+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Regarding First Landing

nasar_peace

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Dear Helpful Friends,

I'm Federal Immigrant and landing on 17th of September, 2018, at Toronto airport. My intended province is Ontario but now I want to go to Edmonton, Alberta. On my COPR my intended province is ON but actually I've tickets for Alberta, after 2 days of landing at Toronto. Could you please guide me how to make it smooth? I mean can I request the immigration officer to change my intended province. I've left only one day so kindly help me.
Kind regards,
Nasar

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Once you have completed your landing you can live and work wherever you want, there is no obligation to stay in Ontario and no need to change anything on the COPR.If you were approved through a provincial nomination then sure there is a moral obligation to give that province a go, but legally there is no restriction.

I would not bother saying anything to CBSA as that can just confuse matters, just complete your landing , provide a Canada address for your PR card and if you have time collect your SIN if Service Canada open at the airport. Remote possibility if you give an Edmonton address for your PR card that might generate a question but thats all.

Last edited: