+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT- Letter of Introduction after Stamped Passport?

Bazingaa05

Nov 15, 2020
Hi, It has been around 5 days since I got my stamped passport back from VFS, but IRCC still hasn't issued me a Letter of Introduction (POE Letter), is anyone else in the same situation? Does anyone know,why the delay? I was under the idea that it is issued automatically once stamped

Last edited:
Reactions: sami26

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
@Bishops2020

Hope you share your POE letter timeline (after getting stamped) .
My daughter's passport won't be stamped unless she asks the CBSA officer for a stamp. She already has a letter of introduction, she got it on 21st October, it was in GCKEY a few hours after the change in policy to allow non US international students to travel if they institution was on the DLI covid ready list. Her study permit was approved on 22 June but it was archived, so it took to 21st October to receive it.

Reactions: Ironclad

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hi, It has been around 5 days since I got my stamped passport back from VFS, but IRCC still hasn't issued me a Letter of Introduction (POE Letter), is anyone else in the same situation? Does anyone know,why the delay? I was under the idea that it is issued automatically once stamped
Only CBSA stamps passports, you are probably referring to fixing your TRV in passport, that isn't a stamp.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
My daughter's passport won't be stamped unless she asks the CBSA officer for a stamp. She already has a letter of introduction, she got it on 21st October, it was in GCKEY a few hours after the change in policy to allow non US international students to travel if they institution was on the DLI covid ready list. Her study permit was approved on 22 June but it was archived, so it took to 21st October to receive it.
Euro nationals do not require a TRV printed by the embassy since they are visa exempt countries. It's a different process for other people, confusing whether other people receive POE on GCkey or through other means.

Last edited:

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Euro nationals do not require a TRV stamp by the embassy since they are visa exempt countries. It's a different process for other people, confusing whether they receive POE on GCkey or through other means.
a TRV is not a stamp, it is a visa fixed into your passport with a little bit of glue. Some Europeans nationals are visa nationals for Canada.

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
please share your timeline. When did you apply?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi! I am a visa national and it took me 5 days to get the letter of introduction. Do you see “counterfoil” in your GC key? Did you get a “final approval”? By final approval I mean that you have the date when each of the processes was completed. Receiving OPR is an approval, but not a final one since they are double checking your passport for authenticity

amschel

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi! I am a visa national and it took me 5 days to get the letter of introduction. Do you see “counterfoil” in your GC key? Did you get a “final approval”? By final approval I mean that you have the date when each of the processes was completed. Receiving OPR is an approval, but not a final one since they are double checking your passport for authenticity
Does this mean your passport's authenticity is the only thing they check before stamping it?

Reactions: azzamkc

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Does this mean your passport's authenticity is the only thing they check before stamping it?
Most likely no, but from the looks of it yes

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
What else do you think they check? It's been two weeks since I submitted. No update yet
It’s most likely in the queue to be checked. What was the last VFS global status?