+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Did you bring the confirmation to show that you have the appointments even though those were booked on the "glitchy" website? I do have the confirmation printed and ready to give biometrics on 21st July. But I checked my IRCC yesterday and it showed another random location of ASC biometrics.
Yes, we had our confirmations and they checked them.
They had our IRCC number on files too, so the appointments that we booked must be real ones.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Please keep us posted about the request for original passport. The last time my spouse gave it, the request came in immediately, as in, within 3-5 days. I trust the IRCC should be doing the same.
I will keep you updated, but I do not think that they will ask for my passport soon, even thought I hope so.
We applied for permanent residence and I do not know if all other steps were cleared already.
Also I do not know if they started again collecting original passports: my understanding was that they stopped for COVID-19.

Sabi16

Jun 10, 2020
I didn’t find any appointments in Dallas. The website says no appointment available and the website not available. My parents have to go to Canada and are awaiting biometrics since march 31.

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I will keep you updated, but I do not think that they will ask for my passport soon, even thought I hope so.
We applied for permanent residence and I do not know if all other steps were cleared already.
Also I do not know if they started again collecting original passports: my understanding was that they stopped for COVID-19.
Yeah, I too heard that. Maybe they will send some sort of communication that tells us how to proceed with travel.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I was under the impression that we can only go through the cic.gc.ca website
In theory we should, but they have no updates in more than 4 months.
I used the link that I posted and I was able to book the appointment and give the biometrics (already successfully updated on the IRCC website).

Reactions: Sabi16

zabirhasan

May 26, 2020
We went to the alexandria ASC in Virginia today. We did not have any appointment for today as the website was not showing any available appointment for this week. They did allowed us in the building and asked us to talk with USCIS and IRCC. I called both places but no luck.

It’s sad that we drove two hours to go there and have to come back empty handed. And the ASC was not that busy too. Not sure if it was possible to schedule an appointment at the ASC. They did not mention anything about that. I have a schedule appointment for 21st July. Looking forward to it.

Two quick questions:
1. How long it will take to process the visa after biometric? I have applied for a work permit.
2. Do we have to sent out our passport for stamping?

newbie8989

May 20, 2020
We went to the alexandria ASC in Virginia today. We did not have any appointment for today as the website was not showing any available appointment for this week. They did allowed us in the building and asked us to talk with USCIS and IRCC. I called both places but no luck.

It’s sad that we drove two hours to go there and have to come back empty handed. And the ASC was not that busy too. Not sure if it was possible to schedule an appointment at the ASC. They did not mention anything about that. I have a schedule appointment for 21st July. Looking forward to it.

Two quick questions:
1. How long it will take to process the visa after biometric? I have applied for a work permit.
2. Do we have to sent out our passport for stamping?
Can you schedule in-person appointment at the center ?

Reactions: tradersid

sathya.vasudevan11

Jul 9, 2020
I think I have the same issue. I booked my appointment yesterday when they opened back. Today, it shows me another different appointment 3/30/2020 NY. Perhaps, I will print out the confirmation I got from yesterday and see what happens.
Hi, I have the same situation. The appointment is in NY for 3/30, 3PM.
Can we do a walk IN in the nearest center with this letter?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hi, I have the same situation. The appointment is in NY for 3/30, 3PM.
Can we do a walk IN in the nearest center with this letter?
USCIS currently does not accept walk-in appointment so I do not think you can do this with the letter. Have you printed out the confirmation that you booked with the glitchy website link?

ravi1441

Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
i am having the same error as well, have you tried calling the customer support number? Thank you
I did, but a total waste of time. They don't even know a thing. It's not instantaneous but everything depends on our luck as of now.

ravi1441

Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
Ravi,

I have tried incognito, refreshing, and trying multiple states but keep getting the same error.
It depends, its not 100% sure thing, but if you are lucky enough you can book an appointment.