+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

studentcandidate

Jun 13, 2020
Is the link still working? I see "No field offices found" when selecting any state.

No, it doesn't. They did it again. I think they just randomly pick the day to give us access to make an appointment. If you cannot make an appointment during that day, then you need to try to check that link every day, as many times as you can. One day they will give access to their appointment system again. I think the first time when the link started to work was July 6th. Today is the second time when we could make an appointment.

Reactions: -MK-

studentcandidate

Jun 13, 2020
OMG, something super weird is going on with their system. I made an appointment for July 23rd in Oregon. Yesterday when I checked my appointment, it showed 27th July Bartlett, TN, which is the wrong date and location. Today it shows 3/30/2020 Buffalo, NY....

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
OMG, something super weird is going on with their system. I made an appointment for July 23rd in Oregon. Yesterday when I checked my appointment, it showed 27th July Bartlett, TN, which is the wrong date and location. Today it shows 3/30/2020 Buffalo, NY....
I think I have the same issue. I booked my appointment yesterday when they opened back. Today, it shows me another different appointment 3/30/2020 NY. Perhaps, I will print out the confirmation I got from yesterday and see what happens.

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
I don't think their system has ever worked. Each day it will print a new office for everyone who has made an appointment. Today it is Buffalo, NY. This looks like fake data for testing purpose. I highly suspect if those appointments we made can actually work. Luckily we can figure this out on Monday.

Reactions: PravinDeo

jwen984

Jul 11, 2020
Hey guys, anyone know if you can schedule an appointment at ASC(USCIS) if you are now out of legal status in the USA? I overstayed my student visa and not sure if I should do the biometrics at a USCIS location.....

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hey guys, anyone know if you can schedule an appointment at ASC(USCIS) if you are now out of legal status in the USA? I overstayed my student visa and not sure if I should do the biometrics at a USCIS location.....
It is not a problem when you give a biometric at a USCIS location. However, given your situation: overstaying legal status (student visa) in United States, it might be an issue when considering the application. Just prepare they might request client information explaining why you overstay in USA. I guess here is because of pandemic surge.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
It is not a problem when you give a biometric at a USCIS location. However, given your situation: overstaying legal status (student visa) in United States, it might be an issue when considering the application. Just prepare they might request client information explaining why you overstay in USA. I guess here is because of pandemic surge.
Are you sure about the illegal status not to be a problem? If I remember correctly you can use the USCIS offices only if you are currently legally in US. The information should be on their website.

• Wow
Reactions: phuongdong

tanxa

Jun 29, 2020
Is your I20/OPT expired as well?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Are you sure about the illegal status not to be a problem? If I remember correctly you can use the USCIS offices only if you are currently legally in US. The information should be on their website.
Oh really, I did not know about it!! Thanks for the information. I think the best way if on Student Visa during this time is to apply for I20 OPT Training (given on 60 day grace period).

dreamcanada0224

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Guys anyone who is going to the Lawrence Office in Mass please update your experience. It will be really helpful. I have been trying the link to schedule the appointment but somehow it shows no office for any state which is weird.

Reactions: Workaholic2020

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Oh really, I did not know about it!! Thanks for the information. I think the best way if on Student Visa during this time is to apply for I20 OPT Training (given on 60 day grace period).
I think if you are on the grace period, you should be fine. If you have blown past the 60 day grace period, then talk to an immigration lawyer.

DavehM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I remember reading the same. But I wonder how they can check your legal status? Are we supposed to bring in I20/I94/etc. to our appointments?

Last edited: