+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Any clue the requirements for urgent processing? On the CIC website it just mentions for benefits, job or travel for death or illness. However, I have an issue with my bank, they are asking for proof of residency in Canada. I lost PR few years ago and I knew I was planning to become citizen so I never renewed PR. So now my bank wants a valid PR or Canadian citizenship. Do you think that would be considered for urgent processing? I have already passed citizenship test. Just waiting for next steps.
application sent: dec 2019
Application received: Jan 2020
AOR: feb 2020
In processing: sept 2020
Test completed: March 2021
Single applicant
I don't think so. IRCC will very likely ask you to renew your PR card instead.

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, my son application framework:
Application sent: February 11th 2021
Application delivered: February 16, 2021
AOR: April 13th 2021
Started processing his application: May 12, 2021
Background verification: completed on May 17, 2021
Citizenship test: to take his online citizenship test between June 8, 2021 and June 29, 2021

We are confused, why to do a citizenship test now...while physical presence, language skills, and prohibitions are still in progress.....
My son has requested an Urgent Processing (he planned to join the Canadian Armed forces in September 2021).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, my son application framework:
Application sent: February 11th 2021
Application delivered: February 16, 2021
AOR: April 13th 2021
Started processing his application: May 12, 2021
Background verification: completed on May 17, 2021
Citizenship test: to take his online citizenship test between June 8, 2021 and June 29, 2021

We are confused, why to do a citizenship test now...while physical presence, language skills, and prohibitions are still in progress.....
My son has requested an Urgent Processing (he planned to join the Canadian Armed forces in September 2021).
Physical presence, Language skills, and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" only AFTER the test. If your son receives an interview invite after this, then the aforementioned statuses will be set to "Completed" only after the interview. This is the normal flow of status updates.

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
I have contacted canadian force recruiter about cover letter ; he said they dont offer letters anymore to help expedite immigration process .

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Application received May 28th, 2020
AOR Oct 30th, 2020
Urgent request Nov 5th, 2020
In progress Nov 30th, 2020
Fingerprint requested April 10th, 2021
Fingerprint completed at an accredited RCMP agency April 20th, 2021
RCMP completed and mailed the results to IRCC on May 22th, 2022
IRCC received results on June 1st, 2021
Background verification completed on June 10th, 2021
Primary office is Edmonton, AB.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
How is local office decided, when i read, i see many saying case went to local office from sydney, is it based on applicant's residing address? for ex: if you reside in Victoria, the application will go to victoria local office (if office exists there)?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How is local office decided, when i read, i see many saying case went to local office from sydney, is it based on applicant's residing address? for ex: if you reside in Victoria, the application will go to victoria local office (if office exists there)?
The local office is generally determined by the residential postal code of the applicant. However, sometimes, the local office can be an office that is not responsible for that postal code - This can happen because of something like workload re-distribution or other operational reasons.

Reactions: karthicktalk

dmda

Mar 2, 2016
Has anyone had any luck applying for UP based on:
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality.
My mother is waiting for citizenship oath forever. Apparently Montreal office has done almost no Oath ceremonies this year. Her interview was on April 18th (no test - she's over 55).
Her parents are both in really bad health condition back in the home country. We gathered their medical papers. I plan to translate them to English (hopefully won't need a certified translation), and attach them to the application as proof. Now how strict is the "can’t get a passport in your current nationality" part? Sure she can just leave the country with her current passport and have her Citizenship process get delayed forever - I guess it's not considered a problem, right? Anybody been in this situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has anyone had any luck applying for UP based on:
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality.
My mother is waiting for citizenship oath forever. Apparently Montreal office has done almost no Oath ceremonies this year. Her interview was on April 18th (no test - she's over 55).
Her parents are both in really bad health condition back in the home country. We gathered their medical papers. I plan to translate them to English (hopefully won't need a certified translation), and attach them to the application as proof. Now how strict is the "can’t get a passport in your current nationality" part? Sure she can just leave the country with her current passport and have her Citizenship process get delayed forever - I guess it's not considered a problem, right? Anybody been in this situation.
Typically this means you are a refugee claimant or stateless and therefore cannot obtain a passport for your current nationality.

Does she hold a valid passport at this time? Is she a refugee claimant or stateless?

dmda

Mar 2, 2016
Typically this means you are a refugee claimant or stateless and therefore cannot obtain a passport for your current nationality.

Does she hold a valid passport at this time? Is she a refugee claimant or stateless?
Thanks for reply @scylla
Yes, she has a passport, is not a refugee. I guess we're out of luck here.
I wonder what happens if her passport expires. To replace the passport, we have to wait for months just to get an appointment in the consulate (due to covid) and they will take more than a year to produce a new passport. Wonder if that would be enough grounds for an application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for reply @scylla
Yes, she has a passport, is not a refugee. I guess we're out of luck here.
I wonder what happens if her passport expires. To replace the passport, we have to wait for months just to get an appointment in the consulate (due to covid) and they will take more than a year to produce a new passport. Wonder if that would be enough grounds for an application.
IMO that won't be sufficient for expedited processing. She can renew her home country passport. So she doesn't meet the second criteria (i.e. "you can’t get a passport in your current nationality"). But I guess you can try.

Reactions: dmda

Gene1308

Oct 19, 2018
Local Office : Ottawa
Application Sent : January 2, 2021
Application Received : January 9, 2021
AOR received : March 9, 2021
Urgent Request : March 9 2021 ( Sent Urgent Request using Webform the same day I received AOR, reason: I am a Business woman, own a company,and need to do some business trips in fall 2021)
In-Process : March 29, 2021
Test Invite letter date : May 18, 2021
Test Date : May 25, 2021, passed 20/20
DECISION MADE: June 9 (no interview)
Oath Invitation Date : June 24 2021 (by email)
Oath Ceremony scheduled : June 30, 2021

It is not just government jobs that are admissible to urgent process. As business men / women, our jobs are even more essential. Without us, no Canadian economy.

All the best to everybody!