+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Applying TRV Questions

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Hi Folks,

I am applying for TRV within Canada and have following questions, could some one clarify and guide me.

> Unable to apply online for self, spouse & kid all in one login, looks like i need to have separate Login's and apply separately for all 3 of us is this correct?

> Looks like there is a minor change in application form compared to previous year application, question is that i dont see option to select multiple entry instead i can see only Visitor Visa / Transit Visa option under Type of Visa. Is this correct.

> Can i apply for self and spouse online and submit paper application for my kid? Will this be considered.

> Also there is new question - language requirement, have you taken English test. I have taken english test for my PR application, so i am fine, but my spouse doesn't, does she require to take english test for TRV ?

> I dont see any difference in application form (5257) who is applying Within / Outside Canada is this right?

Please revert back as my Visa expires on 31st October and need to submit my application ASAP.

Thanks,
Wonderclicks

srikanth1

May 28, 2014
wonderclicks said:
Hi Folks,

I am applying for TRV within Canada and have following questions, could some one clarify and guide me.

> Unable to apply online for self, spouse & kid all in one login, looks like i need to have separate Login's and apply separately for all 3 of us is this correct?

> Looks like there is a minor change in application form compared to previous year application, question is that i dont see option to select multiple entry instead i can see only Visitor Visa / Transit Visa option under Type of Visa. Is this correct.

> Can i apply for self and spouse online and submit paper application for my kid? Will this be considered.

> Also there is new question - language requirement, have you taken English test. I have taken english test for my PR application, so i am fine, but my spouse doesn't, does she require to take english test for TRV ?

> I dont see any difference in application form (5257) who is applying Within / Outside Canada is this right?

Please revert back as my Visa expires on 31st October and need to submit my application ASAP.

Thanks,
Wonderclicks
Based on my experience as I applied for TRV recently

1.you can apply online if you have work permit or open work permit for your dependents
2.Visitor Visa
3. I guess you cannot apply from Canada if they are just on visitor Visa
4. I have checked that open as no for my spouse and she got the passport request (so check no and that should be fine)
5.not sure

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
@srikanth1

I have BOWP approved for self and spouse, but still i am unable to apply for TRV online for all 3 of us (self, spouse and kid) in one login. Does anyone know the steps? please let me know.

Thanks,
Wonderclicks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Did you click on "Find out if you are eligible to apply online" and complete the questionnaire, and obtain your code?

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
@ Jes

Yes i did click on the link and seems like its not working fine, after answering few questionnaire it gives an error :eek: Looks like CIC site is under maintenance.

Thanks,

Wonderclicks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
it was working for me yesterday, try again - you have to go through the questionnaire and get your code to apply online...

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
@ Jes,

I did try today and got the code, but to my surprise the application form requested to fill is IMM5708E !! which i submitted previously and got returned, later got to know that i should be using IMM5257 for visitor visa. Not sure what is the reason.

Please see my answers to the questionaire.

What would you like to do in Canada?
Visit
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country of nationality of your passport?
India
What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

What is your date of birth?
-----------
Have you lived in Canada as a permanent resident or landed immigrant?
No

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Visitor

What is your current marital status?
Married
What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
Ontario
Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
Yes

When does your status in Canada expire?

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

What country does your family member live in?
Canada
Which country issued your family member's passport or travel document?
------
Is your family member a permanent resident of the United States who has an alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your family member's current marital status?
Married
What is your family member's date of birth?

---------
Where will your family member be staying in Canada?
Ontario
What is your family member`s current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

What does your family member want to do in Canada?
Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor

Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?
No

Has your family member had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

There are fees associated with your family member's application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my family member's application fees.

Do you want to submit an application for another family member?
Yes

What country does your family member live in?
Canada
Which country issued your family member's passport or travel document?
-------
Is your family member a permanent resident of the United States who has an alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
No

What is your family member's current marital status?
Never Married/Single
What is your family member's date of birth?

---------
Where will your family member be staying in Canada?
Ontario
Is your family member currently, or will they be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?
Yes

Is your family member travelling with a parent who does not have full legal custody of them?
No

Visitor

Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?
No

Has your family member had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

There are fees associated with your family member's application. Will you be paying your family member's fees, or is your family member fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my family member's application fees.

Do you want to submit an application for another family member?
No

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you need a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Yes

Thanks,
Wonderclicks

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^Are you applying for WP Extension/BOWP or the Visa itself?
I assume you are under working visa, so the answer to the below should be Worker

Worker

This will bring you to a page where "you may be eligible for an Open Work Permit" and a "Visa."

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I agree, it's not easy to figure out how to respond in this case.

Take all questions at face value, don't try to figure out what it wants -

What would you like to do in Canada?
Visit Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country of nationality of your passport?
India
What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada
Visitor WORKER

Answer all questions as you would for the BOWP - yes, you've applied for PR, yes, you've been approved in principal... you'll end up with two options at the end - apply for a TRV and apply for the BOWP. Obviously, you click on the TRV. Then it will ask you about your family members...

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Thanks Jes & Menic for your answers.

I was able to get right application (5257E) for me. However for my wife and kid it still displays 5708E application, this TRV online process is a big mess i feel :-\ :eek:. I did try with all answers available for my wife and kid but still it landed in wrong application rather than 5257. Below are the questions i answered for my family, please note my wife also having open work permit and my son visitor record.

For Wife:

Worker

Tried both visitor and worker Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor

For Son:

Visitor

I am i missing anything ???

I did read in this forum some time back that you will not be able to apply for your family (more than 2+) online for TRV, maybe it it true.

Thanks,
Wonderclicks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Don't know what to tell you - you can always apply on paper -

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Thanks for your feedback Jes.

Yes thats what i am going to do now. Was just trying to see if the system allows to do online, seems like its a issue with online for TRV applications and no where CIC has mentioned that you cannot apply for TRV if you have more than 2 applications online. I dont know why CIC is so unclear in their process. ???

Wonderclicks

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^I test tried it, and it was fine, for both the WP Extension and the Visa application.
Your answers to some of the questions are most likely incorrect.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Thanks Menic.

Applying for BOWP online was not at all a issue i applied for all 3 of us (BOWP for self and spouse and visitor for my kid) all in in one login. I did try all the options for TRV but failed to understand :-\

Anyways decided to go with paper application.

Wonderclicks.