+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT- Letter of Introduction after Stamped Passport?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Acknowledged changed the wording to "printed" hope the community benefits the info.
Please watch how you refer to how the counterfoil is fixed on a passport. You are forbidden to use the term "stamped" when discussing this matter with @Bishops2020 .....(I'm just teasing you). Technically you should receive a Letter of Introduction in your GC account once the counterfoil has been placed/fixed/glued to your passport. I have heard that some don't get it, but instead receive a note that it's been uploaded/updated on their system so the CBSA officer will see it when you are arrive.

amschel

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
It’s most likely in the queue to be checked. What was the last VFS global status?
It said it was in transit to IRCC on the 5th but two days ago VFS sent two mails. One said decision enveloped received at VAC OC and will be sent to VAC OC while the second said in transit to IRCC again. Someone else that got these two said VFS said it was an error. Thats what confuses me

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
It said it was in transit to IRCC on the 5th but two days ago VFS sent two mails. One said decision enveloped received at VAC OC and will be sent to VAC OC while the second said in transit to IRCC again. Someone else that got these two said VFS said it was an error. Thats what confuses me
I got the same.. Don't worry about it. VFS is kinda weird with their updates. What country are you in?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Logistics? No i doubt. I havent even gotten status changed to "Approved". No counterfoil, no LOI.
Your status will not change to approved until the counterfoil is updated in your account. Does it not say under status "your application has been approved"?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
This post is super helpful in deciding VFS statuses https://www.am22tech.com/ca/vfs-message-meaning/ . If you have a question about an error, call VFS directly (they are easier to reach to than IRCC)

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Your status will not change to approved until the counterfoil is updated in your account. Does it not say under status "your application has been approved"?
Under "Final Decision" not under "Status" I meant to say.

amschel

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
It's only final decision that says application has been approved. Elig and BG still in process

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
It's only final decision that says application has been approved. Elig and BG still in process
My friend... Please sit back and relaxed. You're passport will be sent back to you in a couple of days or a few. You have been approved. Now enjoy this feeling and stop stressing. Life is good.

Reactions: amschel

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Don’t worry, we all went through this. What will happen next is that you’ll receive “counterfoil” in your GC Key and then you’ll get Letter of introduction

kapuska

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
My friend... Please sit back and relaxed. You're passport will be sent back to you in a couple of days or a few. You have been approved. Now enjoy this feeling and stop stressing. Life is good.
Let me be the bad police, Canada could announce lockdown soon