+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help!!! CEC

Jane788

Jun 4, 2021
Hi, my situation is this. During my study and work permit application, I omitted a job position I worked for a law firm as a legal associate trainee for about 6 month before I transitioned to a full legal associate for 8 months (both as full time) Because I didn’t think it was necessary to include it in the employment section since it’s more of a probationary period . Although my employer has agreed to write a reference letter for me regarding the two positions. Will the IO be satisfied or do I still need additional letter.
Also I omitted again with the name of the law firm.. what advise can you guys give me to best address this discrepancies..

Thanks I’m advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, my situation is this. During my study and work permit application, I omitted a job position I worked for a law firm as a legal associate trainee for about 6 month before I transitioned to a full legal associate for 8 months (both as full time) Because I didn’t think it was necessary to include it in the employment section since it’s more of a probationary period . Although my employer has agreed to write a reference letter for me regarding the two positions. Will the IO be satisfied or do I still need additional letter.
Also I omitted again with the name of the law firm.. what advise can you guys give me to best address this discrepancies..

Thanks I’m advance
In the employment history, you only have to add employment for which you are claiming points. There is no requirement to add all your employment history.

However, in your personal history, you should add all employment + education + unemployment + study periods.

If you did not do as above in a prior application, you can add add the work to your personal or employment history (if you are claiming points) and include a LoE explaining why it was omitted before.

abner23444

Mar 28, 2023
In the employment history, you only have to add employment for which you are claiming points. There is no requirement to add all your employment history.

However, in your personal history, you should add all employment + education + unemployment + study periods.

If you did not do as above in a prior application, you can add add the work to your personal or employment history (if you are claiming points) and include a LoE explaining why it was omitted before.
Hi @legalfalcon
I hope all is going well for you.

I am in a similar situation myself. I did two internships while I was in university. One of them is part of my study program and another one is part-time. I disclosed these experiences properly in my online PGWP application that I later withdrawn because I got my PGWP at the border last year. But when I later applied to renew my TRV I accidentally left out my two internships and only mentioned my full-time job at that time. My TRV was approved and I didn't realize this mistake until earlier this year. I am applying for EE soon and I plan to truthfully disclose these experiences. I will not be claming points for those two internships. I am wondering if you think I should include an LoE to address the discrepency? Do you think I am at risk for misrepresentation for accidentally omitting those internship experiences on my TRV application?

I would really really appreciate your help. Thank you!