+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help!! Can my spouse Cancel my PR?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Maina4576 said:
Our journey started december 19 th 2016 which is not long ago but thanks to idiots i know it s gonna take long like you guys are experiencing from what i read....so many fake relationships all to gain access to Canada and we have to wait and suffer...Mind you i was born in Canada but did a renounciation due to my stupid goverment back home which is why more painfull since i have to start from scratch again... i m one of many so called lost canadians....thats why i get pissed more...but I have faith in God and thats what keeps me going....

I am born and raised Canadian I guess naturalized, but yes your right are you doing inland last year was the syrians and so many things they are backed up but cic will not admit my husband has an immigration lawyer so we are ok. We send is pcc last July 19,2016 they recieved July 25,2016 we did fingers and meds in November 2015 before we send it in December 2015 I email his immigration lawyer time to time call cic every month or two months check ecase time tof time prayer twicell a day to infant Jesus of prague he's on a work permit but we do have our moments he's from a visa exempt country Portugal he passed his criminality,passed background check,bUT meds expired we are just waiting for approval for my particular called last week they are like can be before end of December 2017 we get everything or the end of December2017. Where your from original it's almost 14 or 15 months for us but heads up

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
It's quite unfair for anyone to pass judgment on this guy. He asked for advice, not harassment. As a researcher, I can tell you that cross-cultural marriages are extremely difficult for certain people, and in general, relationships fail more today than they ever did before, and this archaic practice of arranged marriages to strangers doesn't help.

I know it's frustrating to wait so long to be reunited with family, and as such, we become angry at anyone who may have committed fraud (since that made the process longer for everyone). But at the end of the day, we shouldn't say things that might hurt people, especially if they are innocent. That would be a very unCanadian thing to do.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
It's quite unfair for anyone to pass judgment on this guy. He asked for advice, not harassment. As a researcher, I can tell you that cross-cultural marriages are extremely difficult for certain people, and in general, relationships fail more today than they ever did before, and this archaic practice of arranged marriages to strangers doesn't help.

I know it's frustrating to wait so long to be reunited with family, and as such, we become angry at anyone who may have committed fraud (since that made the process longer for everyone). But at the end of the day, we shouldn't say things that might hurt people, especially if they are innocent. That would be a very unCanadian thing to do.

in my cases it's inland sponsor ship within Canada, well that to a traditional indian family that arrange marriages are wrong me and my husband marriage is love he is white European from a visa exempt country we been in it since December 14,2015 we are almost done just people like him do thus to legit couples

featherine

May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-02-2017
Like others said, this is the main problem OP has:
jaswave125 said:
I lived with her for 4 months until I can't take it anymore and decided to leave her
You just can't do that under a conditional visa. I wouldn't bother going back to Canada.

I'm not gonna pass judgement but at the same time, his wife totally deserves to report this. He explicitly broke the condition that his visa was under.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That would be a very unCanadian thing to do.
It's also very "un-Canadian" to just say "go ahead, ignore the rules, regulation and laws regarding your PR". It's not ok to screw the system while others have to fight to prove the legitimacy of their application or PR. From a number of people's perspectives, it's entirely fair.

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
I stand by what i said...i truly believe lots of couples are legit but the few ones that are not make the others pay...another one down the drain....God gives us more patience now....

Pitt1234

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
I have to say, I agree with you Gori.

He says that throughout the marriage period, he stayed in Singapore (accept the 4 months recently). He also mentions that he had no intention to go to Canada until he lost his job in Singapore. I am sorry, may be I am judging, but the way he puts it, it comes out that he cared more about the PR than the marriage itself.

Marriages do unfortunately break down. But the rules that define both divorce and immigration need to be followed. Here for example some one was suggesting not to come to Canada because the wife may claim alimony. I am sorry, why should she not (or him not, as it goes both ways)? If you claimed a PR to enjoy the certain benefits of marriage, running away from liabilities is not fair. I am not saying that the gentleman is doing just that, but that the suggestion offered to him was of that nature, to which I disagree.

Finally, relationships do break. If by law PR was conditional, it was conditional. Move on!

Gori said:
I want to say something that you will not like...all here we can see that you care more for your PR status than your wife and marriage...from what I read I do not think that your marriage was genuine...if it was you would put an effort and try to work it out but you are only interested in your PR status. I hope your wife reports you to CIC.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Buletruck said:
It's also very "un-Canadian" to just say "go ahead, ignore the rules, regulation and laws regarding your PR". It's not ok to screw the system while others have to fight to prove the legitimacy of their application or PR. From a number of people's perspectives, it's entirely fair.

avtarkyoshi seems like does not understand why people are upset because people like him think he can play two system where he could stick out or make an effort to make the marriage work seems like he ran way like marriage of convence and I am.sticking to my guns say what I meant he playing it both ways.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Maina4576 said:
I stand by what i said...i truly believe lots of couples are legit but the few ones that are not make the others pay...another one down the drain....God gives us more patience now....

i agree i loo at this case as marriage of convence that certain communities do

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Pitt1234 said:
I have to say, I agree with you Gori.

He says that throughout the marriage period, he stayed in Singapore (accept the 4 months recently). He also mentions that he had no intention to go to Canada until he lost his job in Singapore. I am sorry, may be I am judging, but the way he puts it, it comes out that he cared more about the PR than the marriage itself.

Marriages do unfortunately break down. But the rules that define both divorce and immigration need to be followed. Here for example some one was suggesting not to come to Canada because the wife may claim alimony. I am sorry, why should she not (or him not, as it goes both ways)? If you claimed a PR to enjoy the certain benefits of marriage, running away from liabilities is not fair. I am not saying that the gentleman is doing just that, but that the suggestion offered to him was of that nature, to which I disagree.

Finally, relationships do break. If by law PR was conditional, it was conditional. Move on!

seems like he's running away

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Buletruck said:
Yeah, you're totally right about that, which is why I suggested he should just stay in India or Singapore rather than coming to Canada and living in uncertainty about his status.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Yeah, you're totally right about that, which is why I suggested he should just stay in India or Singapore rather than coming to Canada and living in uncertainty about his status.

it's like playing both systems

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My take on this case will be weather relationship is genuine or not, he was granted PR to be united with his Spouse which he didn't do. He never tried to find job in Canada or tried to settle here. So with what right he wants to come to this country now. His original intention to be united with spouse is no longer valid and he has no ties as well to this country.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Smile_Canada said:
My take on this case will be weather relationship is genuine or not, he was granted PR to be united with his Spouse which he didn't do. He never tried to find job in Canada or tried to settle here. So with what right he wants to come to this country now. His original intention to be united with spouse is no longer valid and he has no ties as well to this country.
Yes, you're right.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Smile_Canada said:

maybe she reported him, and he did not make am effort plus working on his marriage work I guess for him the pr card is decoration