Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
zara1986 said:
I had to come I had no choice. I was hoping I would get my card this week and friends could mail it to me but unfortunately it didn't. my flight back to Canada is on Thursday. I'm coming from Iran. no idea what to do?
You have three options:

1 - Fly through Turkey and apply for travel document in Istanbul
2 - Fly through the US. Land in Detroit and then drive from Detroit to Toronto (You can re-enter Canada by land via car with your COPR). You'll need to have a valid US Visa to use this option (probably B1/B2)
3 - Delay your trip.

I am waiting for my PR card too. I had the same issue with pictures. I resent new pictures March 15th. I'm still waiting. I am traveling . I am flying back into Detriot and driving into Toronto from Detroit (crossing by land with COPR) unless my PR card arrives by April 19th, this is my plan

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I would go through Turkey but the problem is they operate through vfs and travel document takes about 3-5 weeks. I'm planning to send my application to Ankara but my concern is that if I receive my pr card before travel document I won't be able to go back to Canada because of my passport.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read somewhere on this forum that once you receive your PR visa, any prior visas (student, visitor, etc) are no longer valid.

I wonder how you can't fool airlines and use old visas (if not expired yet)? Do they physically remove visa stamps from your passport? Or stamp them as INVALID? How does it work?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
jickson said:
I read somewhere on this forum that once you receive your PR visa, any prior visas (student, visitor, etc) are no longer valid.

I wonder how you can't fool airlines and use old visas (if not expired yet)? Do they physically remove visa stamps from your passport? Or stamp them as INVALID? How does it work?
If you carry them with u when u do landing then they take it and destroy. If you don't carry it with you then they advise u to destroy them urself.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:

They cross your current visa and permanent resident visa as invalid. If you bring your permit(s) with you when you do your landing. they take it and destroy it. If you don't, they advise you to destroy it yourself. Once you are a PR, your existing visa(s)/permit(s) are invalid.