+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT- Bringing dog from India to Canada

Dhrvsd

Mar 15, 2017
Hi,

Has anyone got get their dog from India to Canada? I am having trouble with the documentation. Canada only needs the rabies certificate. I have arranged for a rabies certificate as well as a health certificate from the local vet in India just in case it's needed.

DO I NEED THE GOVERNMENT HEALTH CERTIFICATE FROM AQCS (ANIMAS QUARANTINE AND CERTIFICATION SERVICE)?

The information is very misleading. I can't find a proper answer. Please suggest.

Thank

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi,

Has anyone got get their dog from India to Canada? I am having trouble with the documentation. Canada only needs the rabies certificate. I have arranged for a rabies certificate as well as a health certificate from the local vet in India just in case it's needed.

DO I NEED THE GOVERNMENT HEALTH CERTIFICATE FROM AQCS (ANIMAS QUARANTINE AND CERTIFICATION SERVICE)?

The information is very misleading. I can't find a proper answer. Please suggest.

Thank
Connect with @vinamras . He is bringing his dog to Canada.

vinamra

Apr 11, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thank
Yes, you very much do! In fact that's the most important certificate you need.
Please connect with me on 9833269896.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

bubbles500in

May 3, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm travelling with my labrador on May 24th from Bangalore to Toronto. Had couple of questions-
1. Are we allowed to carry a certain amount of dry pet food along with us?
2. Once we land in Toronto, where can we pick him up from?

Appreciate any inputs....

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm travelling with my labrador on May 24th from Bangalore to Toronto. Had couple of questions-
1. Are we allowed to carry a certain amount of dry pet food along with us?
2. Once we land in Toronto, where can we pick him up from?

Appreciate any inputs....
Read literally the guidance in link below implies answer to 1) is no , pet food not allowed but others may have experience but it would need to be declared regardless. For 2) have you checked with your airline

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/pets/dogs/eng/1331876172009/1331876307796