+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Mistake in documents submission of PR Application

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I received the ITA on November 29, 2018 and submitted the application on December 29, 2018. A few days after the submission I realized that I made the following mistake: uploaded only the legalized translations of (1) my police certificate, (2) my husband's police certificate, (3) marriage certificate and (4) my 2 children birth certificates, without uploading the original documents which are in Arabic language.
What should I do now? Is there any way I can fix this issue? What are the chances of getting rejected for this reason?
PS.I have all the original Arabic documents available, in case they require them.

Sherlok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I received the ITA on November 29, 2018 and submitted the application on December 29, 2018. A few days after the submission I realized that I made the following mistake: uploaded only the legalized translations of (1) my police certificate, (2) my husband's police certificate, (3) marriage certificate and (4) my 2 children birth certificates, without uploading the original documents which are in Arabic language.
What should I do now? Is there any way I can fix this issue? What are the chances of getting rejected for this reason?
PS.I have all the original Arabic documents available, in case they require them.
Please upload all the scans of the original documents using a CSE web form. They are critical documents and will lead to a rejection of your application without them and only translations.

CSE Webform.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you. Yes I will do that today. Could it be that its too late already and the new documents won't reach on time? (5 days have passed since submission of application)

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Thank you. Yes I will do that today. Could it be that its too late already and the new documents won't reach on time? (5 days have passed since submission of application)
Once you send them through the CSE form, call CIC and make sure you talk to an agent to let them know that you have raised a CSE. That way, they can put a note on your profile about the CSE. There have been times when people were rejected for missing documents even though they have raised a CSE but the agent checking their documents wasn't aware that they had raised a CSE.

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Once you send them through the CSE form, call CIC and make sure you talk to an agent to let them know that you have raised a CSE. That way, they can put a note on your profile about the CSE. There have been times when people were rejected for missing documents even though they have raised a CSE but the agent checking their documents wasn't aware that they had raised a CSE.
Is it easy to reach a CIC agent by phone? What is the best time to call

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I just received a response from ircc confirming the receipt of my documents submitted through the ircc web form. And it also said:
"We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration".

Does it mean the new documents will definitely be attached to my application and I can relax?

Reactions: Rizlene

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I just received a response from ircc confirming the receipt of my documents submitted through the ircc web form. And it also said:
"We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration".

Does it mean the new documents will definitely be attached to my application and I can relax?
Just relax, you did your best. Should be fine.
The completeness check will be done 20-30 days approx. after AOR. So if you don't hear from them after around that time, you'll know documents were accepted with your update.
Good thing you caught that mistake! It was 100% certain rejection if you hadn't sent them via CSE.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019

There are 2 types of replies after you submit a CSE:
1) Automated response email.
2) Proper email that mentions all the documents you have attached.

So if you received proper reply advising what all documents have been attached then are all good ....

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019

Hello, I'm in the same situation, I raised a CSE with the scan copy of my diploma. I received only the automatic message. How much did it take to get a proper response ?
Thanks in adavance

Last edited:

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Hello, how can we contact them to confirm ?
I raised a CSE to add a document on Friday March 1th but I only get the automatic reply.
Thanks in adavnce

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Just relax, you did your best. Should be fine.
The completeness check will be done 20-30 days approx. after AOR. So if you don't hear from them after around that time, you'll know documents were accepted with your update.
Good thing you caught that mistake! It was 100% certain rejection if you hadn't sent them via CSE.
Hello, I'm in the same situation, I raised a CSE with the scan copy of my diploma. I received only the automatic message. How much did it take to get a proper response ?
Thanks in adavance

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks in adavance
I Didn't have to submit anything through CSE, but don't expect a response other than the standard "We have received your message".
If you submitted it, you should be fine, and thankfully you caught the mistake on time. Because if you didn't, your application would have most certainly got rejected due to missing document.
It will be at officer's discretion to accept it or not. The completeness check is done right around Medicals. So if you pass medicals, you can be confident you passed the completeness check.

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
I Didn't have to submit anything through CSE, but don't expect a response other than the standard "We have received your message".
If you submitted it, you should be fine, and thankfully you caught the mistake on time. Because if you didn't, your application would have most certainly got rejected due to missing document.
It will be at officer's discretion to accept it or not. The completeness check is done right around Medicals. So if you pass medicals, you can be confident you passed the completeness check.
Thank you for the reply, what I've noticed is that my automatic reply is different from what I can see above.
Nowhere it is said that "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration".
Here below what I received, I don't know what to think about that !

*** This is an automated message ***
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Note:
· We will not respond if you have not completed all the mandatory fields on the form,
· Submitting the same request multiple times will not expedite the processing of your enquiry,
· We can only communicate with you in one of our two official languages: English or French,
· For non-case specific enquiries, visit the online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-int.asp> on our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>. You can search by typing keywords.
If you are contacting us about:
· Your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) application:
o we will respond to you as soon as we can,
o most applications are approved within minutes,
o check the junk mail folder of the email address you provided on your eTA application form. Some spam filters may block automated emails from IRCC.
For all other enquiries:
- The turnaround time for a response is 5 business days, and you may expect an answer if:
o you have submitted an application and your application has exceeded normal processing times<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp>,
o you wish to report important changes or an urgent request,
o you wish to change or add a representative, or
o you wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services.
Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
etc ....

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you for the reply, what I've noticed is that my automatic reply is different from what I can see above.
Nowhere it is said that "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration".
Here below what I received, I don't know what to think about that !

*** This is an automated message ***
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Note:
· We will not respond if you have not completed all the mandatory fields on the form,
· Submitting the same request multiple times will not expedite the processing of your enquiry,
· We can only communicate with you in one of our two official languages: English or French,
· For non-case specific enquiries, visit the online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-int.asp> on our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>. You can search by typing keywords.
If you are contacting us about:
· Your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) application:
o we will respond to you as soon as we can,
o most applications are approved within minutes,
o check the junk mail folder of the email address you provided on your eTA application form. Some spam filters may block automated emails from IRCC.
For all other enquiries:
- The turnaround time for a response is 5 business days, and you may expect an answer if:
o you have submitted an application and your application has exceeded normal processing times<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp>,
o you wish to report important changes or an urgent request,
o you wish to change or add a representative, or
o you wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services.
Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
etc ....
Yes this is the standard message you get at first, then after a few days, you may receive a message saying that the files and message have been forwarded. But not always.
But the most important thing is that you uploaded the document, and it will be attached to your file. It just needs to be reviewed by the agent/officer assigned to your case.