+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
PPR email says:

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

I'd say the baby should just send the passport copy like I had to do. I just did a color copy of the biographical (photo) page. I don't have any "amendments" and I doubt your baby does either. I think on a US passport they would be on pages 26-28 or something.
Many Thanks for the info.

Reactions: USProgrammer

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi All,
One quick question on Annex A.

In that there is English and French version, but somehow due to my bad, when I took print out of it from gmail, it converted the french version in English. So I filled and submitted the Annex A which has all English version.

I hope that wont be a problem, as the details (name and address) I filled are all correct.

4axel

Jan 14, 2019
Hello all,

I have a quick question regarding the proof of funds. I have about $60,000 in a CD that I opened 1.5 years ago. I was not employed at the time and was still a student (I saved some of my tuition and worked part-time during that time). Right now I make less than that. If I use my CD for proof of funds do I need to write a LEO to specify the source of funds?

Thank you!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hello all,

I have a quick question regarding the proof of funds. I have about $60,000 in a CD that I opened 1.5 years ago. I was not employed at the time and was still a student (I saved some of my tuition and worked part-time during that time). Right now I make less than that. If I use my CD for proof of funds do I need to write a LEO to specify the source of funds?

Thank you!
I would write a LOE (not LEO - law enforcement officer) to specify what the penalty is for early withdrawal of your CD (like X months interest which equals $Y right now). Other than that, it's liquid and should be fine.

4axel

Jan 14, 2019
I would write a LOE (not LEO - law enforcement officer) to specify what the penalty is for early withdrawal of your CD (like X months interest which equals $Y right now). Other than that, it's liquid and should be fine.
That's what I meant! I see, thank you!

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
I posted this in the other thread but didn't get any response. So, thought I will ask it here again so that someone could shed some light on it.

For those who are working from Canada and coming to US once a month/occasionally, what are you being asked at the POE. My employer keep on saying that commuting to US once a month on B-1 will raise flags at CBP. I want to understand what flags does it raise when I am doing everything as per law?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I posted this in the other thread but didn't get any response. So, thought I will ask it here again so that someone could shed some light on it.

For those who are working from Canada and coming to US once a month/occasionally, what are you being asked at the POE. My employer keep on saying that commuting to US once a month on B-1 will raise flags at CBP. I want to understand what flags does it raise when I am doing everything as per law?
I don't see why a B-1 would be a problem, especially if it's only once a month. That's a pretty normal amount of commuting for business reasons. It would be a problem if that was your primary/significant place of employment.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

It would depend on the legal details of your employment. If you are working in Canada, say for the Canadian office of a US company, and it's very clear that you are a Canadian employee, then visiting once a month would cause no issues at all.

However, if you are the only employee in Canada, and that company is essentially a US company with no base of operations here, then CBP gets more suspicious. You aren't supposed to "work" on a B1 visa. You're supposed to be visiting your head office for meetings/training/etc. If you're a remote employee working out of your home office, and the rest of your company is in the US, you can expect questions if you go too often.

I worked for a large US company, and I flew to the US 8-10 times a year. I never had issues.. but in my case, the US company had a Canadian HQ, multiple locations in Canada and employed more than 8,000 people in Canada. You've heard of this company. Everyone has.

CBP would ask me why I was visiting, and I'd say "Going to Corp HQ for quarterly meeting", and they would stamp the passport and wave me through. I never once had a follow up question.. well, maybe something like "how many days are you going to stay", but nothing more serious.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
It would depend on the legal details of your employment. If you are working in Canada, say for the Canadian office of a US company, and it's very clear that you are a Canadian employee, then visiting once a month would cause no issues at all.

However, if you are the only employee in Canada, and that company is essentially a US company with no base of operations here, then CBP gets more suspicious. You aren't supposed to "work" on a B1 visa. You're supposed to be visiting your head office for meetings/training/etc. If you're a remote employee working out of your home office, and the rest of your company is in the US, you can expect questions if you go too often.

I worked for a large US company, and I flew to the US 8-10 times a year. I never had issues.. but in my case, the US company had a Canadian HQ, multiple locations in Canada and employed more than 8,000 people in Canada. You've heard of this company. Everyone has.

CBP would ask me why I was visiting, and I'd say "Going to Corp HQ for quarterly meeting", and they would stamp the passport and wave me through. I never once had a follow up question.. well, maybe something like "how many days are you going to stay", but nothing more serious.
Thanks @21Goose !That makes sense now. The company doesn't have operations in Canada and I would be the only one working remote.

BTW, I don't know what company you are talking about. :confused:

Sh8888

Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

I’m moving from US to Toronto in October 2019. Looking for people who are moving around the same time who are looking for roommates/group housing.
Indian, female. Hmu if you’re interested.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: USProgrammer

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi everyone,

I’m moving from US to Canada in October 2019. Looking for people who are moving around the same time who are looking for roommates/group housing.
Indian, female. Hmu if you’re interested.

Thanks
Canada is a pretty large country. You might want to specify where you're moving. ;)

Reactions: Sh8888