+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
Alright, so good news on biometrics! However, does anyone have an idea on the visa processing time? I am applying for work permit via the GTS which should ideally come through in 2 weeks, but with the current situation, I have no clue how long this will take.

Reactions: phuongdong

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Just finished biometrics for the wife and I at North Dallas ASC... took less than 10 mins for the both of us. Appointments were at 2pm and 3pm but we were allowed to go together as there was nobody else.
At the entrance, we were asked if we had COVID or any symptoms of it. While he checked our printouts of appointment and the biometrics letter.
Inside we were asked to sanitize our hands, then they gave us a token (they do it for all) and since there was no one else at the facility waiting we were directly sent to the counter where photo and finger prints were done and we were out...

And the cic website showed thy our biometrics was completed right away.

this was my experience!!!

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Just finished biometrics for the wife and I at North Dallas ASC... took less than 10 mins for the both of us. Appointments were at 2pm and 3pm but we were allowed to go together as there was nobody else.
At the entrance, we were asked if we had COVID or any symptoms of it. While he checked our printouts of appointment and the biometrics letter.
Inside we were asked to sanitize our hands, then they gave us a token (they do it for all) and since there was no one else at the facility waiting we were directly sent to the counter where photo and finger prints were done and we were out...

Thank you so much for your update. Just want to confirm, the staff just checked you printed appointment confirmation and your BIL? No IDs or passports? Did he do something to check your IRCC online? Thank you so much.

Sabi16

Jun 10, 2020

I am trying to get an appointment at Dallas north but i cant find any appointments..where did you get the appointment from???

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020

Thank you so much for update. please let us know if you get approval. are you applying for work permit or PR ? thanks.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I am trying to get an appointment at Dallas north but i cant find any appointments..where did you get the appointment from???
I had booked the appointment on 7/6 when the USCIS site was showing appointments available. The same site seems to be on and off so I suggest that you keep monitoring the site and book a slot as soon it is up and available.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Thank you so much for your update. Just want to confirm, the staff just checked you printed appointment confirmation and your BIL? No IDs or passports? Did he do something to check your IRCC online? Thank you so much.
I gave him my passport too, the guard doesnt check anything in the system nor does any other technician who collects your biometrics. They just validate if the IRCC number on you BIL and the appointment match. And at the time of biometrics collection the only thing I observed the technician do is to verify that My name matches the BIL details (this I am sure he verified by scanning the bar code on the BIL document). They do not check anything else. Hope this helps and good luck with your appointment.

rpatel53

Feb 19, 2020
Just a update for people who secured appointments.

I went in today at 10 and everything worked out well.

1) If you printed the confirmation from that glitch website just go there in your slot and you will be fine.
2) if you booked and forgot to take a print then print the one that showing your appointment even it's with wrong address. Go to your ASC the one originally booked on your slot. If required explain the situation and you should be fine. (This was my case).

Just from my experience I will say it depends on your luck but it's a worth a try.

tanxa

Jun 29, 2020
I've been a little confused by the US-Canadian Border closure now. It seems to me earlier that if you are traveling directly from the US, and you are traveling for an essential purpose, you can actually enter Canada now.

The IRCC website previously defined "essential" and included study/work as essential. However, when I checked the website today, I couldn't find that description anymore. The definition of "essential travel" went back to: "Essential refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation, or entertainment."

Instead of defining what is essential, IRCC ambiguously gives us examples of non-essential travel. My question is: if someone gets his/her study permit approved now, and travels from the US, can he/she enter Canada?