+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent Got married to Student girl (now applied for her PR) . please help

Gagan1904

Apr 5, 2022
I came as a visitor in 2019 and applied for refugee status and currently I'm on work permit under refugee. in between I got married in Canada to international student in 2020. Now she applied for her PR . Now ircc is looking for my All the documents including PCC , my Passport. what should I do as I already submitted my passport to Refugee Board when I applied for Refugee status.. ?

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came as a visitor in 2019 and applied for refugee status and currently I'm on work permit under refugee. in between I got married in Canada to international student in 2020. Now she applied for her PR . Now ircc is looking for my All the documents including PCC , my Passport. what should I do as I already submitted my passport to Refugee Board when I applied for Refugee status.. ?
If your sponsorshi[p is progressing you should voluntarily withdraw your refugee claim.

Reactions: Gagan1904

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You got red flags .
2019- Arrive as a visitor
2019- apply as refugee
2020- get married to international student who applied for PR

Gagan1904

Apr 5, 2022
You can ask for your passport back if you need it but you shouldn’t use it for travel until you know you’ve received PR via your spouse.
Are you sure I can get it back without withdrawing my refugee case which is in process ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you sure I can get it back without withdrawing my refugee case which is in process ?
Yes you can ask for your passport without withdrawing you asylum application.ovation. You need to contact CBSA. As long as you don’t use the passport to travel or renew to passport you will be fine. Your other option is to indicate that you have a current asylum application and CBSA has your passport. If it is expired you can indicate that you can’t renew your passport.

Gagan1904

Apr 5, 2022
Yes you can ask for your passport without withdrawing you asylum application.ovation. You need to contact CBSA. As long as you don’t use the passport to travel or renew to passport you will be fine. Your other option is to indicate that you have a current asylum application and CBSA has your passport. If it is expired you can indicate that you can’t renew your passport.
What do you think that why CBSA is asking for my documents ? are they thinking of process my file along with my spouse PR ? because they want me to submit application fee, as we have already submitted for my wife at the time of application submission.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you think that why CBSA is asking for my documents ? are they thinking of process my file along with my spouse PR ? because they want me to submit application fee, as we have already submitted for my wife at the time of application submission.
Yes they are currently processing the TR to PR application with your spouse. As long as there aren’t any red flags when it comes to your relationship and how you met then you should get approved with your spouse.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
How is it possible to get your passport back provided you are active refugee claimant and you signed notice of seizure? is there such guidelines? my understanding is OP can send copy of seizure document and his passport as required by the IRCC,

Reactions: sohaib1