+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help!! Can my spouse Cancel my PR?

jaswave125

Feb 13, 2017
I need help guys. I will write the story as clearly and short as possible.

Me and my wife got married on jan 2015, By indian marriage its a fix marriage. We were ok in the start for 2months, after that I moved back to the country I live and work(Singapore) and she moved back to canada. Long distance relationship was hard for us and we constantly argued about small things. Things grew and she even threatened me to cancel my application for canada. Fast forward she came to Singapore with me which was not nice as we argued and back and forth. She went back to canada after a month. Fast forward I was in canada on april 2016. I lived with her for 4 months until I can't take it anymore and decided to leave her and come back to Singapore it was just really not working out for us cultural differences etc...

After 6months I went to India to sort things out and we have not made any final decision as her parents are making it really hard.

Rigth now Im in Singapore again and lost my job. (nobodies fault but mine)

Before my questions I have my PR card with me and I have a Conditional PR on paper but nothing indicated on the card.

My question is as follow's

1. Can my wife cancel my PR card by contacting CiC?

2. I would like to go back to canada I gave my PR card with me would there be any problem at the immigration in canada upon landing? And Can I go back to canada?

3. As I read there is a new rule to repeal the conditional PR, with me leaving her for almost 7 month ago any effect on me?

We really had a genuine marriage but things just did not work out for us its stressful for both parties but I know how unhappy we were with each other.

PS: Before loosing my job I had no intention of going back to canada but aa life has it, its full of surprises.

Thank you.

jaswave125

Feb 13, 2017
Supporting question.

Let say my wife informed CiC the I left last yr and that we are getting separated can that be a reason thay my PR gets canceled and Im not allowed to enter canada?

PS: Planning to go to canada on july.

Just don't want any troubles and thinking ahead.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
jaswave125 said:
I need help guys. I will write the story as clearly and short as possible.

Me and my wife got married on jan 2015, By indian marriage its a fix marriage. We were ok in the start for 2months, after that I moved back to the country I live and work(Singapore) and she moved back to canada. Long distance relationship was hard for us and we constantly argued about small things. Things grew and she even threatened me to cancel my application for canada. Fast forward she came to Singapore with me which was not nice as we argued and back and forth. She went back to canada after a month. Fast forward I was in canada on april 2016. I lived with her for 4 months until I can't take it anymore and decided to leave her and come back to Singapore it was just really not working out for us cultural differences etc...

After 6months I went to India to sort things out and we have not made any final decision as her parents are making it really hard.

Rigth now Im in Singapore again and lost my job. (nobodies fault but mine)

Before my questions I have my PR card with me and I have a Conditional PR on paper but nothing indicated on the card.

My question is as follow's

1. Can my wife cancel my PR card by contacting CiC?

2. I would like to go back to canada I gave my PR card with me would there be any problem at the immigration in canada upon landing? And Can I go back to canada?

3. As I read there is a new rule to repeal the conditional PR, with me leaving her for almost 7 month ago any effect on me?

We really had a genuine marriage but things just did not work out for us its stressful for both parties but I know how unhappy we were with each other.

PS: Before loosing my job I had no intention of going back to canada but aa life has it, its full of surprises.

Thank you.
You don't explicitly say when you were granted your PR, but I presume it was in April 2016 when you say you 'came to Canada'. In that case, you have conditional PR until April 2018 (or until Condition 51 is repealed, if that is earlier & it applies retrospectively).

As your relationship has broken down, and you have not been living together, you are in breach of C51, and if CIC/CBSA become aware of this, they are legally entitled to take steps to strip you of your PR status (the card is irrelevant). She cannot herself strip you of this, but she can inform the authorities. It is up to them if they decide to take action or not.

So long as you are a PR, you have a right of entry to Canada, and can travel there.

jaswave125

Feb 13, 2017
I do get your point. looking for more inputs though. I kind of feel like she has not reported it ro cic "yet" again just an instinct nothing sure here.

I have been reading about the repeal and they say it will take effect on spring 2017. Just wanted to make sure that I would be able to make a career in canada if not then migth just say here in Singapore and look for another job.

Man life's full of stress. Just wanted to vent out.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
jaswave125 said:
anybody? Any suggestions? ??? ::)
its a new rule ..coniditonal PR...that means u cannot separate from your wife and incase if u do(doesn't matter what the reason is) u r not entitled for PR and they will cancel u....u should try to get back together and atleast stay till 2 years... that's up to u know.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
as per CIC quoted ::
"During this time, you could lose your status if you do not live with your spouse. "

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
I'm sorry for your situation. It sounds very stressful indeed, and I hope things get better for you in the near future. As long as you have PR documents and you haven't been contacted by CIC or CBSA about any breach, your wife probably hasn't reported you. When you land in Canada, even if a case is made against you, you will not be immediately deported without a hearing and court case. Hence, it would take weeks, maybe months, before any decision was made. Overall, unless you have strong family ties in Canada, I would suggest you keep working in Singapore. It's better than living in stress about your residential status.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
just live in singapore or india.
Canadian PR status would be in jeopardy if CIC finds out.
Not only that, she could use the law against u here and force u to pay her alimony in Canada after divorce (legally thru court).

Even if your relationship fails with her, and u live in Canada, u can't sponsor next wife to Canada (i believe its atleast 5 yrs). This is to prevent sponsored PRs to prevent ending their marriages and prevent them from sponsoring anyone else. Trust me this has happened and hence the current rules.

Best is always to try to mend things and make it work. But if it doesn't, you're aware of law.
Check CIC website for details

Gori

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Med's Request
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Interview........
waved (DNA test) 05-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
I want to say something that you will not like...all here we can see that you care more for your PR status than your wife and marriage...from what I read I do not think that your marriage was genuine...if it was you would put an effort and try to make it work but you are only interested in your PR status. I hope your wife reports you to CIC.

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
I agree with Gori all the way. People like you are screwing the whole system and thats why applications take so long to be processed. Hope she reports today before tomorrow...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I agree with gori and mania what your doing is marriage fraud I hope she reports you too and maybe she is in on it. you make it hard for honest couples

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
No wonder why then it takes 2 years to process an application when it should take only a few weeks/ months... you made my day... :mad:

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Maina4576 said:
No wonder why then it takes 2 years to process an application when it should take only a few weeks/ months... you made my day... :mad:

i am sponsoring my husband inland our journey Started on December 14,2015 and our marriage is legit. when did your journey started its people like that make it hard mania

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Our journey started december 19 th 2016 which is not long ago but thanks to idiots i know it s gonna take long like you guys are experiencing from what i read....so many fake relationships all to gain access to Canada and we have to wait and suffer...Mind you i was born in Canada but did a renounciation due to my stupid goverment back home which is why more painfull since i have to start from scratch again... i m one of many so called lost canadians....thats why i get pissed more...but I have faith in God and thats what keeps me going....