+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
No. It means that this is a boilerplate response and you'd have to submit documentation to prove that you have an urgent need for citizenship.
I'm a student Pilot, and I want to apply for The Royal Canadian Air Forces, which I need to be a Canadian citizen in order to join the Air Forces , I can't ask the army for letter , do u have any idea what can I do in this situation , thank you

toethumb2017

Dec 1, 2017
I'm a student Pilot, and I want to apply for The Royal Canadian Air Forces, which I need to be a Canadian citizen in order to join the Air Forces , I can't ask the army for letter , do u have any idea what can I do in this situation , thank you
I was told by a recruiter that I must become a citizen before being eligible to apply.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was told by a recruiter that I must become a citizen before being eligible to apply.
Yup, looks like it. Looks like you'll have to wait and become a Canadian Citizen before applying to the Air Force.

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
I have a weird situation and I would appreciate any feedback.
Application sent end of May 2020.
AOR end of Oct 2020.
1st urgent request sent Nov 3rd 2020.
In process Nov 30th 2020.
Everyone they keep telling me we can't make a decision yet regarding your urgent request until Background is completed. I said ok let's see.
I moved to Toronto on March 2021, however, my primary office is still Edmonton.

No update till:
April 10 2021 fingerprint request.
Finger print completed April 20 2021.
RCMP sent the results to IRCC Vancouver on May 25th 2021.
IRCC received my results Jun 3rd 2021.
Background completed Jun 9th 2021.
After that I submitted 2 different urgent requests again!
On Jun 25th 2021a different office (not my primary Edmonton) approved my urgent request.
I called last week to follow up they told me why a different office approved my request not Edmonton. They said they will escalate this... I said ok...

Today I called them, they advised me that the officer sent me a residency form by mail. Once received I need to fill and send back.
What kind of residency form we are talking about here? And why by mail not email?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AOR end of Oct 2020.
Everyone they keep telling me we can't make a decision yet regarding your urgent request until Background is completed. I said ok let's see.

No update till:
On Jun 25th 2021a different office (not my primary Edmonton) approved my urgent request.
I called last week to follow up they told me why a different office approved my request not Edmonton. They said they will escalate this... I said ok...

Today I called them, they advised me that the officer sent me a residency form by mail. Once received I need to fill and send back.
What kind of residency form we are talking about here? And why by mail not email?

Thanks
Any chance they said residency questionnaire rather than residency form?

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Any chance they said residency questionnaire rather than residency form?
The agent from call center stated that the officer sent me the residency form by mail and I should receive it soon... that's weird! When I did the residency calculator when I submitted my application, I did actually include all my work and study permits before I received my PR status. I submitted/signed my application almost a week after I was eligible for my 2 years PR status in addition to 1 year credit when I was under work permit. Totally weird......

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
AOR end of Oct 2020.

No update till:

Thanks
I have 3 assumptions actually, just assumptions:
1. It's a CIT0520 form that asks for supplementary documents (normally passport request), but I haven't seen one being issued by mail during this pandemic (based on the forum), so this might be unlikely.
2. Maybe it's some kind of form that asks you to update your location? - Again, never seen this being requested since address change can be finished online.
3. the full-blown CIT0171 residence questionnaire - they might have doubt about your physical presence so they need you to complete it, this also diverts your process into non-routine processing. If this was the one that was issued, this is not a good news, RQ can extend the process by months if not years.

Reactions: scylla

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
The agent from call center stated that the officer sent me the residency form by mail and I should receive it soon... that's weird! When I did the residency calculator when I submitted my application, I did actually include all my work and study permits before I received my PR status. I submitted/signed my application almost a week after I was eligible for my 2 years PR status in addition to 1 year credit when I was under work permit. Totally weird......
Just saw this when I was finishing my other post. I do think they issued you a full-blown RQ. Your case was definitely cutting-it-close (slightly over 1095 days). They might have reasonable doubts about your physical presence. A full-blown CIT0171 (old version) can be seen here: https://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit-0171-7-2014-e.pdf

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
1. It's a CIT0520 form that asks for supplementary documents (normally passport request), but I haven't seen one being issued by mail during this pandemic (based on the forum), so this might be unlikely.
2. Maybe it's some kind of form that asks you to update your location? - Again, never seen this being requested since address change can be finished online.
3. the full-blown CIT0171 residence questionnaire - they might have doubt about your physical presence so they need you to complete it, this also diverts your process into non-routine processing. If this was the one that was issued, this is not a good news, RQ can extend the process by months if not years.
Hopefully not! Because unfortunately I don't have a valid passport of my country of residence (I have already explained everything when I submitted the application in May last year).... so we will see... that's totally weird and it's making me frustrated as Edmonton office was not helpful at all and from other posts I see they are super slow.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed. I was thinking it might be option #3 given it's being sent via mail. OP will have to wait and see.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Agreed. I was thinking it might be option #3 given it's being sent via mail. OP will have to wait and see.
If you see the OP's reply to yours - I do think the third option is quite likely. CIT0520 is mostly requested by email, I haven't seen one being asked over mail for some time now. And it is a cutting-it-close case so a full RQ seems quite likely unfortunately.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Everyone... So I submitted an urgent processing request for my application yesterday for the offer I got last friday.

I got a job offer from Canada Post (Federal) and used that offer letter as proof of my request for urgent processing of my application.

Anyone in this group is from the Windsor office who submitted an urgent processing request?

Also, for all of you who submitted an urgent request, did you submit it through an online forum or you sent it directly to the email address mentioned in the citizenship test invite letter?

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
AOR end of Oct 2020.

No update till:

Thanks
Guess what! When I checked my mail today I found a letter from IRCC (the one the agent mentioned) basically they are asking for a full photocopies of my passport translated to English (my passport is expired a couple years ago and unable to renew it, I have already explained why to IRCC when I first submitted the application). Apparently, they are questioning if I did leave Canada during the past 6 years. Can't they see or access my records? I never left since I came to Canada lol
Hopefully this won't cost me that much as it is a full passport translation (50 pages).....

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Guess what! When I checked my mail today I found a letter from IRCC (the one the agent mentioned) basically they are asking for a full photocopies of my passport translated to English (my passport is expired a couple years ago and unable to renew it, I have already explained why to IRCC when I first submitted the application). Apparently, they are questioning if I did leave Canada during the past 6 years. Can't they see or access my records? I never left since I came to Canada lol
Hopefully this won't cost me that much as it is a full passport translation (50 pages).....
That's a huge relief, but it's also new to me that they requested that over mail. It's not about whether they can access that record or not, it's becoming a new standard these days. By requesting passport copies to make sure of your physical presence instead of an interview. It's gonna be some what costly but trust me, you don't want to get a full-blown RQ - that can extend the process by an infinite amount of time.