+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent help! I get rejected

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
kidbroker said:
Lol, I do not want to go on a rant here. I could probably just marry my girlfriend, who is a Canadian btw, to get my status, I decided not to because I worked so hard as you did to reach to the point where I could legally immigrate all by myself. I do not know when you landed in Canada, I came here in 2007, after 9 years, paid many hundreds thousands of tuition fees and taxes, 18 month has passed and we haven't even received PR status, somehow they dare to question your NOC this late in the process. yet the government just let in un-screened tens of thousands of refugees and more to come in 2016. Our application was potentially delayed due to this. I am very disappointed and feel being betrayed by the government. There is a lot we need to do to improve government efficiency and fairness for all future immigrants! Express Entry is a good start but still lacks lots of features.
I hear ya! I think, it's a flaw in the system. I remember a colleague from same country as me in my company. He was making one mistake after another and he did not even bother. Why? Because his girlfriend sponsored him, so there was nothing to worry for him job-wise. I had to work more, because I also had to correct him all the time. To quote him: "I am very lucky that my girlfriend is Canadian." He put his feet up and let other people work, who needed the job experience to immigrate. Once he had his PR (in far less than a year), he took the money he earned, but did not deserve, and went to university for only 1/3 price because he wasn't considered an international student anymore. In the end, he even accused me that I don't have any local friends. I could not believe it! I never had the time to make much friends unlike him. I was working! ... I am not even jealous. I just think it's an unfair system.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
I received the email of refusal. Then sent a reconsideration 6 days later. The letter was received 4 days later. The file was reopened 4 days later. It happened quite fast. So I am hoping for the best.

Thanks I see.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
I hear ya! I think, it's a flaw in the system. I remember a colleague from same country as me in my company. He was making one mistake after another and he did not even bother. Why? Because his girlfriend sponsored him, so there was nothing to worry for him job-wise. I had to work more, because I also had to correct him all the time. To quote him: "I am very lucky that my girlfriend is Canadian." He put his feet up and let other people work, who needed the job experience to immigrate. Once he had his PR (in far less than a year), he took the money he earned, but did not deserve, and went to university for only 1/3 price because he wasn't considered an international student anymore. In the end, he even accused me that I don't have any local friends. I could not believe it! I never had the time to make much friends unlike him. I was working! ... I am not even jealous. I just think it's an unfair system.

Hi OhWow , my reconsideration letter would look like as below , what you think ? should I remove some, or add some ?

am writing here to ask for reconsideration for my application with below facts:

1. I am always implementing my job as NOC 2283 job duties which presented both in my work permit and CEC application. So I never apply a work permit with NOC 2173 duties although my work permit title is software engineer .

I would like supply my original work permit support letter as evidence ( please refer related info I supplied in this mail together ) to prove this .

2.My manager also wrote another detail letter to explain two things:
a ) All the work I have done can only apply to NOC 2283 not NOC 2173
b ) Our company have no software tester title , both Software develop and tester under the same title style , that is why you can only find Staff software developer in all my application letter, the software engineer is filled by someone who issued this work permit , not me.

3.Before I apply CEC , I once using my current Job duties and title to query noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca, the only answer I get is : I can only apply NOC 2283 (I also include the email history detail in this mail ) .

4.After I know I can only apply NOC 2283 , then I took one time IELTS exam, after comparing the requirement for NOC 2283 , I think I am satisfied , so I use it, I just compared again, I am sure my IELTS score is ok with NOC 2283 .

5.Before I came to work in Canada, I only have about 6 years tester job (NOC 2283) experience, it is impossible for me to apply any developer (NOC 2173) job .

I would like supply my resume as evidence which used when I applied my work permit .

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Which NOC is reflected on your work permit? Which job title did your employer apply for for your permit / LMO?

In my case, my employer applied for an LMO / work permit for a "tester" postition. In which case it is obvious that the immigration officer made the mistake to give me the wrong NOC, not my company or anyone else.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
Which NOC is reflected on your work permit? Which job title did your employer apply for for your permit / LMO?

In my case, my employer applied for an LMO / work permit for a "tester" postition. In which case it is obvious that the immigration officer made the mistake to give me the wrong NOC, not my company or anyone else.

2173 software engineer , job title apply work permit is staff software developer .

yes, I can only argue my duties . is 2283 not 2173.

and my company have no staff software tester title .

but I didn't do any engineering (coding ) job.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
2173 software engineer , job title apply work permit is staff software developer .

yes, I can only argue my duties . is 2283 not 2173.

and my company have no staff software tester title .

but I didn't do any engineering (coding ) job.
That's the problem. If your immigration papers said something like "tester", there might be better chances. But here, there is no proof at all that the company would employ testers. Your company is run by a bunch of morons. Make them write you a good letter of explanation first before you apply for reconsideration. They must help you, especially, if they want to keep you.

Worst case, the company might get in trouble with immigration for misinterpretation.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
That's the problem. If your immigration papers said something like "tester", there might be better chances. But here, there is no proof at all that the company would employ testers. Your company is run by a bunch of morons. Make them write you a good letter of explanation first before you apply for reconsideration. They must help you, especially, if they want to keep you.

Worst case, the company might get in trouble with immigration for misinterpretation.

I see , my manager agree to write a letter for me . so what's the important point in his email ?

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
I see , my manager agree to write a letter for me . so what's the important point in his email ?
He should explain exactly your situation. That they had no position like that at the time and that the positions changed while the company structure had changed, and that Testers were hired under XY back then until the company structure had changed, and why they hired you (because of your previous experience, expertise, etc.).

It's a very tricky situation indeed, because Testers were known under NOC 2283 for many years. Your company made a major mistake and did not hire you as a tester per se. But like I said, companies know nothing about immigration sometimes. But hey, if somebody asked me about immigration procedures in my home country, I wouldn't know either, because we don't have to deal with it, right?!

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Do you perhaps still have the companies job offer letter? And what does it say? And for what job title did you sign your contract for? What are the duties indicated in your contract?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
Do you perhaps still have the companies job offer letter? And what does it say? And for what job title did you sign your contract for? What are the duties indicated in your contract?

my offer letter have no duties, only title. title is staff software developer .

but I never bring my original company offer letter with me , i even don't know how to find it .

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
He should explain exactly your situation. That they had no position like that at the time and that the positions changed while the company structure had changed, and that Testers were hired under XY back then until the company structure had changed, and why they hired you (because of your previous experience, expertise, etc.).

It's a very tricky situation indeed, because Testers were known under NOC 2283 for many years. Your company made a major mistake and did not hire you as a tester per se. But like I said, companies know nothing about immigration sometimes. But hey, if somebody asked me about immigration procedures in my home country, I wouldn't know either, because we don't have to deal with it, right?!

this is really help , thanks a lot .

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:

Hi Wow Can I ask you more a question , should I put reject letter together with reconsideration letter ?

Or I should only use applicaition number to connect with my case ?

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
Hi Wow Can I ask you more a question , should I put reject letter together with reconsideration letter ?

Or I should only use applicaition number to connect with my case ?
Of course, attach all information you have. You never know who reads it first. Also address the VO (officer number in the refusal letter).

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
Of course, attach all information you have. You never know who reads it first. Also address the VO (officer number in the refusal letter).

ok, thanks , what's mean address the VO ?

should title as :

To VO with officie number XXX , in the explanation letter ? like this ?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:

Could you mind post an format example you used for the explanation letter ? I am not good at this aspect at all .