+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello... Could you please share with me your reason? I want to apply for a government job and I need to be a citizen to be qualified to apply for it. Does that count? Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks.
If you have proof that you applied and you qualify for the job or even better have proof that citizenship is delaying your hiring. Most government jobs don’t require citizenship.

haak000

Jan 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have a question, and if someone knows and answers me, I would be happy. I completed the required days of citizenship, and I am working on the application form and other required documents. This is my situation: I got my PR through asylum. My father has been cancer which is stage 4 (last level) and I have his health report.

I am sure that you guys already read this statement:
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
I assume that only people who got their PR through asylum cannot use their nationality passport, so I believe this situation applies to my case. I asked a few people, and they said that even if I apply for urgent progress because of my father's situation, my application may take longer than usual because of getting PR as an asylum seeker. However, it does not seem logical to me. I just wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts too? Or is there anyone who had or has the same situation and knows the answer?

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a question, and if someone knows and answers me, I would be happy. I completed the required days of citizenship, and I am working on the application form and other required documents. This is my situation: I got my PR through asylum. My father has been cancer which is stage 4 (last level) and I have his health report.

• needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
I assume that only people who got their PR through asylum cannot use their nationality passport, so I believe this situation applies to my case. I asked a few people, and they said that even if I apply for urgent progress because of my father's situation, my application may take longer than usual because of getting PR as an asylum seeker. However, it does not seem logical to me. I just wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts too? Or is there anyone who had or has the same situation and knows the answer?

Thank you
What you have is a valid reason to apply for urgent processing IMO. Along with your application, please submit proof for need of urgent travel (your father's documents) and a letter of explanation clearly explaining that your father is very sick and you'll have to travel at the earliest but you can't travel because you don't have any other passport (and you can't get a passport).

However, in the end, it is up to IRCC to approve this request. Make sure you are firm (but polite) in your letter of explanation.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ahmadd

homecanadaUNstaff

May 13, 2019
Submitted 1 application on 28 Jun 2021 on an urgent basis. Reason given was employment outside Canada.
Received 2 July 2021
When do you think I should expect the AOR?
Thanks

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hello

I have applied citizenship on February 2021, thinking it will be faster than the paper processing. To my horror it's July 2021, 5 months and there is no AOR even.

I am struggling with my job due to not having citizenship and also I can't leave the country because when it will start there is no timeline. I check the processing times and it shows AOR sent for April 2021.

Do you think I should apply again with paper application and urgent processing? or is there a way if I can use the same application for urgent processing? I even have an employer letter.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

I have applied citizenship on February 2021, thinking it will be faster than the paper processing. To my horror it's July 2021, 5 months and there is no AOR even.

I am struggling with my job due to not having citizenship and also I can't leave the country because when it will start there is no timeline. I check the processing times and it shows AOR sent for April 2021.

Do you think I should apply again with paper application and urgent processing? or is there a way if I can use the same application for urgent processing? I even have an employer letter.
Answered your question here.

About Urgent Processing... If you have a valid reason for urgent processing, you can send a webform to IRCC and request Urgent processing (and provide evidence as to why you need urgent processing) for the same application. You don't have to submit another application just to request UP.

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your reply. I do have good reason.

Answered your question here.

About Urgent Processing... If you have a valid reason for urgent processing, you can send a webform to IRCC and request Urgent processing (and provide evidence as to why you need urgent processing) for the same application. You don't have to submit another application just to request UP.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
If you have proof that you applied and you qualify for the job or even better have proof that citizenship is delaying your hiring. Most government jobs don’t require citizenship.
It's a catch-22. Such jobs (requiring security clearance) require that you possess Canadian citizenship at the time of application. For example, the following is from the FAQ of the CSIS website:

Can a permanent resident (PR) apply?
You must be a Canadian citizen to work for CSIS. If you apply now and you do not meet this requirement, your application will not be considered.

In cases like this, the applicant will never be able to produce proof that lack of citizenship is the sole reason the candidate cannot get the job, because his/her application will not even have been considered.

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Are there any Montreal applicants here who submitted UP requests. Could you share your experience after you passed the test? Did Montreal ever called you regarding urgent processing? What was your personal experience? Thanks.

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Thank you
i do apply with same situation and they process my application urgent. I’m waiting for oath now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's a catch-22. Such jobs (requiring security clearance) require that you possess Canadian citizenship at the time of application. For example, the following is from the FAQ of the CSIS website:

Can a permanent resident (PR) apply?
You must be a Canadian citizen to work for CSIS. If you apply now and you do not meet this requirement, your application will not be considered.

In cases like this, the applicant will never be able to produce proof that lack of citizenship is the sole reason the candidate cannot get the job, because his/her application will not even have been considered.
CSIS is a very specific example. Most positions do not require the same clearance level as an employee of CSIS.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Thank you
If your father is living in your home country it is tough to say if you will be given urgent processing because of your protected person status and your desire to return to the country that you were seeking protection from. No harm trying.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
CSIS is a very specific example. Most positions do not require the same clearance level as an employee of CSIS.
If a job doesn't require the level of security clearance that only Canadian citizens can pass, then those jobs shouldn't require Canadian citizenship to begin with. Can you think of a counter-example?