+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
I asked this in a separate post, but haven't received any responses, so posting the same question here:

My parents want to give me a gift in cash of $1,000 USD, which I will deposit to my savings account. I want to make sure we have documentation that this cash deposit was a gift and not a loan. I have seen a lot of talk about "gift deeds" in these forums, but these are very uncommon in the US unless a real estate property is involved. So, I wanted to ask - what kind of document do I need to prepare and get signed by my parents, given that we are in the US? And should we get it notarized?

Thanks in advance!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I asked this in a separate post, but haven't received any responses, so posting the same question here:

My parents want to give me a gift in cash of $1,000 USD, which I will deposit to my savings account. I want to make sure we have documentation that this cash deposit was a gift and not a loan. I have seen a lot of talk about "gift deeds" in these forums, but these are very uncommon in the US unless a real estate property is involved. So, I wanted to ask - what kind of document do I need to prepare and get signed by my parents, given that we are in the US? And should we get it notarized?

Thanks in advance!
Is the $1,000 going to make the difference between having the proof of funds requirement and not having it? If you already have enough money, it doesn't matter.

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
Is the $1,000 going to make the difference between having the proof of funds requirement and not having it? If you already have enough money, it doesn't matter.
There is a chance that it will cover the difference between what I have and what I need to have, so I want to play it safe.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
That's awfully slim margins, but I would think you could get a notarized letter (check your bank for a notary) from the parents stating that the money is a gift and it is not expected to be repaid ever. Reference the amount, date, and method of transfer of funds.

I don't know what else you could do. Try to save more of your own money too so it's not even a question.

Reactions: sleepspace9

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
I popped back on here because I know this was near the anniversary of our ITA . . . yep, 2 years and 2 days ago! That very unexpected draw only week after the previous one. It was quite the morning :D

I can't believe how much has changed since then - almost all for the better! It's crazy to think back to how stressful that time was. Good luck to everyone going through the process now! It's totally worth it all to be here now :D

Reactions: Mthornt and PrasadK

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I popped back on here because I know this was near the anniversary of our ITA . . . yep, 2 years and 2 days ago! That very unexpected draw only week after the previous one. It was quite the morning :D

I can't believe how much has changed since then - almost all for the better! It's crazy to think back to how stressful that time was. Good luck to everyone going through the process now! It's totally worth it all to be here now :D
The CRS isn't better. :(

Reactions: PrasadK

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Welcome. I moved two weeks ago and was lucky enough to find a full time job within two days albeit I already had interviews scheduled from when I was living in US.
Occupation/NOC?

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
That's potentially great news for me! I'm 2174 too.

How did you arrange the interviews? Any other tips?
I'd say it just kind of happened. I initially interviewed in April over the phone when I was still in states. They wanted to see me in person and I called them back few weeks ago to see if there were any other openings. They interviewed me once I was in Canada and gave me an offer.

I only used LinkedIn to apply for jobs. I didn't use any other platform (but I applied tons of jobs there). Also I'd suggest you to upgrade skills on latest js languages Angular etc.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I'd say it just kind of happened. I initially interviewed in April over the phone when I was still in states. They wanted to see me in person and I called them back few weeks ago to see if there were any other openings. They interviewed me once I was in Canada and gave me an offer.

I only used LinkedIn to apply for jobs. I didn't use any other platform (but I applied tons of jobs there). Also I'd suggest you to upgrade skills on latest js languages Angular etc.
I'm a backend .Net dev, not frontend. Hopefully there are some backend jobs there.