+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help. restoration of status and pgwp refused

vincic

May 13, 2016
Hey guys i am in same situation. My study finished on 15 dec 2015 and my permit was expired on 20 dec 2015 (as cic did not gave me 3 extra month for study permit i don't know why). I also asked in october 2015 to my college to provide me a letter so that i can apply for SP extension but they refused by telling me that you gonna finish your course this semester.
So i waited for my graduation letter which i got on 03 feb 2016 and i applied for PGWP and restoration.
On 10 may 2016 i got a message from cic to pay 200$ fee for restoration and i paid it right away.
On 11 may i got refusal letter from cic and the reason was same that i don't have valid study permit.
What should i do now?Can i reapply?Someone Please help me
Thank you

vincic

May 13, 2016
Hello
My study permit expired on 20 dec 2015 and my last exam was on 15 dec 2015.I tried to extend my study permit in oct 2015 but my college told me that i am gonna finish my study(it was my last semester)so they cant provide me the letter.
So on 19 feb 2016 i applied for my restoration and PGWP but 2 days ago i got a refusal letter stating that my study permit was not valid.They send me restoration mail before the day i got refusal and i paid 200$ fee.
What should i do now ?
Can you please help me in getting my PGWp
i will really thankful to you
PLease reply asap
my email id: vinu1990bhatt@gmail.com

ss3660

Nov 16, 2015
Hello Everyone.

I am stuck in the same situation like what my friends have explained above. After graduating from College in may 2015 I applied for the work permit in the third week of June, 2015. After waiting for 8 Months i.e In February 2016 I got refusal letter from CIC. The reason they stated that " I am not eligible for the Post Graduation Work Permit because I haven't attended the sufficient studies to get eligible for Work Permit". But I did the two courses from Humber College. I damn sure that CIC has made some mistake while processing my application. But anyhow after getting refusal I consulted my lawyer and within the span of four weeks (since the the day I got the refusal) I applied for the restoration of my work permit i.e on the february 29, 2016.
My study permit got expired on 30 November 2015. At the time of applying the work permit I had valid study permit. But as CIC took so much time and in the mean while my study permit got expired. And at the time of applying restoration I didn't had any valid status .

My question is my application is gonna refuse because of not having the valid status in Canada at the time of applying for the restoration.

Looking forward to hear from your side friends.

richaraj

Sep 23, 2016
scylla said:
I think you should be fine.
Hi @scylla
I am in a similar situation. Could you kindly email me (richa.rajgolikar@gmail.com) to clarify few questions?

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Richa

rodrigomez

Jan 1, 2017
Hi all.

I am in the same situation. I paid the all 4 fees. How long did it take in your case the final decision? I have been waiting since September 23, I applied by paper.

Regards.

Happyjoe

Jan 15, 2017
rodrigomez said:
Hi all.

I am in the same situation. I paid the all 4 fees. How long did it take in your case the final decision? I have been waiting since September 23, I applied by paper.

Regards.
That means you have sent one application for PGWP and one application for Study Permit and checked the Restoration in one application and paid fees for SP, PGWP, Open WP fees and Restoration. ... is that right !!! If so you must have enclosed new admission letter, means of finance etc ... what a pain. Honestly I am not sure about this process. Any link available in this regard !!

Happyjoe

Jan 15, 2017
hdizzle said:
This is scary and doesnt make sense! I am in similar situation. So I graduated and finished my program Aug 14th but realized that my study permit had expired July 14th so I applied for restoration of status plus PGWP. The reason i did not apply for study permit was because I technically did NOT need the study permit since I had graduated. I also consulted and confirmed with an immigration consultant that I only need to apply for work permit+pgwp. I paid $455. Does this mean that the same thing will happen to em?!
Hdizzle: can you please let me know what happend finally as you didn't apply for all 4 things. Applying for 4 things doesn't make sense at all and I don't know what to do ... pl help me as I am in similar situation like you ...

kmi85

Jul 11, 2017
I am in a same position but what I did is that I applied for all 4 things and everything on paper restoration, extension and work permit.

What do you think syclla about my chance of approval?
Hello, so how did it go? Did you get the permit?

I'm also in the same boat, SP Expired (Jul 03, 2017), have already graduated (Jun 08, 2017) - and now I have to apply for everything. The main obstacle is applying for a study permit extension if I have already graduated. How did you fill out the application? Because you need to provide proof of enrollment and I'm sure CIC or CPC check with your institution to see if you are in fact enrolled. Did you apply for a new student permit for which you need the whole acceptance letter, proof of funds thing?

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
I am also a student and still waiting for my diploma. My study permit will expire on the 20th of January. If I will submit my pgwp application by the month of December once my diploma is available, and there is no result until my study permit expires, what will be my status? Will they still give me 90 days to restore my status or I will restore my status before my study permit expires?

interstu98

Feb 7, 2020
Hi

Is there any final answer to the question of what we need to apply for to get PGWP after one time of refusal and expiry date of SP? If any of you guys have any updates please let me know.

Thanks

nikhilch

Jul 26, 2020
I completed my master's program full-time on 28th April 2023 (Friday).
My study permit and TRV expired on 30th April (Sunday)
I received my course completion letter and official transcripts from my university on 1st May 2023 (Monday)
I applied for PGWP on 3rd May 2023 (Wednesday). I included the restoration of the student status payment receipt in the file and explained the above timeline.

In this case, I am not supposed to work until my PGWP gets approved. Processing time for PGWP is almost 5-6 months. I am a student with huge education loan and responsibilities. So I am looking for alternative ways to get PGWP and I found one option, which is flag polling.

Do you suggest me to do a flagpole in my situation? or
what shall I do in this situation?
Is it valid/good to go there?
What documents shall I carry with me?