+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If a job doesn't require the level of security clearance that only Canadian citizens can pass, then those jobs shouldn't require Canadian citizenship to begin with. Can you think of a counter-example?
CSIS is a very specific example. Most positions do not require the same clearance level as an employee of CSIS.
Not sure if this is a valid example but check this out :

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1630886

This job is with the RCMP and it requires a Top Secret Security Clearance (that is usually only given to Canadian Citizens) but all "Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad" can apply for this job.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Not sure if this is a valid example but check this out :

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1630886

This job is with the RCMP and it requires a Top Secret Security Clearance (that is usually only given to Canadian Citizens) but all "Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad" can apply for this job.
Actually, the counter-example I had in mind would be a job that doesn't require top security clearance (that only citizens can pass), but still requires Canadian citizenship for job applicants. This is because the other poster was saying that the CSIS job is an exception.

The RCMP job listing you posted actually states this: "Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents". It doesn't even say that PRs can apply with the condition that they acquire Citizenship by the time they begin employment. This means that the "RCMP Top Secret Security Clearance" requirement in the job description can be obtained by permanent residents. At any rate, because the job description doesn't state that only Canadian citizens can apply for (or accept) the job, this job cannot be used as a reason for IRCC urgent processing of citizenship TO BEGIN WITH.

This then brings this question: What kind of jobs (other than the CSIS type) require Canadian citizenship (to the exclusion of permanent residents) to apply for or accept?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
I also requested UP for a job in CSIS that clearley states that you need to be a citizen to apply. But i do not see any progress on my application. Could be that Montreal does not care at all? LOL

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
I cannot get a national passport because of being a refugee and i have a job offer from another country which requires a national passport for issuing a work visa . Does this situation count as urgent ? I’ve already applied as a normal applicant and have been waiting since oct 2019
There is no harm in requesting if you have valid job offer. May be they approve your request. Worse case worse they will not approve your request for urgent processing and keep you in normal process. But mostly if job is out of canada chances are less for urgent processing approval. But as i say no harm trying if you have job offer letter.

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone
My husband sent a request for urgent processing and got the reply that if he needs to do urgent processing he has to do through the webform, and thats what he did. Question is what should he select from the drop down menu as they dont have an option that says urgent processing of citizenship, and when he send it the first time he sent the required documents with it, im not sure whats going on..any help please?
Just select Citizenship option from drop down menu and after that explain your situation in message box. That's how it works

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
Hi i received passport request letter after citizenship test. They want me to send scan copy of all passport pages during which i held during eligibility period. Anyone who receive this letter? what does this letter mean is this alternative for interview?? My test is completed background is completed. Rest of everything in progress and oath not started.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi i received passport request letter after citizenship test. They want me to send scan copy of all passport pages during which i held during eligibility period. Anyone who receive this letter? what does this letter mean is this alternative for interview?? My test is completed background is completed. Rest of everything in progress and oath not started.
Yes, quite a few people have received this letter (I received it too). It likely is an alternative for interview, yes but there is still a small chance you'll get an interview request (from what I have seen, the number of interview requests has gone down lately).

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
I also requested UP for a job in CSIS that clearley states that you need to be a citizen to apply. But i do not see any progress on my application. Could be that Montreal does not care at all? LOL
They might be checking if your background/experience matches with the JD. Did you call the contact centre to check the status of your request?

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
They might be checking if your background/experience matches with the JD. Did you call the contact centre to check the status of your request?
I called but they do not provide any info on urgent processing at all. Several times called and they told me that the can never see if it was accepted as urgent or not. (((

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I called but they do not provide any info on urgent processing at all. Several times called and they told me that the can never see if it was accepted as urgent or not. (((
Did u get job offer from csis or u are planning to apply after getting citizenship?

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
Hello everyone
I have a question, last week I send letter on webform for urgent citizenship process , today I received this email :

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the instructions.

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

is it mean my request was rejected ?

thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone
I have a question, last week I send letter on webform for urgent citizenship process , today I received this email :

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the instructions.

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

is it mean my request was rejected ?

thanks
No. It means that this is a boilerplate response and you'd have to submit documentation to prove that you have an urgent need for citizenship.

Reactions: scorp101