+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help. restoration of status and pgwp refused

hassan7090

Dec 10, 2015
Hi i am in a same situation but i applied for study permit extension,restoration of status as a student,and post graduation work permit.All in one package and sent it via paper.What do you think will my application be approved?

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
The whole restoration thing is created for people whose study permit expired before applying for work permit. That's why its called restoration of status. In order to apply for extension of study permit you need to show that you will be taking courses? How do you prove that you will be taking courses when essentially you have finished all requirements for your degree and are graduating? I had detailed discussion with my universities international advisor as well as immigration consultant. The only difference between us and people whose study permit are valid is paying the extra $200 that we have to pay for restoration.
@joeypark7 did you include a letter of explanation? Including a detailed letter of explanation explaining your circumstance is essential!

hassan7090

Dec 10, 2015
Yeah thats the only difference you are right.But In order to get a work permit you need to have a VALID STUDY PEMIT.That is the reason you have to apply for extension of study permit as well.If you go to CIC website on the instruction guide of work permit it clearly states that you have to pay 4 fees which is Restoration of status,Extension of Study permit,open work pemit and pgwp fees.

SO its important that you apply for extension regardless of you have graduated or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hassan7090 said:
Yeah thats the only difference you are right.But In order to get a work permit you need to have a VALID STUDY PEMIT.That is the reason you have to apply for extension of study permit as well.If you go to CIC website on the instruction guide of work permit it clearly states that you have to pay 4 fees which is Restoration of status,Extension of Study permit,open work pemit and pgwp fees.

SO its important that you apply for extension regardless of you have graduated or not.
Agreed.

The rules are very clear. You need to have a valid study permit in order to qualify for a PGWP.

hassan7090

Dec 10, 2015
I am in a same position but what I did is that I applied for all 4 things and everything on paper restoration, extension and work permit.

What do you think syclla about my chance of approval?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hassan7090 said:
I am in a same position but what I did is that I applied for all 4 things and everything on paper restoration, extension and work permit.

What do you think syclla about my chance of approval?
I think you should be fine.

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
@hasan7090 can you please provide me with the link where it says you have to apply for all 4 things.

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Hi All,please i need help.My application for PGWP has been refused due to issues with my passport. Have been asked to restore my status .My Study Permit expired in August while i applied for the PGWP in June. If i want to apply for restoration, do i apply for three things-restoration of study permit,restoration of status and PGWP?

hassan7090

Dec 10, 2015
Okay listen carefully please do these steps in order to get it approved

Apply it on PAPER!

I will explain you better give me your number.

Nov 17, 2015
hassan7090 said:
Okay listen carefully please do these steps in order to get it approved

Apply it on PAPER!

I will explain you better give me your number.
hassan7090 hi, I applied PGWP in Sep, my study permit expires after Oct 31, now I am still waiting, will i be refused?

hassan7090

Dec 10, 2015
No you are good to go.your case is perfect keeping in mind the other conditions fulfilled. But you should have no problem.your application should be approved

Nov 17, 2015
hassan7090 said:
No you are good to go.your case is perfect keeping in mind the other conditions fulfilled. But you should have no problem.your application should be approved
yeah, I submit a degree confirmation letter issued by the school. Thank you for the reply, i am kind of relived now.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
scylla said:
In that case it's clear why you were refused - it's not puzzling at all. You needed to apply to extend your study permit in addition to applying for restoration and for the PGWP. This is because you must be holding a valid study permit at the time you apply for a PGWP. So you were correctly refused by CIC.

I'm not sure if a lawyer is going to be able to help - but you can certainly try.
I agree with joeypark that this is puzzling and I feel for him. I'm in similar situation: pgwp got refused because I did not pay the extra $100- was unaware at the time. I then reapplied for pgwp + restoration of status within 1 week of prior refusal. Fortunate for me my study permit is still valid till date though I completed my studies - would never have thought of applying for study permit extension when I already graduated. Thanks for the info. So do you think am good with my info below?

initial pgwp: 4 may 2015
letter of refusal: 4 sept 2015
application for restoration of status+ pgwp: 11 sept 2015
original study permit expiry date: 30 Jan 2016

Lironam

Apr 5, 2016
Hi Joey,

I am in the same situation. I wanted to know what happened with your case and what did you end up doing?