+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
@matteosc Did you finish your biometrics? I recall you had scheduled a slot for 8am today.
Just came back, everything went well, it took less than half an hour for both.

We had appointments for 8 and 9 in Houston (me and my wife) and we got in together at 8. They just asked to have an appointment for the day.
They had our numbers so I guess that the appointments that we booked on the "glitchy" website worked!

Good luck to everyone!

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020

We had appointments for 8 and 9 in Houston (me and my wife) and we got in together at 8. They just asked to have an appointment for the day.
They had our numbers so I guess that the appointments that we booked on the "glitchy" website worked!

Good luck to everyone!
Woww.. Congratulations and thanks for updating us. Your message is such a relief to me

Reactions: PravinDeo

Nidz88

Jul 7, 2020
Hey guys, anyone know if you can schedule an appointment at ASC(USCIS) if you are now out of legal status in the USA? I overstayed my student visa and not sure if I should do the biometrics at a USCIS location.....
Yes you can still schedule an appointment at ASC as long you have your IRCC number/biometrics letter from Canadian immigration. You need to take your passport with you though for the appt.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
More details:

We had our own masks, which of course are mandatory; the hand sanitizer is there but we did not use it on our way in (our hands were clean and we did not want to have issues in giving the fingerprints).

We got to the building at 7:45 and we waited in line outside. They came out to check that everyone had an appointment for the day and then they let us in few at the time. Routine questions at the entrance about symptoms etc.

Distance is kept both outside and inside the building and all the personal wears masks, gloves and glasses. Movable transparent screen are placed to keep separation when the picture is taken (the only time in which you are without mask). Everything is cleaned and sterilized after each person.

Nidz88

Jul 7, 2020

Good luck to everyone!
That's wonderful news. Any idea what how long it takes for the medical request to come through?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
That's wonderful news. Any idea what how long it takes for the medical request to come through?
What do you mean for "medical request"? Did they ask you to schedule an appointment for the medical exam or did you do the exam already?
We did our medicals before submitting the application on February 22nd and we passed them on March 4th.

Nidz88

Jul 7, 2020
What do you mean for "medical request"? Did they ask you to schedule an appointment for the medical exam or did you do the exam already?
We did our medicals before submitting the application on February 22nd and we passed them on March 4th.
Oh I thought they sent medical request ones biometric is done. I didn't realize you can have your medical done before they request it. Thank you for this information.

Reactions: matteosc

lat2479

Jun 29, 2020
Hey guys, anyone know if you can schedule an appointment at ASC(USCIS) if you are now out of legal status in the USA? I overstayed my student visa and not sure if I should do the biometrics at a USCIS location.....
Yeah I did the same thing too! My apt is next Monday. I included a letter explaining my situation in the application but Im not sure how things will go after the biometrics. Please keep each other updated!

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
Yeah I did the same thing too! My apt is next Monday. I included a letter explaining my situation in the application but Im not sure how things will go after the biometrics. Please keep each other updated!
Is the passport for identity verification? I am in my 60 days grace period, so I am not too sure if there is anything that I need to carry along with the appointment, biometrics letter.

lat2479

Jun 29, 2020
Is the passport for identity verification? I am in my 60 days grace period, so I am not too sure if there is anything that I need to carry along with the appointment, biometrics letter.
Yeah I would bring my passport and letter only!

Reactions: Nidz88

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
More details:

We had our own masks, which of course are mandatory; the hand sanitizer is there but we did not use it on our way in (our hands were clean and we did not want to have issues in giving the fingerprints).

We got to the building at 7:45 and we waited in line outside. They came out to check that everyone had an appointment for the day and then they let us in few at the time. Routine questions at the entrance about symptoms etc.

Distance is kept both outside and inside the building and all the personal wears masks, gloves and glasses. Movable transparent screen are placed to keep separation when the picture is taken (the only time in which you are without mask). Everything is cleaned and sterilized after each person.
WOW, Thank you So much @matteosc for your time and effort to let us know all the details. Very Helpful.