to call from US.. *67 6139444000. *67 is to mask your caller identification, otherwise it'd disconnect US numbers.
Thanks for your response. I'll call tomorrow and will post the result.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
That's ridiculous thing to do for PR card. I don't know why Detroit Windsor border keep insisting on having 'own' Canadian address for PR. I landed at the same border and they said the same thing to me. Getting US address is as good as bit getting anything. They won't send PR cards to non Canadian address.

Call cic and update it. Online form doesn't work too. This is the number to call from US.. *67 6139444000. *67 is to mask your caller identification, otherwise it'd disconnect US numbers.
Good to know in case I face the same issue. Planning to land soon (within next month) at WA-BC border but will be giving them Friend's address in ON for PR card mailing.

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Guys, I received my ITA on May 9th and gearing up with the documents. I had submitted my Indian passport to Washington DC embassy for Indian PCC.
1) Do you know how long it takes ?
2) Can I go ahead for Medicals without original Passport ?
3) While filling the details for my son(minor), there was a place to specify family members not specified in the application. Do I need to provide parents details here (me and my wife) ?

TYI !!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi Guys, I received my ITA on May 9th and gearing up with the documents. I had submitted my Indian passport to Washington DC embassy for Indian PCC.
1) Do you know how long it takes ?
2) Can I go ahead for Medicals without original Passport ?
3) While filling the details for my son(minor), there was a place to specify family members not specified in the application. Do I need to provide parents details here (me and my wife) ?

TYI !!
Passport is must for medicals and they won't accept anything else.

And why are you rushing for medicals? It is best to do medicals just few days before submission of your app, because you will get plenty of time to plan your landing by doing that.

Reactions: sbdiuo