+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Fingerprints....where can I do if in UK?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi

CIC Have requested fingerprints dated 18th January 2020, I just found out as I'm in the UK....now do I have 30 to get them done and send away and they receive them when they receive them from RCMP or 30 days to reach them?

They closest place to me in London which I'll have to go to asap......I don't want them returning my application because then I will be well and truly messed up.

Any advice and help would be good

Thanks
Dal

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Hi

CIC Have requested fingerprints dated 18th January 2020, I just found out as I'm in the UK....now do I have 30 to get them done and send away and they receive them when they receive them from RCMP or 30 days to reach them?

They closest place to me in London which I'll have to go to asap......I don't want them returning my application because then I will be well and truly messed up.

Thanks
Dal

To the best of my knowledge you have to do them in Canada. I might be wrong

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi

Thanks
Dal
To the best of my knowledge you have to do them in Canada. I might be wrong
As per the FP request sheet, you can find places to do them on a website, which advises you to search for RCMP accredited fingerprinting company [city name].

Now based on original post you have determined they have them in London, UK (a quick google shows me https://www.ukfingerprints.com/country-by-country/canada/ but I have no knowledge of this company).

Now, back to the letter it clearly states: To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter.

Therefore, you have 30 days to get them taken. They are taken electronically as well, so theoretically they should reach the RCMP quite quickly, I think they take 2-3 weeks to then process. So I'd advise you get it done sooner vs later but appreciate that may not be easy depending upon where you are located in the UK. If a long way maybe consider a ultra low cost airline flight into LHR and take the Tube.

Reactions: Aby444

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
As per the FP request sheet, you can find places to do them on a website, which advises you to search for RCMP accredited fingerprinting company [city name].

Now based on original post you have determined they have them in London, UK (a quick google shows me https://www.ukfingerprints.com/country-by-country/canada/ but I have no knowledge of this company).

Now, back to the letter it clearly states: To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter.

Therefore, you have 30 days to get them taken. They are taken electronically as well, so theoretically they should reach the RCMP quite quickly, I think they take 2-3 weeks to then process. So I'd advise you get it done sooner vs later but appreciate that may not be easy depending upon where you are located in the UK. If a long way maybe consider a ultra low cost airline flight into LHR and take the Tube.
Thanks for your reply, it states that the fingerprints must be taken within 30 days, the letter doesn't actually state it needs to be returned within 30 days but I know that this is the case, also do you know who or what the email address is so I can notify them that I've had the fingerprints taken, my current sitiation i.e. I'm currently in the UK and that they will be with them asap?

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hi

Thanks
Dal

Please see this:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thanks for your reply, it states that the fingerprints must be taken within 30 days, the letter doesn't actually state it needs to be returned within 30 days but I know that this is the case, also do you know who or what the email address is so I can notify them that I've had the fingerprints taken, my current sitiation i.e. I'm currently in the UK and that they will be with them asap?
Sorry thought I’d mentioned but must have been another thread... You can’t email IRCC. Use the webform or phone them (Canada only).

But it also states taken and RCMP doesn’t do it instantly as I did mention. Feel free to send a form saying sent but I doubt you’ll get a reply saying great it’s all received if you’ve only just had them taken.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Sorry thought I’d mentioned but must have been another thread... You can’t email IRCC. Use the webform or phone them (Canada only).

But it also states taken and RCMP doesn’t do it instantly as I did mention. Feel free to send a form saying sent but I doubt you’ll get a reply saying great it’s all received if you’ve only just had them taken.
Hi So I received a reply to day after I sent a webform update yesterday and they stated the information along with the evidence of submission that I'd sent to RCMP would be forwarded to the appropriate dept

Reactions: jc94