+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
I'd say it just kind of happened. I initially interviewed in April over the phone when I was still in states. They wanted to see me in person and I called them back few weeks ago to see if there were any other openings. They interviewed me once I was in Canada and gave me an offer.

I only used LinkedIn to apply for jobs. I didn't use any other platform (but I applied tons of jobs there). Also I'd suggest you to upgrade skills on latest js languages Angular etc.
That's interesting because I hardly see any jobs on LinkedIn. Hopefully, things change soon. :)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
That's interesting because I hardly see any jobs on LinkedIn. Hopefully, things change soon. :)
I saw a bunch after I looked based on his post: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs

I filtered by Toronto and just put terms like C#, developer, etc.
Yeah IT jobs are not so difficult to at least "see" on Linkedin. There are a bunch of those. However, having an opportunity of an interview while you are in USA is very rare. May be it depends on technology and how rare it is to find talent in that technology.

I'm not from IT so I haven't had much luck getting even interviews.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
I saw a bunch after I looked based on his post: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs

I filtered by Toronto and just put terms like C#, developer, etc.
Yeah IT jobs are not so difficult to at least "see" on Linkedin. There are a bunch of those. However, having an opportunity of an interview while you are in USA is very rare. May be it depends on technology and how rare it is to find talent in that technology.

I'm not from IT so I haven't had much luck getting even interviews.
I think it varies on your technology in IT. I didn't find much luck either on Indeed or LinkedIn.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Anyone in the data-science/statistics job market in Canada? Just submitted application, but if all goes well hoping to move by early next year (fingers crossed). Trying to figure out what job market is like in statistics field.

slowandsteady

Feb 22, 2016
Did you get an interview?
@Mirapakay I noticed on the other thread you got a request to send your Passport directly to Los Angeles Consulate, can you please tell me who signed the receipt of your documents at their office? My USPS says delivered to 550 Hope St, but how do I know who received the documents? Appreciate your help with this, thank you! Sorry for posting in this thread in advance.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
@Mirapakay I noticed on the other thread you got a request to send your Passport directly to Los Angeles Consulate, can you please tell me who signed the receipt of your documents at their office? My USPS says delivered to 550 Hope St, but how do I know who received the documents? Appreciate your help with this, thank you! Sorry for posting in this thread in advance.
Hi,
I don't think there is anyone specifically signed the receipt of documents. Please see below the final message my tracking showed.

June 6, 2019, 12:23 pm
Delivered, Left with Individual
LOS ANGELES, CA 90071
Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 12:23 pm on June 6, 2019 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90071.